Better Hand Eye Coordination: Laine or Matthews?

Status
Not open for further replies.

AvroArrow

Fire Keefe
Jun 10, 2011
Toronto
Who wraps their stick better Matthews vs Laine

What the hell is up what all these threads, hand eye coordination ? really ?

CanadienShark

Dec 18, 2012
Matthews, but Laine is no slouch. Matthews isn't the best in the league though. He's definitely behind Crosby and probably behind Pavelski.

TDK67

Apr 17, 2016
7 of them so there's actually 10 unbiased voters voting for Matthews

So unbiased vote favours Laine, 15 to 10 for Laine.

I don't think you know what that word means.

And the polls section had gotten so much better without you making the daily Laine vs Matthews threads and then complaining about vote totals. But alas, all good things must come to an end :(

MapleLeafs9

Sep 22, 2011
After doing all the mathematical calculations using angles and geometry, it is indeed Matthews that has better hand eye coordination.

TDK67

Apr 17, 2016
Let's just say you're not one of the league leaders in takeaways if you don't have amazing hand-eye coordination. Ditto for being 2nd in total goals scored while relying on hand-eye coordination for getting mostly "garbage goals".

Narow

Nov 11, 2016
Seen both pick up passes midair. Seen laine flip the puck over a defender and calmly collect it midair in one motion. Seen matthews one hand deflect an incoming shot into the goal. Seen laine receive passes midair likes its nothing even in full stride.

I dont know if one is superior to the other in this category both are beasts. Seen laine do things like that more tho but i obviously have seen him more too. To be honest how do you even establish a difference at their level?

Legion34

Jan 24, 2006
Seen both pick up passes midair. Seen laine flip the puck over a defender and calmly collect it midair in one motion. Seen matthews one hand deflect an incoming shot into the goal. Seen laine receive passes midair likes its nothing even in full stride.

I dont know if one is superior to the other in this category both are beasts. Seen laine do things like that more tho but i obviously have seen him more too. To be honest how do you even establish a difference at their level?

Personal bias mostly.

StatisticsAddict99

Feb 24, 2017

This is actually very true, I should had thought about that. The biggest reason I made the thread is due to the fact a TSN reporter(Darren Dreger) said Matthews has the best Eye-Hand and I thought personally Laine had a better Eye-Hand coordination(as I also hear a couple of times from other posters that they believe Laine has the best Eye-Hand, I still think Crosby has the best Eye hand though).

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
What I want to know is who has better hair? I'm leaning toward Matthews. Short term, Laine has the blonde flow, but his hairline is receding. Matthews' hair is pretty boring, but it's a full head of hair and will outlast Laine.

Legion34

Jan 24, 2006
This is actually very true, I should had thought about that. The biggest reason I made the thread is due to the fact a TSN reporter(Darren Dreger) said Matthews has the best Eye-Hand and I thought personally Laine had a better Eye-Hand coordination(as I also hear a couple of times from other posters that they believe Laine has the best Eye-Hand, I still think Crosby has the best Eye hand though).

Oh no. A person on the radio thought Matthews might be good at something. Better make a poll about it.

Like come on

Dustin

Sep 24, 2014
Why are we comparing these 2 players? The Calder is done. There is little to no reason to compare them as they play very different games. Whatever rivalry you think exists, it doesn't from this Leaf fans perspective and most if not all Leaf fans I speak to.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad