News Article: Big changes coming in for next season

AchtzehnBaby

Global Matador
Mar 28, 2013
Hazeldean Road
Bruce has been given some scoop...

GARRIOCH: The decision to let Mark Borowiecki go to market will be just one of many changes in Ottawa | Ottawa Sun

“General manager Pierre Dorion will spend a lot of time in the next month or so shaping the roster for next season and those picks will play a big role. Not only because the club is going to get two huge assets that will play a massive role in this rebuild down the road, the reality is some of those draft picks are going to be used to address needs for the roster in the short and long-term.”

Emerica

May 29, 2010
I mean.. It's not a scoop. Everyone knows that whoever is going to ask market value for their new contract will not be re-signed and will be replaced by cheap rookies or old vets that aren't NHL level anymore.

Garrioch just doing his part in trying to set expectations for anyone thinking we were somehow going to be adding anything other than draft picks this offseason.

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
I mean.. It's not a scoop. Everyone knows that whoever is going to ask market value for their new contract will not be re-signed and will be replaced by cheap rookies or old vets that are in the dying years of their careers.

Garrioch just doing his part in trying to set expectations for anyone thinking we were somehow going to be adding anything other than draft picks this offseason.
To add they will go from being locker room leaders.. To cancers in the locker room

Reactions: The Lewler

senswon

Quo Tendimus
Aug 1, 2007
Kingstone
So ....2x 2nds or/+ 28OA for Puljajarviijarviiiis or Laine incoming?

Also whyyyyyyyyyyyy are we considering resigning Old man Hainsey????? If he's such a great leader, make him an assistant or whatever. Might even be able to defer 50% of his salary that way....

Tnuoc Alucard

🇨🇦🔑🧲✈️🎲🥅🎱🍟🥨🌗
Sep 23, 2015
Karlsson and Duche noone else was cancer

Didn't know he played for the Sens, what season?
peternoone.jpg

Reactions: Beville

Que

What?
Feb 12, 2017
Mind Prison
Re-signing Hainsey is something that doesn't even need to be talked about and something that definitely doesn't need to happen.

It’s literally our top priority. No personal bias.

Also, seeing as next year is a throw away it would be beneficial for the kids to see Ron go through his retirement here. Helps shape perspective.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
The big UFA signing this year: Trevor Daley
looking for UFAs attractive to Ottawa... all the search results return things like top 20 UFA We are no way even close to getting #20... .. I want bottom 20 .. can I find that? How come you can't get a list of players nobody else wants ... wait I think I got one .Ottawa Senators 2019 Roster

Why not Demelo over Hainsey... Not an x-Leaf ... any other reasons?

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013

So we are going to use draft picks to plug holes for the short term? .. I know he says and long term but short term?

Korpse

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
As others said, expected. Hopefully the looming expansion draft plays into Ottawa's hand a little.

Reactions: NB613

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
Gotta play the cards right and we certainly have a lot of cards but... big changes implies $$$ investment... so where do the money comes from?

Last edited:
Reactions: Matsens15

TheDebater

Peace be upon you
Mar 10, 2016
Ottawa
The article says Chabot is the top candidate for captaincy. Booyah!

Chabot basically follows the trend of past Captains like Karlsson, Spezza and Alfredsson. All are great players with a relatively quiet demeanor on the ice, so they make good captains.

However, I would prefer to go a different direction and give the "C" to a guy like Tkachuk; his energy alone every shift will give the rest of the team a boost when they need it.

Reactions: edguy and Frank8

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad