• free

Votes: 6 23.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002
You're off your rocker.

Both kids, WAY more annoying than people claim Sklyar was on BB. They are just fast forward on virtually any scene they are in.

Never bought Melfi/Tony having any chemistry even back then and now it's even more of a "why??"

Just to start.

ucanthanzalthetruth

#CatsAreCooked
Jul 13, 2013
This, even if hes doing it for himself as much as Kim, do your 7 years and come back into the world and do good. Yeah you freed yourself from Saul and won Kims respect back but no way by year 10 you arent regretting your choice lol
Gilligan/Gould like the antihero being redeemed while getting what they deserve. Walt got revenge at the cost of his life, Jimmy got himself back/Kim at the cost of his freedom. Like I said, ending was ok for me. If they didn't bring up the 7.5 years (like he just confessed on his own) and there was no bus scene (I get what they were trying to do, showing Saul would be ok in prison, but it was a literal shitpost lmao) it would be higher for me.

That all said I have no idea how this episode has a 9.8 on imdb? Even if you liked the episode, anyone feel it's in the top 3 of the series? Doubt it.

shadow1

Nov 29, 2008
Gilligan/Gould like the antihero being redeemed while getting what they deserve. Walt got revenge at the cost of his life, Jimmy got himself back/Kim at the cost of his freedom. Like I said, ending was ok for me. If they didn't bring up the 7.5 years (like he just confessed on his own) and there was no bus scene (I get what they were trying to do, showing Saul would be ok in prison, but it was a literal shitpost lmao) it would be higher for me.

That all said I have no idea how this episode has a 9.8 on imdb? Even if you liked the episode, anyone feel it's in the top 3 of the series? Doubt it.

I do, I thought it was the best episode of the series.

The fans in this thread seemed mixed on the finale, but on other websites (i.e. Reddit and Youtube) it's had unanimous praise.

shadow1

Nov 29, 2008

IMG_3164.JPG

Lshap

Hardline Moderate
Jun 6, 2011
Montreal
Finally! Finished the Big BCS Binge yesterday.

Great show, but not close to Breaking Bad's level of tension, creativity, and character development. Walter White is one of my all-time favourite characters; Jimmy/Saul/Gene never became more than a really good passenger. I watched BCS primarily for Mike and Nacho. Mike was a haunted, compromised hero. Nacho was trying to free himself from an impossible trap. Loved those two guys. Lalo was a fantastic bad-guy. Loved watching his eventual fate unfold.

For me, everything orbited around those three guys, including Jimmy & Kim. Nacho was motivated by desperation and fear; Mike was motivated by guilt, grief, a need to protect his surviving family; Lalo was motivated by hate and... whatever motivates a psychopath. They couldn't walk away from those things, and that tension made the story move.

On the other hand, Jimmy and Kim had every opportunity to walk away and live comfy, healthy lives. Instead, they volunteered again and again to get themselves in trouble. For what? Money. Fun. Meh...

I loved the show because the stories and acting were so good, not because I cared about the fates of Jimmy or Kim.

Most of you won't agree, but I found Walter White more sympathetic than Jimmy. Yeah, Walter became a violent sociopathic drug lord, but his path began out of desperation and being hopelessly out of his depth when entering the drug world. He became a smarter psychopath in order to survive, then gradually embraced the role. In the end, despite the huge moral conflicts, he still saved Jessie and provided for his family. An amazing blend of evil, good, pride, regret, and intellect.

Jimmy had a good side, but his bad side was flipped on too arbitrarily for my taste... like he was contractually obligated to be an asshole to keep the show moving. Deciding to be bad isn't interesting to me. What's interesting is when you have no choice to be bad.

Reactions: chicagoskycam

Magic Man

Mar 30, 2012
Your Worst Nightmare
Better Call Saul and Animal Kingdom came out at a similar time, each 13 episodes long. I binged them back to back. What a way to end both series. Sometimes shows lose their shine after awhile, but they killed it with the way they ended them. Quality TV.

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002
I understand why people feel bad for him. Sure, hes a little cocky (given his circumstances, not surprising) but he means well. He tried to get Jimmy a job with HHM, he was always nice to him and when it came time to pay Chuck out he even used his own personal funds to speed up the process.

Also gave Kim her start at HHM.

Of all the deaths of main characters, where does his rank on the 'tragic' scale? Obviously, the kid Todd shot in BB was the most tragic, but he wasn't a character, just like the passengers on the plane that crashed in BB.

But for the BB/BCS characters, Todd shooting Andrea is up there. Jesse shooting Gale in the face is up there. Walt letting Jane OD, Hank and Gomez, of course.

Who else is up there?

shadow1

Nov 29, 2008
Also gave Kim her start at HHM.

Of all the deaths of main characters, where does his rank on the 'tragic' scale? Obviously, the kid Todd shot in BB was the most tragic, but he wasn't a character, just like the passengers on the plane that crashed in BB.

But for the BB/BCS characters, Todd shooting Andrea is up there. Jesse shooting Gale in the face is up there. Walt letting Jane OD, Hank and Gomez, of course.

Who else is up there?

For me personally, it's #1.

Though Howard was somewhat douchebag at times, he was a good person overall. After hitting rock bottom following Chuck's death, he went through a lot of person growth to process the grief and tried to do right by Jimmy. His reward was having his reputation ruined by Jimmy and Kim, who did it for nothing more than spite. Then he dies by walking into the wrong room, not realizing the level of grime those two were involved in.

You mentioned other deaths that were tragic, but - while shocking - those didn't hit as hard for me because many of those were smaller characters that we didn't live with for several years worth of episodes.

The exception was Hank, which was a huge gut punch and barely loses out to Howard for the #1 spot. Hank was different than Howard because he was more of a main character who we spent a lot of solo time with, seeing things through his eyes. However, Hank was also more of a flawed person than Howard, and unlike Howard he was in the game. (I also find his death scene to be a little melodramatic compared to Howard's).

Reactions: Voight

Petey But Really Jim

I lejdjejejejejjejejjdjdjjdjdjdndndnnddndhdjdjdndd
Sponsor
May 3, 2021
I don’t think Jimmy McGill is a bad person. I think he was just hurt, and leaned in accordingly. I think the guilty as sin criminal getting his just desserts yet the person behind the criminal getting his personal redemption(at least as much as it was) is a very beautiful ending.

Neutrinos

Sep 23, 2016
Just finished the 2nd episode of the final season

I don't remember why Kim's going after her former boss, but her scheme with Jimmy feels like a side quest withiin the show, and the main story line is what's taking place with Nacho down in Mexico

zombie kopitar

custom title
Jul 3, 2009
Best Coast
Just finished it, I think they fumbled the ending right at the goal line personally. Too much didn't really flow and/or add up in the finale, and a nice touching scene of a lit cigarette doesn't make up for it imo.
Was anyone else yelling at the TV when he was sitting in the dumpster with an open box of diamonds. He never struck me as stupid, but boy was that stupid.
like this. why would he even go bail the dude out to begin with. No one would have lost that deal for a clear conscience, least of all Saul

I saw a sentiment say that the penultimate episode would have been a better finale, with him running away from the tripped Life Alert, and I 1000% agree

I think end of the day it was jusr over written

Rhea Seehorn was a gem though this whole series, she was the biggest individual Emmy robbery imo. But really the cast was just amazing as a whole, and the cartel story became the A story any time it was a Lalo and/or Varga episode

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
Just finished the 2nd episode of the final season

I don't remember why Kim's going after her former boss, but her scheme with Jimmy feels like a side quest withiin the show, and the main story line is what's taking place with Nacho down in Mexico

I think just for the thrill of it (remember early on when she conned a few people with Jimmy at that hotel, she seemed to enjoy it) and shes probably still pissed at him for the doc review punishment. Plus at this point Jimmy still thinks Howard wronged him multiple times and she likely want to help her partner.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad