Better Hand Eye Coordination: Laine or Matthews?

Status
Not open for further replies.

StatisticsAddict99

Feb 24, 2017
This is not a who's better all in total thread it's a who's better of two upper-echelon players when it comes to Eye-Hand Coordination Skill. So who has better Eye Hand Coordination?

Ps thanks for reading and please leave some highlights of you can.

Last edited:

Plural

Mar 10, 2011
Oh good lord can we stop with this insane comparing of these two?

StatisticsAddict99

Feb 24, 2017
Oh good lord can we stop with this insane comparing of these two?

Can we not have one Laine and Matthews Poll without a complaint, we all know they're both amazing. I just wanna know who everyone thinks has better Eye-Hand Coordination.

Legion34

Jan 24, 2006
Matthews, but he's behind Crosby and Pavelski.

I would have said Crosby too. Don't see enough of pavelski.

But as far as OP. Like can you just let it go.

Laine is a star talent playing on a loaded line. He should score a bunch this year. There is no Calder trophy. No direct competition. Stop with the comparisons.

McNuge

Dec 17, 2010
Cambridge Ontario
I think Matthews biggest strength is his hand eye. His bread and butter is tapping in those garbage goals. Laine also has pretty damn good hand eye, you would have to to shoot the puck like he does. Really could be a toss up depending on which type of goals you think is harder to score.

Kamiccolo

Truly wonderful, the mind of a child is.
Aug 30, 2011
Undisclosed research facility
I doubt there are any people here who have seen enough of both player to actually offer an answer. I can pull up 5 or 6 insane examples from Matthews, and he is without a doubt one of the best I have ever seen at it, but someone else could pull up the same and think the same about Laine.

Even if they had an equal amount of clips, certain preferences would interfere. Some would think different clips are more impressive than other users. So with all that said, this is impossible to answer, and is also possible Dreger is not wrong, as it is an opinion based question.

Kamiccolo

Truly wonderful, the mind of a child is.
Aug 30, 2011
Undisclosed research facility
As always, the correct answer is Eichel but I always vote as Leafs fan for Laine.

We are all entitled to our opinions, but watching both, I just don't understand who someone can come away thinking Eichel is the better player. He has a few flashy plays a game, but Matthews is just better in so many ways. Matthews already has a highlight reel equal or better than Eichel.

My opinion was re-affirmed after watching the Buffalo games as well.

Mats13

Apr 22, 2015
Matthews grew up a baseball star. Anyone voting Laine is objectively wrong.

The Thin White Duke

Aug 11, 2009
Laine is better at taking bad passes in full stride, Matthews is better in close quarters around the net and ok the boards.

The one handed tip against the Ducks last year would look like a complete fluke if it was anyone else (save Crosby maybe) doing it.

Advanced stats

May 26, 2010
Absolutely Matthews. He bats pucks out of the air for breakfast. I've never seen someone take so many pucks out of the air. It's fascinating.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad