GDT: bhawk cane

how many times will koochie shut the bhawks out this year?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
YearTeamCarolina SeriesOthers
19​
Boston
46.7%​
28.8%​
21​
Tampa
43.8%​
28.8%​
22​
New York
33.3%​
31.4%​

Roughly flat for New York. Boston and Tampa are still Top 10 under that criteria sans the Carolina series.

I have sympathy for the PK. A good PP that is hot can just out execute it. Boston proceeded to score on 6 of the first 14 PP attempts (42.9%) against St. Louis. Tampa had just demolished Florida's PK in the prior series to the tune of 8 for 20 (40%).

It's like Tampa had the best penalty killer in the world in Vasi, but got ran over last season in the final 2 rounds (65.6%) against the Rangers and the 2nd best PP under that criteria in Colorado.

thanks. Doesn't help that we've gone into each playoff with Mrazek, Reimer, Ned, Raanta/Kochetkov (with little NHL experience) as our goalies. Not that they played poorly, but when the other team is coming with Rask, Vasilevsky, and Shesterkin, we were behind the 8 ball already.

TheReelChuckFletcher

Former TheRillestPaulFenton; Harverd Alum
Jun 30, 2011
Raleigh and Chapel Hill, NC
Are we really winning right now by "outworking/out hustling" like we have in the past? I honestly don't think so. I mean Martinook is out there forechecking and going crazy like a man possessed but the rest of our forecheck does not look nearly as intense as it was back in 2018-19 when we had to outwork/out hustle teams to get wins and get in the playoffs. Especially looking at some of our better players, they don't particularly look like they're trying super hard out there. Not saying they're not trying but I think this team is winning more on structure, hockey IQ and skill than purely outworking other teams. I think our energy throughout the team still has a few more levels we can take it to, and will do so come playoff time.

It's actually a great sign to see just how freaking good this team truly is that they are winning this often without being at our absolute top gear. It reminds me of Tampa post-President's Trophy year, where the club was so deep that certain guys could coast some and could still get a very high playoff slot.

Reactions: Tryamw

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad