Votes: 16 61.5%
  • free

Votes: 6 23.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

LightningStrikes

Champa Bay Lightning
Nov 24, 2009
Are there any series in the style of BCS or BB? We recently finished our rewatch of BCS in preparation for the new season. Now nothing else really satisfies us... thanks.

kihei

McEnroe: The older I get, the better I used to be.
Jun 14, 2006
Toronto
Saw the first two episodes of the new season last night. i'm definitely hooked.

Say Hey Kid

War, children, it’s just a shot away
Dec 10, 2007
Bathory, GA
Even when shows such as The Americans and Fargo were on, this was always one of the best, if not the best, shows on tv.

ucanthanzalthetruth

#CatsAreCooked
Jul 13, 2013
I enjoyed the premiere, I wonder if
we see Gene meet his demise in trying to handle Jeff the Cab driver. I hope we see more of Gene and not just once more at next season's premiere

ProstheticConscience

Check dein Limit
Apr 30, 2010
Canuck Nation
It's kinda funny how Saul himself is turning out to be the least interesting character on the show. You know how he ends up. I'm enjoying Mike and Nacho's trip to the dark side of Gus more than Jimmy's arc. And the real tension is Kim. She actually wants to be a legit lawyer...but Jimmy still wants to be Slippin' Jimmy at heart. How far will she go? When will she finally turn on him? Guess we'll keep on waiting to find out.

Brodeur

Feb 27, 2002
San Diego
Enjoyed the season premiere, although my memory was fuzzy with the hiatus. Mainly had forgotten how much Lalo knew about Werner outside of the phone call that Mike interrupted.

chicagoskycam

Land of #1 Overall Picks
Nov 19, 2009
Fulton Market, Chicago
chicagoskycam.com
That was a damn good 1st episode. Jimmy is finally full Saul ..

You have to think if Saul was going to get a job and hide in plain site, he would do something with less people around on a daily basis, the only thing worse would be an airport.

Brodeur

Feb 27, 2002
San Diego
Poker scenes tend to be a pet peeve for me, so I was hoping they'd avoid a clichéd hand (like a royal flush over 4 of a kind). Scene did work well in the sense that nobody wanted to take a pot from Lalo, so Krazy-8 folding a strong hand was enjoyable. The poker geek in me just wished they had Lalo bluff with something other than 2-7 off suit, albeit that was a hand that people would try to get fancy with at our home games.

Took me a moment to understand where Gus' crew had driven Nacho.

Adam Warlock

Apr 15, 2006
It amazes me how many friends I have that loved Breaking Bad but refuse to get into Better Call Saul. They have done a great job of making the show stand on its own while flawlessly blending it into Breaking Bad. There are actually some parts of BCS that I enjoy more than BB.

When all is said in done, I feel like I'll remember it all (and El Camino) as one series...and those who missed out on it will have only gotten half the BB experience.

chicagoskycam

Land of #1 Overall Picks
Nov 19, 2009
Fulton Market, Chicago
chicagoskycam.com
It amazes me how many friends I have that loved Breaking Bad but refuse to get into Better Call Saul. They have done a great job of making the show stand on its own while flawlessly blending it into Breaking Bad. There are actually some parts of BCS that I enjoy more than BB.

When all is said in done, I feel like I'll remember it all (and El Camino) as one series...and those who missed out on it will have only gotten half the BB experience.

I think BCS has taken so long to get where it needed to be. They could have cut down some of the content by a season to get here. That turned alot of people off.

Brodeur

Feb 27, 2002
San Diego
It's been awhile since I've talked to a non-fan about the show, but I got the impression that they didn't know how the drug trade was a major subplot to the show. And/or they liked Saul as a secondary guy in small doses but weren't as interested in him as the primary character. So they never gave the show a chance.

It's too bad though, it's been a great show on its own.

Reactions: Scandale du Jour

TP

Global Moderator
Dec 2, 2008
I tried to watch the last season finale, but couldn't get through it. Must have been the delay.

Glad I watched though, good stuff so far.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad