OT: Big Mac's Bar & Lounge: No Man's Skyy

Status
Not open for further replies.

66-30-33

Jan 24, 2006
Victoria, BC
A guy I know IRL who I used to game with had a major stroke a few years ago and is on pain killers, just found out his wife has uncurable cancer and 5 months to 5 years to live. They were both nice people. Life is a ***** sometimes.

Winger for Hire

Praise Beebo
Dec 9, 2013
Quarantine Zone 5
Apparently John Krasinski is playing Jack Ryan in a new Amazon TV series. I find that to be in interesting choice, but I guess he wasn't too bad as a Navy Seal in that Bengazi movie. Could be better than Affleck.

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
They should just go back to Harrison Ford.

You know... Jack Ryan in his later years. Crapping his pants during an intense confrontation with some corrupt government higher-up. Not remembering the nuclear launch codes when it's time to disarm the bomb in D.C. Going 15 in a 40 during a car chase and taking ten minutes to make a left turn. Randomly grumbling angrily to nobody in particular about how Mexicans are ruining the country. Etc.

Deport Ogie

Jun 30, 2014
Suburbia
Jack Ryan will always be Alec Baldwin. Mostly because Red October is the only Clancy movie I've ever seen.

Besides, if you think Baldwin as Ryan is not believable, how about a Scotsman playing a Russian who speaks English?

MetalheadPenguinsFan

Sep 17, 2009
Canada
Got my cigar Tupperdor up and going...

24fjxub.jpg

And no my hygrometer really isn't upside down, it's just because of how I took my picture. :laugh:

66-30-33

Jan 24, 2006
Victoria, BC
A buddy from work is getting into his music with his band and they are getting known, so he might be quitting work to pursue this which I told him he NEEDS to do, his music is amazing! Worth the $5.

Winger for Hire

Praise Beebo
Dec 9, 2013
Quarantine Zone 5
Yeah I read about that earlier. Didn't catch that fight so I can't comment but still...yuck.

There was the heavyweight medal match that was terrible, then the Irish boxer who got robbed, then tonight I saw Gary Russell, an American, lose a round where his opponent was told to start boxing by the ref, and then lose the final round where he unleashed hell upon the guy and knocked him down at the bell.

The boxing community should be embarrassed, but nothing will change. It's a shame because boxing can be entertaining.

MetalheadPenguinsFan

Sep 17, 2009
Canada
There was the heavyweight medal match that was terrible, then the Irish boxer who got robbed, then tonight I saw Gary Russell, an American, lose a round where his opponent was told to start boxing by the ref, and then lose the final round where he unleashed hell upon the guy and knocked him down at the bell.

The boxing community should be embarrassed, but nothing will change. It's a shame because boxing can be entertaining.

Agreed. But yeah that is pathetically ****ing disgusting for sure.

Ah well. At least we've got GGG vs. Brook in like a month and then Kovalev vs. Ward in November to look forward to. :yo: :yo:

Winger for Hire

Praise Beebo
Dec 9, 2013
Quarantine Zone 5
Two of my biggest pet peeves at work are clipping your nails at your desk and spraying **** that makes it smell like the Macy's fragrance counter.

You'll never guess what the two nimrods on either side of me are doing currently... :madfire:

MetalheadPenguinsFan

Sep 17, 2009
Canada
Back from the dentist.

Got a filling and that wisdom tooth ripped out with just the freezing needle (that I didn't even feel the injection), and I don't need any painkillers or antibiotics thank goodness.

My dentist said I must have an insane pain tolerance, I'm like "I guess...." :laugh:

Scandale du Jour

JordanStaal#1Fan
Mar 11, 2002
Asbestos, Qc
www.angelfire.com
I can't hit a god damn golf ball anymore. Last three times I went to the driving range, my swing completely leaves me after ten balls or so.

I hit my PW just fine, then my 9, then my 7 and I usually break there. I seem to be hitting the ground early. Even when I don't shank it, I will hit like 105 with my 7 iron. I usually hit 135-145 with it. First time it happened, I went back to my 9 and nope, didn't work, still short or shanked.

Can't drive anymore either. When I bought my new club, I was steadily hitting it straight for 220-230, now, 210 is my max and that is when I don't shank it left.

First time something like that ever happens to me. My swing it completely gone :cry:

I will look like a clown at the company tournament next Friday :(

Winger for Hire

Praise Beebo
Dec 9, 2013
Quarantine Zone 5
Without seeing you, the only advise I can give if you're taking too much ground on your swing is to move the ball back towards your back foot some in your stance. As for the shank in your irons, make sure that you're taking the club back straight when you start your swing. I had a bad habit of really pushing my irons dead left (I'm a lefty), and I've focused on keeping my swing path as straight as possible and it has seemed to work well for me.

That's all I got for you without seeing your swing. Hope it helps some.

Scandale du Jour

JordanStaal#1Fan
Mar 11, 2002
Asbestos, Qc
www.angelfire.com
Without seeing you, the only advise I can give if you're taking too much ground on your swing is to move the ball back towards your back foot some in your stance. As for the shank in your irons, make sure that you're taking the club back straight when you start your swing. I had a bad habit of really pushing my irons dead left (I'm a lefty), and I've focused on keeping my swing path as straight as possible and it has seemed to work well for me.

That's all I got for you without seeing your swing. Hope it helps some.

Thank you very much for the kind advice! I will try that for sure!

Winger for Hire

Praise Beebo
Dec 9, 2013
Quarantine Zone 5
Happy to help. It's tough trying to find your swing after a long layoff. I just got back into golfing after about a 6 year layoff and I've worked harder on my swing this year than all of the years in high school and college when I was golfing all the time.

Scandale du Jour

JordanStaal#1Fan
Mar 11, 2002
Asbestos, Qc
www.angelfire.com
Happy to help. It's tough trying to find your swing after a long layoff. I just got back into golfing after about a 6 year layoff and I've worked harder on my swing this year than all of the years in high school and college when I was golfing all the time.

Took advantage of having the day off to try and apply your advice.

At first, I put the ball a little more towards my back foot and made sure that my swing path as straight as possible... I was still doing okay with my PW/9 and shanking my 7/5. I took the time to look at where my club was hitting the ball and I noticed that I was hitting it at the junction of the face and the shaft so the ball was going right.

I thought it was I was probably standing to close to the ball. I moved back from the ball a little bit, placed the ball in line with the center of my body and kept my swing path as straight as possible. Result: 135 straight with my 7. I tried my 5, same thing, 150 straight. I missed a few balls here and there and was lacking consistency with my ball placement, but, overall, I was happy with my progress.

As for my drive, I still struggle a little bit, but standing a little further from the ball did improve my results.

I don't play often, so I will need to get to the driving range/golf course more often if I want to find consistency.

Thanks again bud!

66-30-33

Jan 24, 2006
Victoria, BC
Who's watching UFC tomorrow? have not paid attention to it for a long time but i'm going to the bar tomorrow to watch it with a bunch of people from work. Wont be eating/drinking though.

Winger for Hire

Praise Beebo
Dec 9, 2013
Quarantine Zone 5
Doesn't look like a bad build.

I have a friend who just put in a 1070 card and says it's definitely worth the extra money. Not sure if you have the coin to bump it up, buthe something to consider.

I would also recommend a SSD (to go with your selected HD) if only to put your OS on and your most frequently played games. The difference is very noticeable when you boot/play from a solid state drive.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad