Better passer: McDavid or Rantanen

Better Passer

• Connor McDavid

• Mikko Rantanen

Results are only viewable after voting.

Ctrain2k

Dec 3, 2016
McDavid almost has more assists in the last 3 years than Rantanen has career points. 158-167

Reactions: snipes

1OApick

Jun 29, 2016
McDavid almost has more assists in the last 3 years than Rantanen has career points. 158-167
And Rantanen having 1 assist less than McDavid having points this season? This is fairly close I cannot vote.

Reactions: Zamuz

thomast

Oct 23, 2009
McDavid is way better off the rush passer even when Rantanen is good. Rantanen more about finding patiently passing lanes to set up goals. He is really good at tic tac toe plays too reading the game few step ahead everyone else.

McDavid plays much higher tempo and is more dynamic playmaker. I think Rantanen is better at running power play to make plays and on cycle game. Answer is McDavid by fair margin. I believe Rantanen is one of the top 5 playmakers right now if not top 3.

Eltuna

Nov 12, 2017
The second best F passer in the league is Marner
To me, Marner is more creative but he doesn’t have the vision of Rantanen (but he’s pretty close). Those things might sound like the same but there is a difference. Marner makes plays that other players don’t think of due to his creativity, where Rantanen makes plays that everybody else makes, he just makes them quicker due to his ability to see what is going to happen next. Pure passing ability disregarding ingame senarios would be interesting, like a skills competition where you need to saucer passes over obstacles might go either way.

Reactions: koyvoo

POVERTY

Leafs and Marchand fan
Sep 27, 2017
Rantanen is simply a better player than McDavid. Best player on the planet.

Reactions: Elvs

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Oct 23, 2014
I think there's a distinction between playmaker and passer. McDavid is by far the best playmaker in the game due to the speed and puck carrying ability combined with the vision and passing ability.

ijuka

May 14, 2016
McDavid is the best passer in the league, by far. He's not choosing to pass as much as he has in the past - Likely because his teammates haven't been doing a good job of finishing plays. But he can pass like no one else.

BlueBaron

May 29, 2006
Sarnia, On
Heh, well one can do things no one else can at a speed no one else can reach. The other guy is pretty good but overrated by Team Finland.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad