Better Ranger - Fast or Hagelin

Better Ranger?

• Total voters

SML2

Jan 1, 2018
I said when Hagelin made the team he's the type of guy you win championships with. A weapon in a non traditional hockey sense. At his peak the speed the Rangers brought made teams have to play differently. Unfortunately the cups weren't with us. Fast was such a reliable guy though. They both have had really good careers.

Reactions: SnowblindNYR

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
Hagelin is more exciting to watch, but Fast is the more complete player.

Hagelin was part of a team that made the final, Fast's ability to slot into any line without looking out of place makes him valuable.

It's a tough one for sure. Hagelin was more fun to watch but I appreciate what Fast did more, if that makes sense

Baby Duck Homme

Still waiting to catch a puck from Fotiu...
Sep 14, 2005
Jersey City NJ
Fast was the better defensive player. Hagelin was great at retrieving the puck and driving possession.

There was a Bud Light commercial with a dog named Weego who would bring a beer anytime the owner said Here Weego. That was Hagelin. He was so quick he could beat anyone to an open puck and get it to one of our playmakers.

Other teams feared our speed up and down the lineup when we went to the cup finals and Hags was the fastest skater on the team. Was sad to see him go when we traded him.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Fast always was and is a better player but Hagelin had a bigger Rangers career, if that makes sense.

So I would rank Hagelin higher in team history.

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010
Hagelin had 4 full seasons as a Ranger, while Fast had 6 and a cup of tea and unlike Hagelin he’s been getting better with each year.

NickyFotiu

NYR 2024 Cup Champs!
Sep 29, 2011
For career its close but Hags in his prime was around a 17-20 goal pace with game breaking speed that helped open up the ice for others. This team could use another homerun speed guy like Hags or Grabner. I know CK has speed but we rarely see breakaways anymore.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad