Better Career Kotkaniemi Vs Caufield

Better Career

• Total voters
Apr 14, 2009
Canada
I'll go with Caufield, I think he has more star potential. Both will be regular NHLers for a while, I like both players.

KevSkillz4

Apr 11, 2016
Kotkaniemi, he got all tools to be a dominant C in this league. Caufield is going to be a great player too, 30 goal and 60 points per season are realistic for him. Kotkaniemi is more complete player.

CatchyTune

JOHN TAVARES IS A MAPLE LEAF
Jan 8, 2016
Ontario
Caufield has the higher potential but Kotka has way less bust potential. I'd go Kotka for now.
yeah pretty much what i was gonna say. Kotkaniemi is the safer pick to be a better player long term. already showing it at 19/20. Caufield is a big boom or bust guy. either gonna be really good, or completely bust.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
Both going to be top 6er, Coles going to be scoring 40 a year and KK will likely top.out as a 60 pts C with amazing two way play, probably under the radar a bit.

Reactions: HabbyGuy

TheKrebsCycle

Throwing Confetti for Perfetti
Jun 1, 2011
Barrie
I'd go w Caufield given there is far less defensive responsibility w the wing position and he should be in advantageous spot to pile up goals as their defacto trigger man.

Rude Dog

Dec 22, 2008
Both going to be top 6er, Coles going to be scoring 40 a year and KK will likely top.out as a 60 pts C with amazing two way play, probably under the radar a bit.

Will be scoring 40? Thats pretty confident. Habs have a terrible track record devoping and rushing players. Looks like they are following the same script with Caulfield. KK should have been in finland or Laval last year. Thing i like about Caulfield is the way he puts to himself into position to score. I think he has a chance.

Reactions: Gravity

Holymakinaw

May 22, 2007
Toronto
I doubt either one will amount to that much, to be honest.

I guess I'll go with Kotkaniemi, who could end up a 20 goal/50 point guy.

East Coast Icestyle

Mar 6, 2015
Nova Scotia, Canada
Every time I see KK I feel like he should have better stats than he does. Think he might actually turn into a more complete 2-way type just based off of his stick skills for some reason.

I think Caufield could probably coast to at least a Michael Ryder type career with his legs and shot, with peaks depending on teammates. But I've only seen maybe 5-6 games of him in 2 years or so.

Hope they both shock me and KK I'd a Malkin lite and Caufield becomes the next big scorer. It'd be cool to see a lot of top young Canadian teams.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
Every time I see KK I feel like he should have better stats than he does. Think he might actually turn into a more complete 2-way type just based off of his stick skills for some reason.

I think Caufield could probably coast to at least a Michael Ryder type career with his legs and shot, with peaks depending on teammates. But I've only seen maybe 5-6 games of him in 2 years or so.

Hope they both shock me and KK I'd a Malkin lite and Caufield becomes the next big scorer. It'd be cool to see a lot of top young Canadian teams.
Yeah, as someone that watches Kotkaniemi every game, its insane the amount of chances he sets up for his linemates. One day it might actually start to go in. I guess its a fonction of being a playmaker on a team with poor finishers.

TS Quint

GET THESE ADS OUT OF MY WAY!
Sep 8, 2012
I think Caufield will be a top line wing, Kotka will be a poor 2C/great 3C.

picked Caufield.

The Moose is Loose

Jun 28, 2017
St.Louis
Caufield would be my pick with the hope he can turn in a Debrincat style goalscorer. He has a lot more risk/some bust potential but the upside is obvious.

From what I’ve watched of Kotkaniemi I don’t really see that elite player upside. He is still really young so things could change but right now I don’t perceive him to be the solution to Montreal’s lack of a 1C problem. That said he is also a lot safer than Caufield, you know at minimum he can be a middle 6 center.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad