Post-Game Talk: Big L (Habs 3-6 Panthers)

Donkey Of The Game (DOTG: 17/02/2019)

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Zorba

May 26, 2011
DELTA BC
Nice to see leks and Armia hit the score sheet...
Awful plain awful
Drouin and danault are MIA the last 4 games
Good thing Bergevin got weise and Thompson

David Suzuki

Aug 25, 2010
New Brunswick
Though I have no clue if it will help, they gotta switch the lines Tuesday.

Tatar - Domi - Gallagher
Drouin - Kotka - Shaw

Is all I care about...

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
Never should've started Niemi. Drouin can't even handle the puck anymore.
Benn needs to get the hell out already. I can't wait for one of Juulsen, Brook or Fleury to be ready.

It's going to be a struggle to make the playoffs.

Oh yeah, Barkov killed us. Danault line was laughably over matched, as was our D. Mete was our best D.

Reactions: Pomee and Forum93

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
True, but he is missing way more than a 3rd liner should
I want to adress this, because you had similar comments on Mete earlier when he didn't produce anything, struggled a bit defensively and fanning on eveyrthing. (Both are in similar situations.)

In reality, Lekhonen and Mete are producing regular 4th D/third line numbers, even better in Lekhonen's case. The fact that he is missing more often isn't actually a negative if he produces 30 points and misses more often than a third liner who wouldn't be in that position. It means he gets more opportunities and produces at the same rate (I don't know if the first is factual, but it seems about right, while the 2nd is factual (+/-, haven't checked the numbers.))

sheed36

Jan 8, 2005
No Man's Land
Habs defense against the beast known as Barkov tonight.

LividLittleHornedviper-max-1mb.gif

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
It's raining figs, Hallelujah! It's raining figs and sam is not happy ...

5c69935fb1282420181127.gif

blarneylad

Feb 1, 2009
Tough time to slump. But it isn’t concerning yet. Every team slumps. And habs played great against Leafs and Tampa. The third period agains Tampa was bad tho.

Tonight Niemi sank them early. Get back on her next game. Hold off Pitts and Carolina for a wild card and let the team learn by playing 4 playoff games.

CHfan1

Apr 23, 2012
Icetime:

Drouin 19:20
Shaw 18:22
Armia: 15:07
Gallagher 14:06 (8th among forwards)

Probably a good call there, you shouldn’t play your leading goal scorer when you’re behind all game.

Reactions: Pomee and 26Mats

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
I want to adress this, because you had similar comments on Mete earlier when he didn't produce anything, struggled a bit defensively and fanning on eveyrthing. (Both are in similar situations.)

In reality, Lekhonen and Mete are producing regular 4th D/third line numbers, even better in Lekhonen's case. The fact that he is missing more often isn't actually a negative if he produces 30 points and misses more often than a third liner who wouldn't be in that position. It means he gets more opportunities and produces at the same rate (I don't know if the first is factual, but it seems about right, while the 2nd is factual (+/-, haven't checked the numbers.))
Mete was terrible at the start of the year. You aren't convincing me otherwise. The Habs even sent him down for that. Even if you don't agree with that, do you honestly think that this Mete is the same one at the start of the year? If you do, then I have nothing else to say.

Missing as many golden chances as Lehkonen is 100% a negative. That's costing your team right there. He needs to be A LOT better right now. He had a great start but has been awful since then. No more excuses for this guy, it's all on him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad