Better Hockey Player - Marner or Rantanen

Who Would You Rather?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

avsfan9

Jul 28, 2011
I love Marner and I think he’s one of the more skilled players in the game but I like what Rants brings to our team so much more. He does a lot of work in the corners and a lot of teams/ players have no answer to get him off the puck.

Reactions: MacBradley

CB Joe

Oct 12, 2008
Rantanen, but it's close. Marner was a dud in this seasons playoffs, while Rantanen led the Avs in playoff scoring. On top of that Rantanen is still filing out his 6'4" frame.

Stamkos4life

Oct 25, 2018
Very close. Probably a bit biased but I think marner is better.

Rants has turned into a much better player than I thought he would. Might have something to so with playing on a very skilled line but you cant ignore what miko brings

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
I've said since they were drafted -- when certain leafs fans were still arguing that Nylander > Rantanen -- that it was Mikko & Mitch who were comparable talents and deciding between those two came down to personal preference...with Mikko getting my vote because I have a soft spot for those giant playmakers like Jagr or Jumbo.

That said; Marner has hit the highest peak of the two (thus far), so I gave him my vote this time around.

Chicken Souvlaki

Sep 26, 2019
Rantanen is a couple tiers higher than Marner. Comparing an elite player with a complementary player in this poll.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad