Bettman's Health

Status
Not open for further replies.

Moobles

Mar 15, 2009
Contrary to what some board members might suggest here, I'm sure Bettman is well aware of his popularity in Canada. Giving a speech to that arena full of Montreal fans and getting greeted with a good 2 minutes of boos would set off anyone's nerves.

eliostar

May 28, 2008
Toronto
Contrary to what some board members might suggest here, I'm sure Bettman is well aware of his popularity in Canada. Giving a speech to that arena full of Montreal fans and getting greeted with a good 2 minutes of boos would set off anyone's nerves.

As long as he's popular with the owners that's all that matters.
Montreal fans sure have a lot of class. It's one thing to boo somebody when they are introduced, it's another to do it when he's trying to speak.
Especially if he is praising your organization.

Zetsyuk

Farewell Nick.
Jul 19, 2008
Windsor, ON
As long as he's popular with the owners that's all that matters.
Montreal fans sure have a lot of class. It's one thing to boo somebody when they are introduced, it's another to do it when he's trying to speak.
Especially if he is praising your organization.

Don't target Montreal fans. It happens in virtually every arena.

TheCH*

Since he has been like this ever since i can remember, its likely just benign essential tremor.

Ward Cornell

Dec 22, 2007
I would imagine the health of the NHL (or perhaps the lack of it) could be causing him some sleepless nights and very high stress and tension!

eliostar

May 28, 2008
Toronto
I would imagine the health of the NHL (or perhaps the lack of it) could be causing him some sleepless nights and very high stress and tension!

Record ratings, record revenues, record attendance and record franchise values must be really causing him such grief. :cry:
How can a league that is in such bad shape not see a lowering of the salary cap? :help:
Must be due to the Canadian teams.

Last edited:

Schenn

In Rod We Trust
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2009
Huron County
This is not an explicitly BoH topic, but I feel like it fits in best here. This was broached on in a few other threads here during the Cup presentation.

Yesterday, Bettman again appeared very shaky and his speech was sometimes slurred. It really looks like the onset of Parkinson's, god forbid. How would his health effect the running of the league?

stage fright!?! :laugh:

abev

Sep 30, 2005
NY
www.fakepuppy.com
I noticed this shake a few years ago when he was presenting the Stanley Cup to the Ducks. Maybe it's motor tourrettes? Either way it's been going on for some time now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad