Sanheim-Morin
Myers-Hagg
Friedman

Hart
Lyon/Stolarz/Sandstrom/The Russians

RockyMtnRedhawk

Feb 25, 2014
Denver
The same U25 roster that has them in the lottery again?

Jets and Leafs look like runaway winners here.

U25 isn't the whole team, Leafs have better supporting pieces that don't meet the U25 criteria. Take contracts out of the equation, McDavid/Draisaitl/RNH > Matthews/Marner/Nylander. I'm not a fan of either team btw.

Kelly

Nov 12, 2012
U25 isn't the whole team, Leafs have better supporting pieces that don't meet the U25 criteria. Take contracts out of the equation, McDavid/Draisaitl/RNH > Matthews/Marner/Nylander. I'm not a fan of either team btw.
Oilers can't match Hyman, Brown, Rielly, Kapanen, Dermott, Lily etc etc.

Baxterman

Aug 27, 2017
I didn't see a Flames team.

I tried to list guys in their natural positions, good top end talent but not enough depth to be at the top of the lists. Much like the big club RW is a wasteland.

Gaudreau-Monahan-Lazar
Tkachuk-Bennett-Foo
Mangiapane-Jankowski-?
Klimchuk-Dube-?
Lomberg

Valimaki-Hamilton
Kulak-Andersson
Kylington-Wotherspoon

Gillies
Parsons

GoldiFox

Apr 21, 2014
Aho - Necas - Teravainen
McGinn
- Rask - Lindholm
Gauthier - Roy - Saarela
Foegele - Wallmark - Zykov/Kuokkanen

Slavin - Pesce
Hanifin
- Bean
Fleury - McKeown

Nedeljkovic
Booth

Kelly

Nov 12, 2012
Hyman isn't U25.

Poolparty, Nurse, and Klefbom all have more value than all of those players except Rielly.
It's asking for the best team, not most value.

Also that's three players, Leafs are easily above the Oilers.

lomiller1

Jan 13, 2015
Am I a really bad homer for thinking my avs are even more stacked without Schef & Hellebuyck counting for the Jets?

We suck in goal, but without Hellebuyck that erases the Jets big advantage there. We're deeper on the blueline, though their top pairing is much more proven; we're one of the few teams with an even more dynamic top line that qualifies for this thread...and with Connor having to move up into Schef's spot, I feel like we can match their depth in the 2nd & 3rd lines; though Roslovic is a sexy beast

The scary thing is that even if you exclude their 24 year olds the Jets still have one of the best teams in the thread. Relative to the Avs the Jets D is a lot better give the fact that the pair on their full roster are 23 and 22 respectively. I'm not sure about the avs depth being better either, it's pretty close IMO. With the Jets 24 year olds included they run away with it.

Ehlers - Roslovic - Laine
Connor
- Petan - Dano
Vesalainen - Copp - Lemieux
Harkins - Appleton - Spacek
Depth: Skyler Mackenzie, Jordan Stallard

Morrissey - Trouba
Samberg - Niku
Stanley - Nogier
Depth: Luke Green, Jonathan Kovacevic, Nelson Nogier, Leon Gawanke

Comrie
Berdin

and may be better than any of the U25 teams. They don't have a C to match Mackinnon so it's still a worthy debate. The flip side is

Reactions: cgf

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
:flyers

Bolded = currently in NHL
Italicized = has made NHL debut

Line 1: Oskar Lindblom - Nolan Patrick - Travis Konecny
Line 2: Danick Martel - Morgan Frost - Nicolas Aube-Kubel
Line 3: German Rubstov - Scott Laughton - Wade Allison
Line 4: Isaac Ratcliffe - Mikhail Vorobyev - Tanner Laczynski

Defense 1: Ivan Provorov - Shayne Gostisbehere
Defense 2: Travis Sanheim - Phillipe Myers
Defense 3: Samuel Morin - Robert Hagg

Goalie 1: Carter Hart
Goalie 2: Felix Sandstrom

Super stacked at D and Goaltending with a solid Forward group that still has a lot to prove. Worth noting that Couturier just missed cut-off and is 25.

Last edited:

lomiller1

Jan 13, 2015

The Jets have the following U25 on their current roster
#1C
#3C
#1, #3, #4 LW
#2, #3, #4 RW
#1D
#2D
#1G

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
The scary thing is that even if you exclude their 24 year olds the Jets still have one of the best teams in the thread. Relative to the Avs the Jets D is a lot better give the fact that the pair on their full roster are 23 and 22 respectively. I'm not sure about the avs depth being better either, it's pretty close IMO. With the Jets 24 year olds included they run away with it.

Ehlers - Roslovic - Laine
Connor
- Petan - Dano
Vesalainen - Copp - Lemieux
Harkins - Appleton - Spacek
Depth: Skyler Mackenzie, Jordan Stallard

Morrissey - Trouba
Samberg - Niku
Stanley - Nogier
Depth: Luke Green, Jonathan Kovacevic, Nelson Nogier, Leon Gawanke

Comrie
Berdin

and may be better than any of the U25 teams. They don't have a C to match Mackinnon so it's still a worthy debate. The flip side is

Yeah, even if the preds win a couple cups and get complacent like the hawks core has, battling you guys in the 2020s is going to be a bitch.

Your NHL dmen are more proven, though I certainly think that when all is said and done the difference between Zads n Samwise and your duo will be a coin flip. Nikita has been making astonishing progress and isn’t all that far from Trouba this season, while Girard is a really special little hobbit. To me the difference lies with Makar, Meloche & Timmins. Meloche & Timmins may well be matched by your kids, but if Makar can translate his game to the NHL level, I don’t see you an answer to him in your pipeline. But a lot can change in the transition from junior/college to pro, and then again from the AHL to the NHL; so I can’t fault folks for valuing the proven-ness of Morrissey-Trouba.

Without Landy (who turned 25 two months ago) and Schef (who turns 25 in a month or two), I can’t go against MacK n Mikko. MacKinnon is playing like the best player on the planet this year and Mikko is having one hell of a sophomore season after being the avs’ only 20-goal scorer as a rookie. With how well Jost has been playing the past month or two and the chemistry he’s developing with MacK n Mikko on the PP, I dunno if I’d take any u25 top line ahead of ours...other than edmonton’s. We need another stud to anchor our second line, but the team has a lot of different middle 6 kids who could compliment a Svechnikov / Zadina / Hughes / Kakko / Draisaitl if we can get one out of one of these three firsts we have this year & next, or Chia’s stupidity.

Lovedemfanboys

Oct 25, 2017
Nah, I'm starting to come around on the Leafs and their fans. The problem is that the tiny minority who make you shake your head REALLY go to town in making you shake your head. There's no in-between with Leafs fans; it's either a double high five or a double face palm.

m.

A bit off-topic but I completely agree. I feel bad for the sane Leaf fans when Toronto Ten runs wild and does everything they can to destroy the fanbase's reputation. Everyone should remember that those guys don't represent the whole fan base.

For me, Jets are 1st and Leafs and Oilers are 2nd and 3rd. So things are looking pretty decent for Canadian clubs.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Bruins have to be in the top 5 with 3 current rookies in the top 15 in scoring, Heinen, DeBrusk and McAvoy. Bjork was up there but had a season ending injury. Still they are the top team in rookie pts
It's always fun when the Bruins supposedly suck

Love the young centers coming along next wave- JFK Donato Frederic Khokhlachev Studnicka

Rich get richer

Reactions: Battleford Bruin

RockyMtnRedhawk

Feb 25, 2014
Denver
#1C
#3C
#1, #3, #4 LW
#2, #3, #4 RW
#1D
#2D
#1G

I didn't realize Scheifele was still U25 for a few more weeks. You're right, Jets are ahead of the Oilers.

1. Jets
2. Oilers
3. Jackets
4. Avs
5. Leafs
6. Lightning
7. Bruins
8. Flames

Plural

Mar 10, 2011
Until the end of March when there 1st and 3rd line centers graduate to being ineligible. By the end of May they lose Armia and Hellebucyk.
I love the insecurity. You really have it against Jets. It's awesome to witness.

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto
I love the insecurity. You really have it against Jets. It's awesome to witness.
No, it was more a point about how arbitrary it is to measure mid-year. You ask the question in 2 weeks and it takes away Scheifele.

If I hate any team its the Habs or Sens. The only Jets fans I dislike (and I don't even think they are Jets fans) is an insane group of Laine supporters.

Measuring something like this should be done with more specific parameters. Such as Birth year (like the WJC) or a very specific date like the draft cut-off line or start of the regular season. it qualifies and disqualifies players in a weird fashion.

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
I know this said best, so clearly the Pens aren't it. But I was curious what their U-25 roster would look like, so I looked it up. I stopped after a half dozen names because the rest are prospects who aren't sure-fire NHLers.

Guentzel - Blueger - Sprong
Aston-Reese - Dea - Simon

Lauzon - Pedan

Murray
Jarry

zar

Bleed Blue
Sponsor
Oct 9, 2010
Edmonton AB
A bit off-topic but I completely agree. I feel bad for the sane Leaf fans when Toronto Ten runs wild and does everything they can to destroy the fanbase's reputation. Everyone should remember that those guys don't represent the whole fan base.

For me, Jets are 1st and Leafs and Oilers are 2nd and 3rd. So things are looking pretty decent for Canadian clubs.

Good post.

Every fan base has “those guys”... there are posters from my own fan base I shake my head at too... they fall for that troll bait every time rather than just using the ‘ignore’ function this site has... and then they spout off a bunch of crap that has me going...:shakehead

Then we pay the price with even more trolling.

Reactions: Lovedemfanboys

Flair Hay

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 22, 2010
Winnipeg
search
#1C
#3C
#1, #3, #4 LW
#2, #3, #4 RW
#1D
#2D
#1G

Bathe the Stiffmeister!

Bah I give up I cant embed shit lol
search

Hischier and Hughes

“I love to hockey”
Jan 28, 2018
I like what the Devils have going, not the best but its far better than it was two years ago

Hischier, Bratt, Zacha, Wood, Butcher, Severson, Santini, Mueller

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad