OT: Big Mac's Bar & Lounge: Does ColePens Dream of Electric Dance Music?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Penguinator

Kesselator
Sep 17, 2014
Space
I'd stay up and watch USA Up All Night and Joe Bob Briggs' TNT Monstervision every weekend. The primal emotion of fear, but in a safe environment was a cool feeling. Sure, you knew Jason Voorhees wasn't real, but hey, it's dark out and no one else is awake...and what is with all of these noises around the house you never noticed before?

I have cultivated a fairly large bd/dvd collection: http://huskertornado.filmaf.com/?tab=stats

Aaaaah Yesssss! Monstervision rocked, CineMassacre.com has a cool video about it. I really like Friday the 13th although some of the films really sucked ass. I'm such a fan of that slasher franchise that i found Jason X really good. Sometimes i phantasm about Jason creeping up to BigMcLarge to give hime a true taste of what terror is! :laugh:

Will check on yer collection later & come back to you on it while Big shivers, shakes & pees in his pants at the mere thought of Jason paying him a visit...

HuskerTornado

Jobu Needs Rum
May 26, 2008
Parts Unknown
I haven't watched the Aliens movies in so many years... I own the quadrilogy on bluray, but haven't opened it yet. I actually have 238 blus that I haven't watched yet :blush:. I should have some time to knock a bunch of these down later in the summer.

clefty

Retrovertigo
Dec 24, 2003
Visit site
Aliens is guilty of one of, if not the most, pathetic film tropes to manufacture tension and drama - adding a little kid to the cast and putting them in harms way.

Yeah, I'm real worried that this screaming, annoying brat is going to get ripped in half by an Alien, or whatever.

Combine that with the typical Cameronish cheese in the dialogue and Bill Paxton's truly abysmal acting, the cliched lunkhead military squad...it's just lame.

Big McLargehuge

Fragile Traveler
May 9, 2002
S. Pasadena, CA
Jodaily.gif

66-30-33

Jan 24, 2006
Victoria, BC
On Tuesday it marks the 1 month i've started working out (hiking mountains, biking everywhere, walking around golf course) and i've lost 17 points so far. Hope to get around 22 before the month is up. A few years ago i lost 50 pounds in 2 months doing insanity (would have been 60 or more but my diet fell to **** near the end). I'm at 223 right now, i just don't want to be fat anymore. That chick i was talking about before in this thread that quit and i was infatuated with caused me to do this and reavaluate my life. I'm also 3 weeks clean of video games, used to play them 40-100 hours a week. I just wanna jump head first into fitness...boxing, Muay Thai, keep biking and hiking, buy a punching bag, pullup bar and do my workouts outside on my huge deck, although i live on a busy street so tons of people will be watching me...but whatever, they will just go "what a beast".

Penguinator

Kesselator
Sep 17, 2014
Space
Keep it up 66!

Big, since you're so big on Aliens i highly recommend you watch the director's cut if you haven't already. It's a slower build-up with a few extra action scenes (roboguns!). I really liked how they showed the little girl's background as opposed to nothing in the theatrical release.

Oh & clefty... Little girl never gets ripped in half...

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
On Tuesday it marks the 1 month i've started working out (hiking mountains, biking everywhere, walking around golf course) and i've lost 17 points so far. Hope to get around 22 before the month is up. A few years ago i lost 50 pounds in 2 months doing insanity (would have been 60 or more but my diet fell to **** near the end). I'm at 223 right now, i just don't want to be fat anymore. That chick i was talking about before in this thread that quit and i was infatuated with caused me to do this and reavaluate my life. I'm also 3 weeks clean of video games, used to play them 40-100 hours a week. I just wanna jump head first into fitness...boxing, Muay Thai, keep biking and hiking, buy a punching bag, pullup bar and do my workouts outside on my huge deck, although i live on a busy street so tons of people will be watching me...but whatever, they will just go "what a beast".

nice work. I'm in an ultimate frisbee league for the first time in about 5 years starting tonight. looking for somewhere to play soccer too. Though diet is still where I struggle the most.

penguins2946*

I'm glad I'm not the only once losing weight because of a girl :laugh:

It's not like I was that bad, I was at 194 around 3 weeks ago (I'm 6' tall, so it puts me at the borderline healthy/overweight category) and I'm down to 185. I'm not really dieting though, I'm just eating less food. I'm sticking around 1500 calories a day and burning around 600 at the gym.

Randy Butternubs

Mar 15, 2008
Morningside
I think I was 135lbs when I graduated high school. By the time I graduated college (all 5 five years), I was up to 185lbs. Now I'm at a fairly slim/fit 152lbs.

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
I was probably around 180 the summer before 11th grade. Then I tore a ligament in my ankle and didn't do **** for about a year. Ended up just over 200 by the time I got back to playing sports. Once I got to college, I got to about 215-220 and floated there for 4 years. All of this time, outside of while I was hurt in 11th grade, I was playing some sort of sport at least 3 or 4 nights a week.

My diet was garbage the whole time, but I was active. But I was active in Mt Pleasant and Latrobe. As soon as I got my job in Pittsburgh I pretty much quit all of my activities at the same time. That was 5 years ago now. I hadn't stepped on a scale in years until about a month ago and I was closer to 300 than 250. Went home and signed up for this frisbee league that day. I've been doing some running, but Neville Island is just so damn boring to run on. There's just nowhere to actually go.

Winger for Hire

Praise Beebo
Dec 9, 2013
Quarantine Zone 5
During my freshman year in high school I wrestled at anywhere from 100lbs to 115lbs. Got injured, stopped wrestling. Graduated at around 170lbs. Graduated college around 180lbs. Got a desk job, hit 220lbs. I think I'm back around 190lbs. I shock myself every time I remember I wrestled in the 100lbs weight class.

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
I've been between 175 and 185 (at 6 foot) more or less my entire adult life (I'm old). I never seemed to lose too much weight when I played hockey regularly (I only have time/motivation for occasional pickup games of roller, anymore) and I never seemed to put on too much during periods of inactivity/desk jobs. My body just kind of... wants to be at this size. I guess the one thing I've been responsible about most of my life is being careful about what I eat.

185 sounds a little heavy for 6 foot. But most people guess I weigh a good deal less. I just have really massive legs from playing hockey and hiking every weekend for many, many years. When I lived/worked/schooled in Morgantown... I didn't have a car. So I walked up and down that hill-of-a-town for over ten years, as well.

All of that makes me sound like at least half a health nut. But if you knew me... even saying that out loud would make you laugh. I despise gyms. I just happen to like things that kept me active most of my life.

Penguinator

Kesselator
Sep 17, 2014
Space
:laugh: Should have known they'd come up with one sooner than later.

I would have added some darker brown color in the deeper parts to add some relief though & maybe a slightly more complex dancing motion too.

Penguinator

Kesselator
Sep 17, 2014
Space
Holy diced cow Husker, your film collection is gargantuesque! I'm a filmaniac & there's stuff in there i've never even heard about, you're quite the collector sir. Hopefully you have time to watch'em all before you die.../creepy ;)

Shrimper

Trick or ruddy treat
Feb 20, 2010
Essex
What's the quickest (cheapest too if poss) way from Pittsburgh to Toronto?

Looking at;

20th October - 23rd
23rd - 26th Toronto
27th - 29th Boston
29th evening - home.

66-30-33

Jan 24, 2006
Victoria, BC
Blast from the past, just listened to a Moffatts song. Havn't heard of them in a long ass time, used to be friends with a few of them back in elementary school. **** i'm old. I'm also related to Frank and Peter Mahovlich and some famous Olympic wresler that i can't remember the name of....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad