Votes: 16 61.5%
  • free

Votes: 6 23.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Neutrinos

Sep 23, 2016
Just finished the final season

If you scroll up a few messages to post #821, you'll see that I had just finished the 2nd episode on Sept. 20th

The fact that it took me a month and a half to get through this season tells you how much I was invested in it

It all just felt so... pointless

Gilligan and Co. are guilty of committing the same sin as the creators of Game Of Thrones... their final season peaked too early, and then slowly crawled towards the finish line

Gilligan is also guilty of spending minutes at a time on the mundane, which is tolerable when it's sandwiched between compelling events, but when the story is dull, well, you end up with an utterly forgettable final season

Better Call Saul had its moments, but ultimately, it wasn't all good, man

Last edited:

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
Just finished the final season

If you scroll up a few messages to post #821, you'll see that I had just finished the 2nd episode on Sept. 20th

The fact that it took me a month and a half to get through this season tells you how much I was invested in it

It all just felt so... pointless

Gilligan and Co. are guilty of committing the same sin as the creators of Game Of Thrones... their final season peaked too early, and then slowly crawled towards the finish line

Gilligan is also guilty of spending minutes at a time on the mundane, which is tolerable when it's sandwiched between compelling events, but when the story is dull, well, you end up with an utterly forgettable final season

Better Call Saul had its moments, but ultimately, it wasn't all good, man

It was one of my all time favorite series until the final last episodes.

They started to make Jimmy act irrational and do extremely stupid shit (the mall heist was totally asinine and going back to the cancer guys house was eye roll worthy).

They should have had just Marion be the one who was his undoing (alerting authorities), instead of the silly filler episodes that made little sense.

Reactions: Neutrinos

LarKing

Sep 2, 2012
Michigan
This show had the same exact problem that BB did for me. The Gus plot was by far the best and they for some reason chose to not have it as the ending storyline. I really could not have cared less for seeing future Saul in black and white. Took me weeks to get through the final two episodes because honestly I just had no interest in the storyline about a guy running a Cinnabon.

alko

Oct 20, 2004
Slovakia
www.slovakhockey.sk
It was one of my all time favorite series until the final last episodes.

They started to make Jimmy act irrational and do extremely stupid shit (the mall heist was totally asinine and going back to the cancer guys house was eye roll worthy).

They should have had just Marion be the one who was his undoing (alerting authorities), instead of the silly filler episodes that made little sense.

Everyone makes dummies. Ask yourself, how many did you and you will find, how easy was to avoid them. And how stupid (dont take it personnel) you was that time.

LightningStrikes

Champa Bay Lightning
Nov 24, 2009
I really loved the first couple seasons (story, character development, cinematography, atmosphere, score etc) but once the cartel subplots in the BCS universe were finished (Nacho, Lalo, Mike) and after Kim vanished and the black and white era began it became unnecessary long, dull and convoluted. No real point or payoff really. Just long repetitive no-stories, senseless flashbacks and repetitions of things we already knew and half-assed Breaking Bad references. The once complex and interesting Jimmy McGill / Saul Goodman character became one-dimensional and stale. There was no twist or anything really. It felt like a chore to go through the last 2-4 episodes.

Brodeur

Feb 27, 2002
San Diego

Had BCS clips pop up in my feed and I've been enjoying rewatching random scenes.

I did not realize that Pryce was the actor who played Nate in The Office. I totally feel like I was fooled a la Superman / Clark Kent wearing glasses. I like to assume he's playing the same character in both series.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad