Big Byfuglien has surgery on ankle. Might get reimbursed if hockey related

Butch 19

Go cart Mozart
May 12, 2006
Geographical Oddity
Add to that... IF Byfuglien was still not healthy at the beginning of the season - He would of immediately stated as such the moment the Jets announced he was suspended... i.e. If he had reported he still wasn't healthy, Jet's course of action would of been to LTIR till he figured his **** out.
But no.. he takes a Personal leave... gets suspended... then has his ankle suddenly requiring surgery... THEN talks kick up about it being hockey related and he should be paid.

Jets likely win this and get to keep the suspension going,... but essentially ruining the relationship with Buff.

??? How about what Buff did? He had a medical procedure behind his employers back!!! then wants to be reimbursed for it... ??

I doubt Wpg management is that hard to deal with. They don't want to look bad here - Buff aleady looks bad.

Reactions: Stumbledore

DL44

Status quo
Sep 26, 2006
??? How about what Buff did? He had a medical procedure behind his employers back!!! then wants to be reimbursed for it... ??

I doubt Wpg management is that hard to deal with. They don't want to look bad here - Buff aleady looks bad.
Agreed... bad all around. I think it marks the end of his Wpg tenure.

TheWhiskeyThief

Dec 24, 2017

Byvall accounts, Buff was done. Chevy asked him to reconsider. When Buff went to skate, he couldn’t, saw a doc about it.

As I wrote above in a prior post, WPG team doctor faces liability issues for medically clearing him, Chevy has issues for not getting Buff to said team doctor for a physical the moment he asked Buff to put retirement off.

mouser

Business of Hockey
Jul 13, 2006
South Mountain
Byvall accounts, Buff was done. Chevy asked him to reconsider. When Buff went to skate, he couldn’t, saw a doc about it.

As I wrote above in a prior post, WPG team doctor faces liability issues for medically clearing him, Chevy has issues for not getting Buff to said team doctor for a physical the moment he asked Buff to put retirement off.

How in the world would a team doctor face liability issues over an exit examination several months prior that Buff signed off on?

Buff chose not to report to training camp. There is a CBA that governs what teams can or cannot do—Chevy had no authority to direct Buff to see a team doctor, regardless of what Buff’s reasons for skipping training camp were.

TheWhiskeyThief

Dec 24, 2017
How in the world would a team doctor face liability issues over an exit examination several months prior that Buff signed off on?

Buff chose not to report to training camp. There is a CBA that governs what teams can or cannot do—Chevy had no authority to direct Buff to see a team doctor, regardless of what Buff’s reasons for skipping training camp were.

What part of “Buff was going to retire” don’t you grok?

Last edited by a moderator:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad