Post-Game Talk: Big bad leafs win 5-2

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
Anyone catch Jack Edwards filthy remark towards Kase?

“Ondrej Kase - had more concussions than points with the Bruins”

edwards is lowest of low and an absolute trash person. no other way of putting it. i remember he was laughing and calling someone (forgot who) when injured like they are play acting and they are not injured. edwards is trash

Bluelines

Python FTW!
Nov 17, 2013
Karma will probably come back and bite me for making this comment but for the first time in a long time Boston looks like a beatable team, no Chara, no Krejci, no Rask, no Halak. If last night is an indication of what the new bruins are, can we face them in the 1st round please?

One thing didn't change with them, they are still the dirtiest, cheap shot , diving, cry baby, whiners they they always were. Is it part of their AHL development , to learn how to dive? That PIM on Bunting? Seriously, for the Bruin to fall like that, when Bunting is pushing down not forward .... defies the laws of physics. Shamefully dirty team.

Last edited:
Reactions: yubbers

MattySnipes

Jan 26, 2018
'Mecca' of Hockey
Karma will probably come back and bite me for making this comment but for the first time in a long time Boston looks like a beatable team, no Chara, no Krejci, no Rask, no Halak. If last night is an indication of what the new bruins are, can we face them in the 1st round please?

One thing didn't change with them, they are still the dirtiest, cheap shot , diving, cry baby, whiners they they always were. Is it part of their AHL development , to learn how to dive? That PIM on Bunting? Seriously, for the Bruin to fall like that, when Bunting is pushing down not forward .... defies the laws of physics. Shamefully dirty team.
He'll be back hes recoving from surgery. He should be ready to go by December-January. He has said he will be returning back to Boston and he could be a cheap goalie for them.

Agreed though, i was saying in game that the Bruins don't look the same as years past. I think they make the playoffs, but probably as a wild card.

Lilou

t-.-t
Oct 29, 2008
Scarborough, ON
muzzin crushing marchand and then lily pissing of that rat to give us a PP where we scored was so beautiful

:yo:

It's so easy to set off the mental midget. :laugh: Most refs would have given Lilj a penalty too for no reason but marchand gets no respect. I love it. The next few years are going to be hilarious after bergeron retires and marchand/pastrnak have to carry the rest of those powderpuffs.

therealkoho

Him/Leaf/fan
Jul 10, 2009
the Prior
Referees scored a -2.98 on the Skilliation scale, not a scintillating score by any means but better than the norm the Leafs usually get

very quiet 4 point night from Mitch:sarcasm: ...... I am so glad he's a Maple Leaf, remember all the folks wanting to take Crouse

If anyone ever again questions Tavares captaincy, refer them to Marners empty netter, and while were at it nobody ever gets to question the captain ever again, that is all

put the deuce in our pocket and on to the next

Reactions: kb

IPS

Sep 28, 2017
Opener for sure.

It was the opener for a reason.
It was actually the opener because Gaethje, Rose and Usman all share the same head coach (Trevor Wittman). That coach needed time to prepare Rose for her fight. They initially had Gaethje-Chandler scheduled for the 3rd fight of the night. Made me a good chunk of change off the Trevor Wittman parlay at +320.

But you are right, these cards are very watered down compared to what they used to do years ago.

Reactions: Bomber0104

justashadowof

Aug 15, 2020
My latent overpowering homer instincts for the Leafs kicked in last night during a glorious win against its division rival:
- I was outraged by the penalty to Muzzin leading to the Bruins' first goal
- I saw nothing wrong with allowing a goal scored against a net knocked off its moorings that may or may not have crossed the line completely because it was obviously an attempt at cheating by the Bruins
- I was pulling at my hair that Liljegren actually assumed that he had been penalized, for I'm not sure what ... defending himself from getting hit in the face for the 3rd or 4th time?
- I was pointing and laughing at Marchand leaving the penalty box after the Leafs had scored quickly on the power play
- I was wondering out loud how Marchand got a single 2 minute minor after hitting the Leafs' player in the face and neck area 3 times with his glove and stick - does this guy have pictures or something?

As the game wound down the jaded Leafs' fan came back:
- how many times does this team allow its star players to get flattened without so much as a cross word at the opposition?
- it's great that the stars have gotten going finally but what happens when they go cold or get shut down, the other 2 lines offer very little offensive production and quite frankly only Simmonds is appropriately aggressive
- the team looked worn down by the end of the game and seemed to be barely hanging on, unfortunately I can imagine this team folding in the playoffs again

Twine Tickler

Apr 5, 2010
Vancouver
Massive statement win.

Positives
-The big boys are continuing to show up. Hard to beat us when they are on their games
-that 4th line is absolutely dictating play. Simmonds has just brought an energy that I got to be honest with you, I was not expecting. Easily his best hockey as a Leaf the last 4-5 games
-Timmy, Timmy, Timmy
-Mo looks like vintage Mo after he signed
-JT is an absolute monster right now
-Kase was all over the puck
-Soup is just so hot right now.

Negatives
-Didn't like how for the 2nd straight game we had a Defensemen step up into the play only to turnover the puck. 9 times out of 10 that's a play that doesn't go back the other way for a goal, but it made a 4-1 game a lot more interesting than it needed to be. I like Sandin stepping up there, but he absolutely has to get that puck through if he walks down that low. If the lane is not there, hold the puck.

other than that, there really was nothing to hate about that performance. These past 2 games have given me a lot of hope for this club. They went toe to toe with 2 very good teams and answered the bell, really well. Gotta keep this momentum going. Stockpile those points now.

Reactions: leafsfan5

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
I'll take December 29th in the "What day will Auston Matthews take the goal scoring lead?" poll that someone should start.

Poll sounds like a fun idea. Not sure what the chances are that he takes the lead at any point this season but it's an interesting proposition.

Referees scored a -2.98 on the Skilliation scale, not a scintillating score by any means but better than the norm the Leafs usually get

very quiet 4 point night from Mitch:sarcasm: ...... I am so glad he's a Maple Leaf, remember all the folks wanting to take Crouse

If anyone ever again questions Tavares captaincy, refer them to Marners empty netter, and while were at it nobody ever gets to question the captain ever again, that is all

put the deuce in our pocket and on to the next

I don't think there were many people wanting Crouse. IIRC, most of the conversation was around Hanafin vs Marner with Strome being the next most mentioned name (and a few hundred posts about Barzal from Mess). Damn that was a strong draft, glad we took Marner!

I 100% agree about Tavares. I still can't believe how much crap the guy gets around here, none of it deserved. I mean I can understand (with the benefit of hindsight) questioning if signing him was the best move, but at the time, 99% of fans were thrilled it happened and even today, it's far from clear that we'd be better off had we not done it. He's a huge asset and some people are acting as if the guy can't even skate anymore, just ridiculous.

IPS

Sep 28, 2017
Poll sounds like a fun idea. Not sure what the chances are that he takes the lead at any point this season but it's an interesting proposition.

I don't think there were many people wanting Crouse. IIRC, most of the conversation was around Hanafin vs Marner with Strome being the next most mentioned name (and a few hundred posts about Barzal from Mess). Damn that was a strong draft, glad we took Marner!

I 100% agree about Tavares. I still can't believe how much crap the guy gets around here, none of it deserved. I mean I can understand (with the benefit of hindsight) questioning if signing him was the best move, but at the time, 99% of fans were thrilled it happened and even today, it's far from clear that we'd be better off had we not done it. He's a huge asset and some people are acting as if the guy can't even skate anymore, just ridiculous.
The winter soldier had crouse ranked above marner in his pre draft rankings.

Reactions: LeafChief

James Blackley

Nov 7, 2021
Now that game felt like a playoff game! Was it me or was the crowd more rowdy than usual? The big guns stepped up (JT, Mattews, Marner), Campbell stood on his head etc... The leafs really need to learn to stop turtling though when they have a big lead, sitting back like that will get you creamed in the playoffs, they need to learn this valuable lesson if they hope to take the next step.

James Blackley

Nov 7, 2021

I still think the JT signing wasn't the best one, you just don't shell out $11 million to second line players, and quite frankly, I will never understand why he was named "captain", I just don't see it in him, but that's just me. Having said that, I think he's a solid and very saavy player, thinks the game really well, and when he is motivated, he's one of the best in the league at winning down low puck battles.

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
I still think the JT signing wasn't the best one, you just don't shell out $11 million to second line players, and quite frankly, I will never understand why he was named "captain", I just don't see it in him, but that's just me. Having said that, I think he's a solid and very saavy player, thinks the game really well, and when he is motivated, he's one of the best in the league at winning down low puck battles.

Referring to JT as a "second line player" is just wrong.

Reactions: Mad hatter

Polaris1010

Mar 23, 2017
grandma's cellar
- the team looked worn down by the end of the game and seemed to be barely hanging on, unfortunately I can imagine this team folding in the playoffs again

This team, it looks like a team again.

Everyone actually knows their roles.

When they fired Babcock, it really did not seem like that. The players did what they wanted. The players assigned their own roles and line mates, regardless if they were suited for that.

Right now, everyone knows their roles, because they don't got a choice. Only two lines scoring consistently, while the rest of the team is very consistent too in putting up no points.

This Leafs team will make the playoffs, but they will not be easy to beat, if they play like this and management or coach do not screw things up.

The way to beat the Leafs, the current version, is to match lines with the Matthews line going head to head with the opposing top line, and the second line against the opposing checking line.

The opposing coach knows that the run and gun tendencies of the Matthews line will wash out going head to head with their top scoring line, while the opposing coach knows that the checking line could check the Leafs second line into the ice. That would be the formula to beat the Leafs.

How the Leafs can beat that, is for one of the top four players to go superhuman and carry the team on his back.

Anyways, I kind of agree with what you are saying. It is a decent team again, but it could use a few more pieces, especially forwards.

yubbers

Grown Menzez
May 1, 2013
Pretty hard to complain about that one. Just a great effort overall from everyone involved.

More of this please.

BTP

Apr 28, 2013
Need to be better in the 3rd. Cant get outshot like that.

yubbers

Grown Menzez
May 1, 2013

They didn't look great. The defense in particular. They don't do a good job of holding the zone at all.

Reactions: Bluelines

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad