Better Playoff Performer: Nikita Kucherov Or Patrick Kane?

Which one would you take for a playoff run at his best?

• Total voters

CokenoPepsi

Oct 28, 2016
It's gotta be Kane.

Kuch good obviously but little disappointing in the non COVID years and he has had the far superior teammates

clydesdale line

Connor BeJesus
Jan 10, 2012
Kane did it in a low scoring era (not to mention has had amazing centers like Michal Handzus, Brad Richards' corpse, etc. centering him.

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
Scoring is different now than when Kane was in his prime (and he's still a 90 point player in today's league).

For perspective, Kane tore the NHL a new one in his 2015/16 season. It was his most dominant offensive season of his career and he still only put up 106 points. He'd bea 120+ point player if he was in his twenties right now. Don't let scoring differentials between eras fool you.

psycat

Oct 25, 2016
It's gotta be Kane.

Kuch good obviously but little disappointing in the non COVID years and he has had the far superior teammates

Has he really though? Hedman and Keith are close as are Toews and Point and I can't see Stamkos being that much more impressive in the playoffs then someone like Sharp.

Anyway answer is Kucherov due to concistency but Kane is up there aswell.

Scoring is different now than when Kane was in his prime (and he's still a 90 point player in today's league).

For perspective, Kane tore the NHL a new one in his 2015/16 season. It was his most dominant offensive season of his career and he still only put up 106 points. He'd bea 120+ point player if he was in his twenties right now. Don't let scoring differentials between eras fool you.

We are talking about playoffs here so what does that have with anything to do?

CokenoPepsi

Oct 28, 2016
Has he really though? Hedman and Keith are close as are Toews and Point and I can't see Stamkos being that much more impressive in the playoffs then someone like Sharp.

Anyway answer is Kucherov due to concistency but Kane is up there aswell.

We are talking about playoffs here so what does that have with anything to do?

Yes, he has... remember Kuch pretty much exclusively plays with guys like Stamkos and Point.

But Kane played with guys like Michael Handzus and post buy out Brad Richards

GIN ANTONIC

Aug 19, 2007
Toronto, ON
Didn’t happen in the NHL playoffs but Kane also notched assists on the 2 goals that team USA scored in the gold medal game in the 2010 olympics. To say the dude comes up big when the spotlight is on him is an understatement.

psycat

Oct 25, 2016
Yes, he has... remember Kuch pretty much exclusively plays with guys like Stamkos and Point.

But Kane played with guys like Michael Handzus and post buy out Brad Richards

Not sure he did play with those in his earlier years and he still performed well. Anyway he also performed better than Kane and more frequently and the gap is likely to increase, let's say without pro-rating they are fairly close at their better runs(even accounting for team mates) but Kane is below ppg in playoffs while Kucherov stepped up even before he wen't superstar.

In time I suspect it won't be close at all, right now it's kinda close but clearly Kucherov for me. I really like Kane as a player mind you and think he peaked as high as anybody currently in the league but Kucherov is simply a special playoff performer in a fortunate situation but can't really punish him for that, if Crosby played on a shit team he might not be close to top 20 of all time for example.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad