WJC: Best Starting 6

DDRhockey

Hockeyfan since 1986
Oct 11, 2017
Umm that's pretty bold when Dahlin has not e. And this thread is about best starting 6, Heiskanen is better at the moment. Heiskanen's upside is definitely #1 D
Heiskanen has never walked an entire team. Dahlin has done it several times. Dahlin is better

Morgs

#16 #34 #44 #88 #91
Jul 12, 2015
London, ON
I think people are really really overrating Alex Nylander. Liljegren hasn't shown anything exceptional either.

Disagree on both accounts:

Nylander twice has twice gone over a PPG in this tournament. Last year almost 2 PPG. You think he's going to do worse as a 19 year old?

Liljegren was one of the best 16 year olds to ever play in the SHL in regards to PPG... and yes I'm talking about forwards as well. Last year can be considered a "down" season (even though again, it's one of the best PPG seasons for a 17 year old ever), but even if you consider it a "down" season, you can see this year has clearly been a bounce-back so far. Playing top-pairing on arguably the best team in the AHL, and (again) having one of the best PPG seasons for an 18 year old in the AHL. If that's not exceptional, I don't know what is.

Conspiracy Theorist

Jan 30, 2016
Good thing is Finland doesn't have a clear top 6

Tolvanen,Kuokkanen,Heponiemi (Vesalainen)
Heiskanen-Juolevi (Välimäki, Jokiharju)
Luukkonen

Lollipop

Jul 23, 2013
It's Sweden by far!

Lol, Finland is so overrated. Especially Heiskanen and Tolvanen.

TheGoldenJet

Apr 2, 2008
Coquitlam, BC
I think people are really really overrating Alex Nylander. Liljegren hasn't shown anything exceptional either.

Nylander led the tournament in points last year (tied for first).

He's back a year later bigger and more experienced.

Everything points to him being a major force once again at the WJC.

Rasmus CacOlainen

The end of the Tank
Sep 24, 2015
Europe
Nylander led the tournament in points last year (tied for first).

He's back a year later bigger and more experienced.

Everything points to him being a major force once again at the WJC.
Except his recent injuries and struggling big time in the AHL. I dont watch Rochester but reports from there are not glowing. But versus younger peers he should do alright I suppose.

TheGoldenJet

Apr 2, 2008
Coquitlam, BC
Except his recent injuries and struggling big time in the AHL. I dont watch Rochester but reports from there are not glowing. But versus younger peers he should do alright I suppose.

Yes, he's had a disappointing season so far. However, he seems to be over his injuries and had a good last couple of games in the AHL. Peaking at the right time as far as the Swedes are concerned, so again, I expect a big tournament from Nylander.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad