3 Stars

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

gump116

Sponsor
Feb 24, 2009
New York
We had our backup goalie in and our top 6 seemingly slept walked the entire evening. And we still beat a team on the cusp of making the playoffs.

The Red Wings would be a really comfy matchup for us.
Think you could remove the top line, top pair, and number 1 goalie from the Rangers and they still might be the better team.

Kreider-Zib-Ros
Cuylle-Wennberg-Kakko
Goodrow-Brod-Vesey
Rempe-Edstrom-Pitlick

Miller-Trouba
Gus-Schneider
Jones-Ruhwedel

Quick
Domingue

Reactions: HolyHagelin

CasusBelli

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 6, 2017
Take it down a notch man
1712408851662.gif

• Haha
Reactions: NYR94

McRanger92

Jun 7, 2017
He does. But he’s one of the few coaches out there who I think is a pretty stand up guy. Not bitching after every play. Seems like a big picture guy a team can (eventually) win with.

He learned from Cooper who I respect. Fun fact: Cooper briefly dated a friend of my parents in the early 90s. He was the man apparently.

NickyFotiu

NYR 2024 Cup Champs!
Sep 29, 2011
We talk a lot about even strength goals but as we should but we have a real asset in Chris Kreider. He really is tough both on the PP and shorthanded. He really refined himself in front of the other teams net. Never would have guessed his game would be 3-5 feet in front of the net when he came up with all that speed.

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
I just voted for Barclay Goodrow for player of the game. I feel dirty.

Yeah doing this and actually meaning it is not something I thought I'd be doing at all this year.

Was going to vote for the entire line but thought Cuylle deserved some love. Got the nod over Vesey for me.

Lavi also needs to just leave the Cuylle-Wennberg-Kakko line alone. They should really be the "checking" line.

NickyFotiu

NYR 2024 Cup Champs!
Sep 29, 2011
I really can't get past the fact that Kreider and Zibanejad have been horrible this season. And we are leading the Presidents Trophy race.

A lot of us disagree with some of his roster and lineup decisions, but man oh man. He's a pretty damn good coach.
I don't think CK has been horrible overall. He has been pretty great at some things and bad at others. Every team in the league would want CK. Id like to see a more consistent effort by CK but also realize he is getting older so I take the good with the bad.

Lavi and his staff have done a great job. I agree with you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad