Better Career Kotkaniemi Vs Caufield

Better Career

• Total voters

The Moose is Loose

Jun 28, 2017
St.Louis
Both going to be top 6er, Coles going to be scoring 40 a year and KK will likely top.out as a 60 pts C with amazing two way play, probably under the radar a bit.
What’s so amazing about KKs 2-way play? Seems like that narrative is being inflated to combat his lack of production. Also no Montreal center is ever going to go under the radar, the fan base is simply too large.

And 40 goals for Caufield next year? That’s quite the prediction, I like it. Would you consider a bet around that?

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
What’s so amazing about KKs 2-way play? Seems like that narrative is being inflated to combat his lack of production. Also no Montreal center is ever going to go under the radar, the fan base is simply too large.

And 40 goals for Caufield next year? That’s quite the prediction, I like it. Would you consider a bet around that?
I didnt say next year but honestly i wouldnt even be surprised. Kids special.

Kotkaniemi is probably the best "ice-tilter" the Habs have right now, hes a corsi queen. His GF/GA when not playing with absolute pylons is the best on the team and hes been drawing top matchups for a while now (Which is why hes not getting offensive wingers, sadly.)

Hes also been very bad the last few games if Im honest though

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world

Also, have you ever heard of Tomas Plekanec? Pretty much one of the best defensive C in the league over his career.

Never got the recognition for the player he was.
Andrei Markov is another.

The media chose who they want to hype, a lot of the time they leave out the lowkey individuals like those two.

IceNeophyte

Nov 14, 2017
Caufield is the sexy new kid in town, but I think Kotka's size and physicality are going to make him relevant for a long, successful career. Therefore, I voted Jesperi.

OKR

Nov 18, 2015

Koivu and Plekanec for sure were under the radar.

Namikaze Minato

Apr 30, 2009
Beautiful B.C.
This should be Caufield pretty easily. The habs kind of ruined Kotka for his early career. Still think he has the chance of becoming a really good top 6, 2 way centerman but they stunted his potential for sure. Caufield should slot into a really high end role where he only has to worry about offence and he has the potential to blow up if everything works out.

Karl Eriksson

Boring!
Apr 12, 2007
Ottawa
Hey, Kk had a better first year at 18 than Kuznetsov, but hey he is a bust cause "I have no logical thoughts and my profile pic is Wilson"

Dont have to talk and we know your take already, pathetic.

A quick scan of HF Habs shows me that there is a pretty big contingent of Habs fans that are very worried about his development trajectory.

Mats13

Apr 22, 2015
Both going to be top 6er, Coles going to be scoring 40 a year and KK will likely top.out as a 60 pts C with amazing two way play, probably under the radar a bit.

Lmao do you know how many players score 40 a year?

There’s like only 4 locks currently in the league - Matthews, Ovechkin, Draisatl, Pastrnak

You got some really realistic expectations

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto
Do ot goals not count?
No but you can’t depend on 66% of you production off it. Maybe he becomes noticeable at 5v5 with further development but he wasn’t particularly noticeable vs the Leafs at 5v5. To think he’s a 40 goal lock is not realistic. It could happen but he’s a long way from getting there.

Reactions: Mats13

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad