GDT: bhawk cane

how many times will koochie shut the bhawks out this year?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

AhosDatsyukian

Sep 25, 2020
1672159351273.png

bleedgreen

Dec 8, 2003
colorado
Visit site
Carolina's projected lineup for tonight's 7 p.m. EST puck drop is:

Forwards:
Teravainen - Aho - Jarvis
Svechnikov - Stastny - Necas
Martinook - Staal - Fast
Noesen - Kotkaniemi - Stepan

Defense:
Slavin - Burns
Skjei - Pesce
de Haan - Chatfield
Koko has to be pretty discouraged by his time with us so far. We gave him a lot of chances and he’s been replaced by a dude who skates as fast as many of us walk.

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
Koko has to be pretty discouraged by his time with us so far. We gave him a lot of chances and he’s been replaced by a dude who skates as fast as many of us walk.
True.

I "suspect" part of it is Rod's prefence to stick with things when winning. When Aho was out, he had Stastny between Svech and Necas and since the team has been winning, he's sticking with that. We know he's not changing Staal's line, so when Aho returned, that left KK as the odd man out.

Just makes it still obvious to me that we either need someone to step up or an upgrade there at 2C. As long as they keep winning, it's not a big deal in the regular season and doesn't need to be addressed now. Playoffs though it might be a different issue.

bleedgreen

Dec 8, 2003
colorado
Visit site
True.

I "suspect" part of it is Rod's prefence to stick with things when winning. When Aho was out, he had Stastny between Svech and Necas and since the team has been winning, he's sticking with that. We know he's not changing Staal's line, so when Aho returned, that left KK as the odd man out.

Just makes it still obvious to me that we either need someone to step up or an upgrade there at 2C. As long as they keep winning, it's not a big deal in the regular season and doesn't need to be addressed now. Playoffs though it might be a different issue.
Rods also loyal to his initial vision usually, so he needed a reason to move Koko away as he’s been loyal to the kid despite the obvious lack of production. I think the Aho injury gave him a reason to elevate Stastny and this is the trickle down effect. It’s fair in the end. Stastny is no worse at that position, and of the two of them he’s at least been a great producer in the past.

Interesting story line for the back half.

Blueline Bomber

AI Generated Minnesota Wild
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007
Just remind the team before the game that the point of the powerplay is to give them an advantage to allow an increased chance of putting the puck in the opposing net. If the puck winds up in your own net during your powerplay, let alone three times in a short time span, you're doing something wrong and should probably fix that.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad