OT: Big Mac's Bar & Lounge: Red Pandas > Shoes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
I cancelled my Comcast internet service yesterday without issue via online chat. I've still got to return the equipment though.

I actually came back in here to say the online chat was phenomenal. Like I'm genuinely shocked I was able to change my services as easily as I was on the online chat, it was such a hassle over the phone to the point where I didn't change my services. On the online chat, it was "what services do you want to change?", "this is what is available and this is the price", "okay we're good, we'll change your services immediately".

I had a deal from college that was like 100 SD channels and 150 Mbps for $85, but I never used the cable and it doesn't play well with my 4K TV, so I wanted to get rid of it. Also, standard definition blows, which is another big factor. When I called comcast, they gave me some BS that "your bill will rise to $110 if you cancel your cable right now" and "you should just keep the cable because your bill will only be $105 once the deal ends", but the person on the online chat just offered me the starting price for the same internet speed. I'm now paying $75 a month for 12 months for 150 Mbps, and then it only jumps up to $90 as the normal price.

I also learned that you can just return your old Xfinity equipment to UPS and they'll ship it to Comcast for free, that's really nice too. I think the nearest Xfinity store to me is in Green Tree, while I can go to the UPS store in Oakland via bus.

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
Services like Comcast make the process to cancel or change your subscriptions such a **** to do so you don't actually change it, I swear. I'm trying to get rid of my cable and it's like pulling teeth to get their chat service to work.

Edit: Although I will admit, their service helpers online are A LOT more helpful than they are over the phone.

Yeah tell me about it!
I had HBO and the spanish package (for wifey) and the 100MB boosted internet that I wanted to offload from comcast.

I don't even know what to compare it too, but they are such criminals. They offered me discounted alternatives which would basically revert me to an even HIGHER monthly fee once the promo ran out. I mean... I told the lady 'My wife doesn't watch the spanish channels nobody watches HBO and I can survive with 20MBit connection and I can use the 50 bucks a month to pay something much more important.' --- I know it is their job to not lose money, but I couldn't figure out if this person was stupid for real or stupid because the job required it.

Which reminds me, when my kid was 2 or 3 and found the remote controller amusing and ended up purchasing two or three terrible new release movies, which one was TNMT the first one. I had to call to cancel the purchases and get my 60 dollars back, comcast would not do it because I watched (not me-the kid did) just enough of each movie to void any chance of return.
I was furious, I said, DO YOU THINK I WOULD WATCH THAT CRAP FOR 8 MINUTES (or whatever the time was) JUST LONG ENOUGH TO NOT RETURN THEM.
Even worse was the kid was the obvious culprit with 3 straight purchases from alphabetical order. Who buys 3 movies in alphabetical order and only watches the first several minutes.
So furious. At least it lead to the realization I could disable any and all comcast in-home purchases.

Wow this turned into a massive rant.. hah

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
Yeah tell me about it!
I had HBO and the spanish package (for wifey) and the 100MB boosted internet that I wanted to offload from comcast.

I don't even know what to compare it too, but they are such criminals. They offered me discounted alternatives which would basically revert me to an even HIGHER monthly fee once the promo ran out. I mean... I told the lady 'My wife doesn't watch the spanish channels nobody watches HBO and I can survive with 20MBit connection and I can use the 50 bucks a month to pay something much more important.' --- I know it is their job to not lose money, but I couldn't figure out if this person was stupid for real or stupid because the job required it.

Which reminds me, when my kid was 2 or 3 and found the remote controller amusing and ended up purchasing two or three terrible new release movies, which one was TNMT the first one. I had to call to cancel the purchases and get my 60 dollars back, comcast would not do it because I watched (not me-the kid did) just enough of each movie to void any chance of return.
I was furious, I said, DO YOU THINK I WOULD WATCH THAT CRAP FOR 8 MINUTES (or whatever the time was) JUST LONG ENOUGH TO NOT RETURN THEM.
Even worse was the kid was the obvious culprit with 3 straight purchases from alphabetical order. Who buys 3 movies in alphabetical order and only watches the first several minutes.
So furious. At least it lead to the realization I could disable any and all comcast in-home purchases.

Wow this turned into a massive rant.. hah

The trick with those 'promotional deals' is a few weeks before the two year promotional deal ends, you go into a XFinity/Comcast store to tell them you'll be canceling your service at the end of the promotional period. Then, they give you another two year promotional deal.

Reactions: shoplifter

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
The trick with those 'promotional deals' is a few weeks before the two year promotional deal ends, you go into a XFinity/Comcast store to tell them you'll be canceling your service at the end of the promotional period. Then, they give you another two year promotional deal.

Learning has occurred. I'll remember that.
I noticed with their internet too how Emp just mentioned, if say you have 20MBps for a few years as your standard if you call and say you want the new standard, which may be 40MBps (donno, just using any number examples) for the same price.

The criminals don't raise your standard even though they did for newer customers and still charge you equally. So it's like you have to follow their standard internet speeds and fee's because you can get left behind.

Tom Hanks

Spelling mistakes brought to you by my iPhone.
Nov 10, 2017
Learning has occurred. I'll remember that.
I noticed with their internet too how Emp just mentioned, if say you have 20MBps for a few years as your standard if you call and say you want the new standard, which may be 40MBps (donno, just using any number examples) for the same price.

The criminals don't raise your standard even though they did for newer customers and still charge you equally. So it's like you have to follow their standard internet speeds and fee's because you can get left behind.

I’m lucky I live in a house with a guy who works for Telus and he works from home so we get the best they’ve got.

Forgot my password and the email I signed up with didn’t exist anymore so it’s Tom Hanks part 2 :laugh:

Reactions: Honour Over Glory

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Speaking of Comcast, I hate what Disney has done to movies lately but I would rather Disney ponied up the money to win that Fox bid, Comcast winning it would be even worse because they're greedy af and will just start to charge ridiculous amounts for a streaming service that will suck unless you sign up with their internet services, etc.

In short, Comcast is evil.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
I’m lucky I live in a house with a guy who works for Telus and he works from home so we get the best they’ve got.

Forgot my password and the email I signed up with didn’t exist anymore so it’s Tom Hanks part 2 :laugh:
I was legit wondering what happened to you, Tom Deuce returns.

Yeah I am with Telus here too, the speed is fantastic but Telus as a whole is an idiotically run company.

PS - I would message Buffaloed or another higher up Mod that can switch your email to your old account and then merge this one or delete this one and get access back to your old one.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005

giphy.gif

Reactions: Tom Hanks

Tom Hanks

Nov 10, 2017
I was legit wondering what happened to you, Tom Deuce returns.

Yeah I am with Telus here too, the speed is fantastic but Telus as a whole is an idiotically run company.

PS - I would message Buffaloed or another higher up Mod that can switch your email to your old account and then merge this one or delete this one and get access back to your old one.

I was having some brain issues and had to stay offline for a while but then I couldn’t get back into my account.

My friend would probably agree with you about Telus.

Thanks for the tip. I will contact Buffaloed.

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007

It's possible to lose an account that way? Can't you just get your password for the email you signed up with? or does the domain not exist any longer?

Man that makes me remember, my gmail account is so old it was from the days of pre-google domination when the email service was through invite only. My have things changed.

Also, does anyone else remember the good ol' google days when google maps had an option you can click any business / company and the option was 'make call to / from' and you were literally able to call anyone using a spoofed number of your choice.
I can't say because I don't want to get in trouble, but we did very naughty things to people with that incredibly bad idea of an option that had no clear intention other than to misuse it

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
Speaking of Comcast, I hate what Disney has done to movies lately but I would rather Disney ponied up the money to win that Fox bid, Comcast winning it would be even worse because they're greedy af and will just start to charge ridiculous amounts for a streaming service that will suck unless you sign up with their internet services, etc.

In short, Comcast is evil.

Very much agree.

Tom Hanks

Nov 10, 2017
It's possible to lose an account that way? Can't you just get your password for the email you signed up with? or does the domain not exist any longer?

Man that makes me remember, my gmail account is so old it was from the days of pre-google domination when the email service was through invite only. My have things changed.

Also, does anyone else remember the good ol' google days when google maps had an option you can click any business / company and the option was 'make call to / from' and you were literally able to call anyone using a spoofed number of your choice.
I can't say because I don't want to get in trouble, but we did very naughty things to people with that incredibly bad idea of an option that had no clear intention other than to misuse it

The email I signed up with is deleted so when they email my forgotten password I can’t get to it. @Honour Over Glory gave me a tip to get back in my old account.

Sequels aren’t usually better than the original ;)

SniperHF

Rejecting Reports
Mar 9, 2007
Phoenix
The email I signed up with is deleted so when they email my forgotten password I can’t get to it. @Honour Over Glory gave me a tip to get back in my old account.

We can clear that up, send an email to [email protected] with the old email account listed if you remember what it was.
Then we'll merge Tom Hanks II into Tom Hanks, which sounds dirty.

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007

Sequels aren’t usually better than the original ;)

I haven't been here much either. I'm not a big prospects guy and there isn't much else to talk about outside of a few news stories that are just rumors at this point.

Yeah that is good to know from Honour OG in case I have that problem. Years would go by when I couldn't remember my password here and just figured, 'EHhhhhhhhhh nevermind', and just didn't post for ages haha.

I'm wathing that **** Blockers movie now with that wrestler guy. I can't believe I watched Rampage and now Blockers, both movies have wrestlers as the stars, not actors. :eek:

Reactions: Tom Hanks

Tom Hanks

Nov 10, 2017
We can clear that up, send an email to [email protected] with the old email account listed if you remember what it was.
Then we'll merge Tom Hanks II into Tom Hanks, which sounds dirty.

Thanks @SniperHF. I remember the original email I signed up with but then I changed it (don’t remember it now) I’ll send an email.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012

Did they pass the law or something? Because living in BC is going to be quite interesting as it's already a massive pot head haven and it reeks like weed literally all over the downtown core.

I'm more so annoyed with the idiots that blaze while driving, I mean, really?

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
Dammit, as soon as I say something nice about comcast, they come in with a gut shot and force me to get "professional installation" of my equipment when I move. I know how to plug in a router, and unless all of the wires need to be replaced in the walls, I don't want to pay you $60 for a "professional installation".

I will say, though, that might be worth the money somewhat if I can get the Xfinity person to weave my Ethernet cable for my router to my computer through the walls or along the ceiling. That's a pain in the ass to do, so I'd honestly be fine with paying someone else money to do that. From the looks of it, the professional installation isn't just plugging in the router, so they might be able to do that.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
I honestly can't even tell you who they, some rapper in Pittsburgh, some other dude with some moronic face tats, some Keef dude was shot at too. I honestly don't care, just seems odd at this day and age for that sort of thing to even be happening.

Why can't they just rap battle it out.

yFKMKL0.gif

RIP - Papa Doc's career.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Dammit, as soon as I say something nice about comcast, they come in with a gut shot and force me to get "professional installation" of my equipment when I move. I know how to plug in a router, and unless all of the wires need to be replaced in the walls, I don't want to pay you $60 for a "professional installation".

I will say, though, that might be worth the money somewhat if I can get the Xfinity person to weave my Ethernet cable for my router to my computer through the walls or along the ceiling. That's a pain in the ass to do, so I'd honestly be fine with paying someone else money to do that. From the looks of it, the professional installation isn't just plugging in the router, so they might be able to do that.

Apartment? Usually they need to just get to the main room where the rest of the lines are at and plug in a few things and switch some wires, that should be included in your bill, Comcast is such crap.

DegenX

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Aug 14, 2011
Did they pass the law or something? Because living in BC is going to be quite interesting as it's already a massive pot head haven and it reeks like weed literally all over the downtown core.

I'm more so annoyed with the idiots that blaze while driving, I mean, really?
Yup. Canada has become the first G7 country to legalize it

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
I honestly can't even tell you who they, some rapper in Pittsburgh, some other dude with some moronic face tats, some Keef dude was shot at too. I honestly don't care, just seems odd at this day and age for that sort of thing to even be happening.

Why can't they just rap battle it out.

yFKMKL0.gif

RIP - Papa Doc's career.
Yeah, I mean criminals aren't really bright. Why they can't be like Wu-Tang Clan and just do pcp and come up with sick music.

I wish Tupac Biggie and Big L didn't get whacked in their prime. I really wonder what they would be doing today and if they would put out trash or be really good. Same with John Lennon, what would he have been into if he were not gunned down.

Curious more than sympathetic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad