Better All-Time Roster: Anaheim Ducks Or Florida Panthers

Which franchise has the better all-time roster?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

GlitchMarner

Typical malevolent, devious & vile Maple Leafs fan
Jul 21, 2017
Brampton, ON
In these polls, I'm including only players who spent at least two seasons with a franchise on their all-time rosters.

For relocated franchises, I am including worthy players who played for the franchises prior to relocation(s).

Consider how good a player was when he played for the franchise whose roster he's included on. For example: If Fedorov is part of Team Columbus, don't think of him as the 1994 version of the player.

Anaheim Ducks defeated Winnipeg Jets 39 votes to 2 (95.1%) in round one: Better All-Time Roster: Anaheim Ducks Or Winnipeg Jets? | HFBoards - NHL Message Board and Forum for National Hockey League (mandatory.com), lost to Washington Capitals 41 votes to 14 (74.5%) in round two: Better All-Time Roster: Anaheim Ducks Or Washington Capitals, lost to Tampa Bay Lightning 19 votes to 7 (73.1%) in round three: Better All-Time Roster: Anaheim Ducks Or Tampa Bay Lightning and defeated San Jose 17 votes to 7 (70.8%) in round four: Better All-Time Roster: Anaheim Ducks Or San Jose Sharks

Florida Panthers lost to Nashville Predators 37 votes to 34 (52.1%) in round one: Better All-Time Roster: Florida Panthers Or Nashville Predators, defeated Vegas Golden Knights 45 votes to 1 (97.8%) in round two: Better All-Time Roster: Florida Panthers Or Vegas Golden Knights, lost to San Jose Sharks 14 votes to 8 (63.6%) in round three: Better All-Time Roster: Florida Panthers Versus San Jose Sharks and defeated Seattle Kraken 25 votes to 1 (96.2%) in round four: Better All-Time Roster: Florida Panthers Or Seattle Kraken

Anaheim Ducks:

Paul Kariya - Ryan Getzlaf - Teemu Selanne
Rickard Rakell - Andy McDonald - Corey Perry
Andrew Cogliano - Ryan Kesler - Sami Pahlsson
Steve Rucchin - Saku Koivu - Jakob Silfverberg
Scott Niedermayer - Chris Pronger
Hampus Lindholm - Francois Beauchemin
Cam Fowler - Ruslan Salei
Jean-Sebastien Giguere
John Gibson

Florida Panthers:

Jonathan Huberdeau - Aleksander Barkov - Pavel Bure
Ray Whitney - Olli Jokinen - Nathan Horton
David Booth - Rob Niedermayer - Scott Mellanby
Viktor Kozlov - Vincent Trocheck - Jaromir Jagr

Jay Bouwmeester - Aaron Ekblad
Brian Campbell - Robert Svehla
Bryan McCabe - MacKenzie Weeger

Roberto Luongo
John Vanbiesbrouck​

banks

Only got 5/16
Aug 29, 2019
That Panthers team is better than I expected. But the Ducks still win this.

Hockey4Life91

Mar 13, 2018
That Panthers team is better than I expected. But the Ducks still win this.
What? You have to consider the quality of the player at the time that they played for the team. This Florida team on a historical scale is perhaps the worst out of any franchise in the league. It truly is downright hideous. No wonder Florida has won four playoff series during the course of its entire existence.

Neutrinos

Sep 23, 2016
I feel like McCabe should be replaced with Ed Jovanovski

Last edited:

Ducks in a row

Go Ducks Quack Quack
Dec 17, 2013
U.S.A.
In these polls, I'm including only players who spent at least two seasons with a franchise on their all-time rosters.

For relocated franchises, I am including worthy players who played for the franchises prior to relocation(s).

Consider how good a player was when he played for the franchise whose roster he's included on. For example: If Fedorov is part of Team Columbus, don't think of him as the 1994 version of the player.

Anaheim Ducks defeated Winnipeg Jets 39 votes to 2 (95.1%) in round one: Better All-Time Roster: Anaheim Ducks Or Winnipeg Jets? | HFBoards - NHL Message Board and Forum for National Hockey League (mandatory.com), lost to Washington Capitals 41 votes to 14 (74.5%) in round two: Better All-Time Roster: Anaheim Ducks Or Washington Capitals, lost to Tampa Bay Lightning 19 votes to 7 (73.1%) in round three: Better All-Time Roster: Anaheim Ducks Or Tampa Bay Lightning and defeated San Jose 17 votes to 7 (70.8%) in round four: Better All-Time Roster: Anaheim Ducks Or San Jose Sharks

Florida Panthers lost to Nashville Predators 37 votes to 34 (52.1%) in round one: Better All-Time Roster: Florida Panthers Or Nashville Predators, defeated Vegas Golden Knights 45 votes to 1 (97.8%) in round two: Better All-Time Roster: Florida Panthers Or Vegas Golden Knights, lost to San Jose Sharks 14 votes to 8 (63.6%) in round three: Better All-Time Roster: Florida Panthers Versus San Jose Sharks and defeated Seattle Kraken 25 votes to 1 (96.2%) in round four: Better All-Time Roster: Florida Panthers Or Seattle Kraken

Anaheim Ducks:

Paul Kariya - Ryan Getzlaf - Teemu Selanne
Rickard Rakell - Andy McDonald - Corey Perry
Andrew Cogliano - Ryan Kesler - Sami Pahlsson
Steve Rucchin - Saku Koivu - Jakob Silfverberg
Jean-Sebastien Giguere
John Gibson

Florida Panthers:

Jonathan Huberdeau - Aleksander Barkov - Pavel Bure
Ray Whitney - Olli Jokinen - Nathan Horton
David Booth - Rob Niedermayer - Scott Mellanby
Viktor Kozlov - Vincent Trocheck - Jaromir Jagr

Jay Bouwmeester - Aaron Ekblad
Brian Campbell - Robert Svehla
Bryan McCabe - MacKenzie Weeger

Roberto Luongo
John Vanbiesbrouck​
Paul Kariya - Andy McDonald - Teemu Selanne
Skilled speedy line that could score a lot. Selanne had great chemistry with Karyia and then later with McDonald after joining the Ducks for a 2nd time.

Bobby Ryan - Ryan Getzlaf - Corey Perry
Skilled line with size that could score a lot and was actually used by the Ducks.

Andrew Cogliano - Ryan Kesler - Jakob Silfverberg
A shutdown line that could score and was actually used by the Ducks.

Travis Moen - Samuel Pahlsson - Rob Niedermayer
2007 Stanley Cup champions playoff MVP line that could shut you down and score some big goals.

Jean-Sebastien Giguere
John Gibson

That is the All-Time Ducks lineup I would use.

Regal

Mar 12, 2010
Vancouver
Paul Kariya - Andy McDonald - Teemu Selanne
Skilled speedy line that could score a lot. Selanne had great chemistry with Karyia and then later with McDonald after joining the Ducks for a 2nd time.

Bobby Ryan - Ryan Getzlaf - Corey Perry
Skilled line with size that could score a lot and was actually used by the Ducks.

Andrew Cogliano - Ryan Kesler - Jakob Silfverberg
A shutdown line that could score and was actually used by the Ducks.

Travis Moen - Samuel Pahlsson - Rob Niedermayer
2007 Stanley Cup champions playoff MVP line that could shut you down and score some big goals.

Jean-Sebastien Giguere
John Gibson

That is the All-Time Ducks lineup I would use.

I like the lineup, but I think it still makes sense to split Nieds and Pronger so one is always on the ice the majority of the game.

Albatros

Aug 19, 2017
Ostsee
Lubo Visnovsky should be on the Ducks' team. He had his best season there - led all Dmen in scoring and was 4th in Norris voting. Surely, that beats anything Salei or Fowler have done.
This, and he got 20 out of 127 first-place votes (Lidström won with 35) meaning that more than 15 % of the electorate saw him as the very best in the league at the time. Very under-appreciated.

bebl

Jul 5, 2008
Finland
What? You have to consider the quality of the player at the time that they played for the team. This Florida team on a historical scale is perhaps the worst out of any franchise in the league. It truly is downright hideous. No wonder Florida has won four playoff series during the course of its entire existence.
Have you seen that Wild team?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad