Post-Game Talk: Big Apple Seider

3 Stars

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

noncents

Feb 25, 2022
really curious to see whether Kreider will present a more consistent engagement level in the postseason - hitting to hurt, crashing the net fearlessly (less the fear for the goalie, not himself), etc.

LOFIN

Sep 16, 2011
I don't think CK has been horrible overall. He has been pretty great at some things and bad at others. Every team in the league would want CK. Id like to see a more consistent effort by CK but also realize he is getting older so I take the good with the bad.

Lavi and his staff have done a great job. I agree with you.
Kreider is equally dragged down by Zibs I guess.

• Haha
Reactions: NickyFotiu

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
Mika has certainly had a down year. He may only touch 70 pts after 90 last year. That’s a down year. But down years do happen. He still does so many other things for this team. And I still think they played almost all year without a real right wing. But that’s still at worst second line production and with the Panarin line giving us true first line production in fact more goals than any line in the league I don’t see the issue considering what Mika and Kreider bring to the special teams which the NYR are one of only two teams in the top five of both PK and PP

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
Quick now has 18 wins which I believe is the most by a NYR backup since Cam Talbot's 21 in Henrik's injury season.

Trocheck has tied his career high in points with 75

Kreider quietly has had the most assists in any season if his so far by a wide margin.

At some point I'd be interested in a poll- whether this or 19-20 is considered the more impressive season for Panarin.

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL
Quick now has 18 wins which I believe is the most by a NYR backup since Cam Talbot's 21 in Henrik's injury season.

Trocheck has tied his career high in points with 75

Kreider quietly has had the most assists in any season if his so far by a wide margin.

At some point I'd be interested in a poll- whether this or 19-20 is considered the more impressive season for Panarin.

Is there another team even vying for the Jennings at this point beyond the Rangers? Maybe the Bruins?

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
Man wouldn’t it be something to have Goodrow playing well and scoring going into the playoffs? I had him written off in terms of provided offense but if that 4th line can tilt the ice and provide some offense, look out…

He would certainly bring a different element. That guy earns his money come April always has

McRanger92

Jun 7, 2017
Calling Mika and Kreider horrible this year is such hyperbole. Both guys production might be “down” (definitely not in Kreider’s case) but the team is winning more and playing as consistent as they have since the 2022 playoffs. Both guys have had stretches where they’ve been brutal, especially Mika, but they’ve shown up in the big moments all year.

Man wouldn’t it be something to have Goodrow playing well and scoring going into the playoffs? I had him written off in terms of provided offense but if that 4th line can tilt the ice and provide some offense, look out…

The move to the wing is a subtle but smart one. They add speed up the middle and more size in the bottom 6 wings. I think Rempe will play games early in any series, especially at home to set the tone physically. After that you throw Brodzinski’s speed in against a bruised defense.

KirkAlbuquerque

#WeNeverGetAGoodCoach
Mar 12, 2014
New York
Because the 1st and 2d lines were complete, complete no-shows and Quick was good but not great. And that's how you know the Rangers are a goddamn good team because they won on the strength and production of their 3d and 4th lines. That type of depth is what gives you a higher chance of winning the Cup.
It also shows how trash the Wings are . We should have let them win so they can make playoffs.

Black Tank

Dec 12, 2006
a NYer in England
It would be so awesome if we could turn out the lights on the Flyers and the Islanders. And the Devils and Penguins miss? I lived through the Cup in 94. I can't say I might not enjoy all that misery more than I enjoyed winning it all.
We've already humiliated and ended the devils season after all their offseason and preseason Cup predictions and their endless in-season copium laced excuses.

At least the isles know they suck but let's finish their hope even if it feels like we're lucy-ing them into trying to kick the PO football.

And the flyers? As always f*** the flyers.

It's been a great season but it feels even more special watching those losers embarrass themselves. While we're at it, let's have pittsburgh get WC2 and crush those crybabies again while Trouba headhunts crosby all game long. Troubs has got to earn his money somehow.

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010
Both bottom lines looked very good yesterday.

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010
I really can't get past the fact that Kreider and Zibanejad have been horrible this season.
I don’t know if you realize how stupid your hyperbole sounds when there’re over 60 goals on the season between the two.

LOFIN

Sep 16, 2011
I don’t know if you realize how stupid your hyperbole sounds when there’re over 60 goals on the season between the two.
Even strength, they have 30 goals. Lafreniere has 24. Suck on that one.

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
Is there another team even vying for the Jennings at this point beyond the Rangers? Maybe the Bruins?
Unfortunately the Jets or Panthers will win the Jennings

Even strength, they have 30 goals. Lafreniere has 24. Suck on that one.
Power play contributions do matter, though, insofar as replacing either Kreider or Zib would result in a reduction in said PP's efficiency.

But if the point is that the Zib-Kreider pair have been poor at even strength alone, I think that's a fair appraisal, and one of the biggest sports of underperformance on our roster going into a very important postseason.

Panarin, Laf, Trocheck stonks are high. Zib, Kreider, Roslovic are a big ???

hardnosed

Feb 27, 2017
When are the coaches going to yeah Trouba not to pinch or go down on a knee to block shots because your recovery is the beer league level
When he took that 3rd period penalty, nobody could figure why that happened. But MSG gave us a quick replay from behind the net. You can see Trouba start to put his right knee down. The guy saw this and faked the shot and went right around. Trouba's only option was to swing his stick at the guy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad