Bieksa does it again!

Legionnaire

Help On The Way
Jul 10, 2002
LA-LA Land
Nice punch. Bieksa has always been a hell of a fighter. Andreoff may have been stunned, but he did pop right back up so credit to him. Credit to anyone who will throw with Bieks. He has knockout power in spades.

Reactions: Chairman Maouth

Belieber

The Nuge is huge
Jun 23, 2016
vancouver
That was beautiful, so quick of him. I never want to see any athlete get hurt but I really miss the days when there were actual rivalries and emotion. I do not miss staged fighting and the worthless enforcers at all, but a little toughness is needed in this sport.

TomasHertlsRooster

Don’t say eye test when you mean points
May 14, 2012
Fremont, CA
You know, I really don't like Bieksa, but I have to show some respect to him for how he handled this. As soon as he landed his punch, he knew it was over; he didn't try to get on top of Andreoff and keep pounding, he didn't taunt him or say anything. A lot of guys in this same situation would have jumped on the opportunity to get in a few cheap shots.

member 105785

Bieksa is such a puke and a classless player. Trying to take a puck that is a milestone puck for an opposing team player at the end of the game.

How about Gretzky? Do you think Gretzky is a gutless puke? He took the Winnipeg Jets last game puck, so clearly he must be classless.

Reactions: StupidityKills

snowave

Jan 7, 2012
Idaho
While I'd prefer to see two guys throwing good punches, I'll take this in a heartbeat over two guys hugging (which is mostly what you see these days).

Reactions: Chairman Maouth
Aug 11, 2011
Am Yisrael Chai
You know, I really don't like Bieksa, but I have to show some respect to him for how he handled this. As soon as he landed his punch, he knew it was over; he didn't try to get on top of Andreoff and keep pounding, he didn't taunt him or say anything. A lot of guys in this same situation would have jumped on the opportunity to get in a few cheap shots.
This is setting the bar pretty low. Only the worst, basest d-bags would have done what you're describing.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad