Best U25 roster by team?

StatisticsAddict99

Feb 24, 2017
12 leafs played nhl games this year...jets?

The Jets have the best 1st Line AINEC(for god sake when that line was used last season they where the best in the league at scoring)... All the Leafs have is a really good first line that keeps them in the top tier of U25 players and the Jets U25 depth is significantly better as well as the Defensive depth and Goalies.. It’s okay bud the Leafs are Top 5 in this argument, they’re really good but not the best

Reactions: Cellee

A1LeafNation

Good, is simply not good enough!
Oct 17, 2010
The Jets have the best 1st Line AINEC(for god sake when that line was used last season they where the best in the league at scoring)... All the Leafs have is a really good first line that keeps them in the top tier of U25 players and the Jets U25 depth is significantly better as well as the Defensive depth and Goalies.. It’s okay bud the Leafs are Top 5 in this argument, they’re really good but not the best

Really I thought the Matthews line had the best goal diff in the league.

StatisticsAddict99

Feb 24, 2017
Really I thought the Matthews line had the best goal diff in the league.

:doh:

Goes right over your head, I said last season.

Ehlers, Scheifele and Laine haven’t played together for a season, I was talking about the overall scoring they did(but nice cherry picking).

That Jets Ehlers-Scheifele-Laine Line would be better than any line the Leafs organization could come up with, the rest of the lineup is all in Winnipeg’s favour as well as most of the Jets lineup has NHL experience while who knows where your Top 6 and Top 4 down are from.

DownIsTheNewUp

Mar 27, 2017
Tampa
Lightning not so bad

Miller-Point-Kucherov
Erne-Peca-Raddysh
Katchouk-Paquette-Joseph
Volkov-Cirelli-Stephens

Sergachev-Dotchin
Koekkoek-Foote
Sosunov-Cernak

Vasilevskiy
Ingram

hallhopkinseberle

Jul 14, 2007
london
Nuge-McDavid-Drastaitl
Slepyshev-Strome-Pulujarvi
Aberg-Khiara-Yamamoto
Caiggula-Hebig-Benson
Safin Maximov

Nurse-Benning
Klefbom-Bear
Jones-Mantha
Samorukov

Brossiot
Ellis
Wells/Skinner

Better than I thought tbh. Left side is weak outside of Nuge. Centres are kinda strong. Like a #1 Dman and a #1 Goalie for sure too. Like AHL depth but that should get better as Hebig, Benson, Yamamoto should join the squad next season, bear, Jones and Mantha will get better, Brossiot doesnt look like an NHL goalie sadly, Ellis has been strong in the AHL. Wells and Skinner. 12 Players in the NHL as of today.

Android 16

Jun 23, 2011
Florida
Huberdeau - Barkov - Borgström
Malgin - Trocheck - Tippett
Vatrano - McCann - Mamin
Mascherin - Heponiemi - Hawryluk

Ekblad - Matheson
McCoshen - Weegar
Downing - Schemitsch

Montembeault

NHLers

Spawn

Something in the water
Feb 20, 2006
Edmonton
Oilers under 25 roster:

Slepyshev-McDavid-Draisaitl
Puljujavi-RNH-Aberg
Caggiula-Strome-
Yamamoto
Benson
-Khaira-Maksimov

Nurse-Klefbom
Benning
-Bear
Jones-Lowe

Brossoit
Ellis

Bold are players currently in the NHL (not counting Bear who just played his first NHL game tonight). Underline still in juniors. The rest in the AHL.

Unmatchable center depth wit McDavid, Drai, RNH, Strome and Khaira. But weak everywhere else. Defense and goaltending are real bad.

swissexpert

Sep 21, 2009
Huberdeau - Barkov - Borgström
Malgin - Trocheck - Tippett
Vatrano - McCann - Mamin
Mascherin - Heponiemi - Hawryluk

Ekblad - Matheson
McCoshen - Weegar
Downing - Schemitsch

Montembeault

NHLers
Why are Malgin and McCann not NHLers?
Malgin's the 6th best forward on your franchise depth chart.

eternalbedhead

Let's not rebuild and say we did
Aug 10, 2015
Corona, CA
Since we seem to all be listing our own teams (sorted by potential rather than current ability):

Rickard Rakell - Sam Steel - Ondrej Kase
Maxime Comtois - Kalle Kossila - Troy Terry
Nick Ritchie - Antoine Morand - Giovanni Fiore
Max Jones - Joe Blandisi - Nick Sorensen
(extras: Jack Badini, Tyler Soy)

Hampus Lindholm - Brandon Montour
Josh Mahura - Andy Welinski
Jacob Larsson - Steven Ruggiero
(extras: Marcus Pettersson)

John Gibson
Olle Eriksson Ek

Not great. It's really thin on proven NHL talent and contains only a few solid prospects -- the rest being filled in by young players of varying who still haven't established solid ceilings for themselves. The D-core isn't bad but that weak right-side really brings it down. Montour and Welinski ideally should each be a slot down. Ruggiero really shouldn't be there at all at this point. Up front, we're doing worse. We're insanely thin on the right side -- I had to move Terry over to RW and include Sorensen who isn't even technically in our system right now. (next RW up is Deven Sideroff, then Kyle Olson) There's a couple interesting pieces that could turn into something, and that top line isn't bad, but it's a lot of what-ifs and wildcards. In net, Gibson's very solid, but we have another young wild-card in Eriksson Ek (18 y.o. for another 3 months) rather than a more established prospect. He could very well turn into something -- I like his potential -- but it's way too early to be certain.

buud

Ping Pong Predator
Oct 3, 2017
43N -79
NYI

Bellows -- Barzal -- Ho-Sang
Johnston -- Beauvillier
--Koivula
Dal Colle--XXXX -- Golyshev
Durandeau/Cockerill/Adams/Pastujov

Pelech -- Pulock
Toews-- Burroughs
Aho/Vande Sompel/Wotherspoon/Salo/Quenneville/Mirageas

Sorokin
Soderstrom
McAdam

*to LordNeverLose...

i added Durandeau, Burroughs, McAdam, and took out Quine.
Beauvillier spent his career at C, but has seemingly found a home beside Barzal.
we also have 2 1sts and 2 2nds in 2018 draft, and hopefully we can get a quality C, RW, RHD.
agreed that we have strength in net, but they are still quite young.

TheGoose88

Sep 6, 2011
Stl
St. Louis has some good U25's as well. Just threw down the names, these lines aren't reflective of potential / rankings.

Klim Kostin - Robert Thomas - Jordan Kyrou
Zach Sanford - Tanner Kaspick - Sammy Blais
Erik Foley - Nolan Stevens - Tage Thompson
Ivan Barbashev - Conner Bleakley - Alexey Toropchenko

Joel Edmundson - Colton Parayko
Vince Dunn - Jordan Schmaltz
Jake Walman - David Noel

Ville Husso
Jordan Binnington

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
Blues:

Fabbri-Thomas-Thompson
Kostin-Barbashev-Kyrou
Blais-Sanford-Soshnikov
Foley-Sundqvist-Musil

Edmundson-Parayko
Dunn-Schmaltz

Walman-Lindbohm

Husso
Binnington

I think the Blues' team is pretty good in terms of potential. Bolded are guys who are either currently in the NHL, or injured and have played in the NHL previously.

I'm pretty confident that all of the un-bolded guys will play in the NHL at some point. A few of them will probably make the team next season.

Damassk

Jun 24, 2012
Moscow
twitter.com
Kings... not so great :(

Kempe - Amadio - Brodzinski
Iafallo
- Vilardi - Rieder
Wagner - Anderson-Dolan - Watson
Rymsha - Dergachyov - Auger
Luff

MacDermid - Clague
Anderson - Lintuniemi
Roy - Phillips
Subban, Moveravre

Petersen
Villalta

Kelly

Nov 12, 2012
By Maple Leaf-fans rules, it's not OK counting actual U25-players if it means they're (the Leafs) not number 1 in everybody else's minds
Yeah, no.

Jets are clear first, Leafs are second for me, Avs third.

TheDeuce

Halak, Ryder, and a second.
Feb 22, 2009
By Maple Leaf-fans rules, it's not OK counting actual U25-players if it means they're (the Leafs) not number 1 in everybody else's minds

Nah, I'm starting to come around on the Leafs and their fans. The problem is that the tiny minority who make you shake your head REALLY go to town in making you shake your head. There's no in-between with Leafs fans; it's either a double high five or a double face palm.

m.

Reactions: Kelly

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad