Bettman to get bonus if he puts a salary cap?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lanny MacDonald*

LeafsGirl said:
i dont know where to put this but i saw on the score ticker: just a 'report' that if bettman can get a salary cap in place he can get 1 million dollar in bonuses...

The source of this is Bruce Dowbiggen. So in other words, its about as reliable as getting information from the Eklund blog.

(prepare for defensive sibling posturing from Bicycle Repairman)

NYR469

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
wouldn't surprise me...after all bettman did fire 1/2 of the people who work in the league offices (ie the average joe making $40k/year) while he continues to pull in his own 7-figure salary.

barnburner

Apr 23, 2004
Sounds like somthing Larry Brooks would come up with.

Actually, I think the correct story, was that Goodenow will get a 10 million dollar bonus if he avoids a salary cap.....

barnburner

Apr 23, 2004
NYR469 said:
wouldn't surprise me...after all bettman did fire 1/2 of the people who work in the league offices (ie the average joe making $40k/year) while he continues to pull in his own 7-figure salary.

As opposed to Goodenow who continues to draw his own 7 figure salary while the membership is unemployed.

NYR469

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
barnburner said:
As opposed to Goodenow who continues to draw his own 7 figure salary while the membership is unemployed.

wrong...bob goodenow is working for free during the lockout. he gave up his salary and is getting NOTHING

ryz

Dec 24, 2004
Canada
At this point in these negotiations 1 million is lunch money. A million dollars isn't the prime motivation for anyone at this point. Including Bettman or Goodenow.

mudcrutch79

Jul 5, 2003
The Big Smoke
www.mc79hockey.com
NYR469 said:

Of course, the average joe in NHL offices is useless to the league during a lockout. Bettman is still needed.

nyr7andcounting

Feb 24, 2004
Wether or not Bettman would get a "bonus" is not something the public would know about. But what is certain is that he will get a contract extension and will basically be able to name his price, the owners will have no choice but to bring him back.

Lanny MacDonald*

nyr7andcounting said:
Wether or not Bettman would get a "bonus" is not something the public would know about. But what is certain is that he will get a contract extension and will basically be able to name his price, the owners will have no choice but to bring him back.

Well, that's not something to worry about either. Bettman got an extension to 2007 before this whole thing began. He's pretty safe.

gerbilanium

Oct 17, 2003
I like this system, where your renumeration is tied directly to league WIDE profitability. I've heard of something like this somewhere else???

Son of Steinbrenner

Jul 9, 2003
The Iconoclast said:
Well, that's not something to worry about either. Bettman got an extension to 2007 before this whole thing began. He's pretty safe.
do u think its right that bettman is getting paid a ton of money during this lockout while the nhl is laying of employees? i know i would respect bettman more if he wasn't taking a salary during the lockout.

hockeytown9321

Jun 18, 2004
OilerFan4Life said:
BTW, for those that dont know, Doh-Boy is a Calgary based writer and well known for his pro-PA stance.

So he has no journalistic integrity or ability and thus should be ignored and ridiculed for providing an opposing viewpoint. Wow. :shakehead

Son of Steinbrenner

Jul 9, 2003
hockeytown9321 said:
So he has no journalistic integrity or ability and thus should be ignored and ridiculed for providing an opposing viewpoint. Wow. :shakehead
exactly.
any writers that supports the pa is a hack but anybody that supports the owners has journalist intergrity? :shakehead

likea

Jul 9, 2004
this should show you how much the owners feel they need a cap, to place that kind of incentive along with changing the veto to 8...

maybe the owners are losing the money they say...hmmm

Brent Burns Beard