Best Swedish Goalie Right Now

Who is the best Swedish goalie right now

• Total voters

BCNate

Apr 3, 2016
Markstrom. He was far better than his stats indicate this season, he stole at least 8 wins for us this season. Without him, we are a bottom 5 team. If he was healthy all year, he would have been in the mix for the Vezina.

Bankerguy

Apr 28, 2013
That's all true, but what does the number of teams played for or contract status have to do with who is the best goalie?
I guess it depends on how you define "best". I see it as on ice ability AND reliability... i wouldnt be surprised if he had to pack if in half a season in due to depression or something like that. Knock on wood it doesnt happen.. but ya, i see "best" including a lot of things. Reliability, On ice ability, personality etc

Sergei Shirokov

Jul 27, 2012
British Columbia
Sedin night was the most (negatively) lopsided win I can remember. Outshot 49-20, yet won 3-0. Surpassing McLean's infamous game in Montreal in '91.

It was like they were more focused on going up and having a drink afterward than actually playing the game. And it was a microcosm of Markstrom's last 2 seasons.

Up until this year I would've voted Lehner but I think Markstrom has a legit Vezina case this year (atleast nominee status) and has surpassed Lehner as of now. So obviously I voted Marky.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad