Best skaters on each team?

Holymakinaw

May 22, 2007
Toronto
Well I'm not too sure who the "best" skater on my team is, but every summer I like to paint a large blue rectangle area onto my lawn to fool airplane passengers overhead into thinking that I own a pool.

Reactions: Neil Racki

LemonSauceD

Instigator
Sponsor
Jul 31, 2015
Vancouver
Mikheyev in terms of being the fastest skater.

Hughes for everything else. It’s like watching figure skating when he’s got the puck.

Honorable mention to Rathbone, guy also has elite skating and is deceptively quick.

Reactions: WetcoastOrca

SaltNPeca

Jan 9, 2017
Köln
Best ≠ Fastest (esp. without puck)

So the likes of Crosby, McDavid, Kaprizov, Makar, etc. are, for me, at another level than guys who can get up and down the lines quickly. Cutbacks, edgework, mohawks, crossovers, beating defenders with fakes, maintaining a gap and rarely getting walked, and so on are mostly about being elite skaters.

Reactions: sanscosm

Stewie Griffin

What the deuce
May 9, 2019
Canada
Nieto is probably the fastest skater on the sharks. Gregor is also pacey for his size. Meier is a very powerful skater who is fast as well.

CharasLazyWrister

Sep 8, 2008
Northborough, MA
It really depends how you define best.

For the Bruins, in terms of technique, it’s Gryz. In terms of straight line top speed, it’s DeBrusk. In terms of power and quick acceleration, I’d say Taylor Hall. In terms of edgework, it’s Brad Marchand.

Not trying to be a smart ass. I’ve always found it difficult to define best skating. Even Michael Ryder, maybe the ugliest skater by technique I’ve ever seen in the NHL, had decent speed down the wing in his prime.

Flying Dego

Apr 30, 2013
The Penguins...
Kapanen is the fastest skater
But Crosby while his speed his average due to age is still the best skater when it comes to his edges and strength keeping defenders off the puck.

Reactions: pi314
Jul 10, 2003
KW
With Mikheyev gone, I would guess Rielly is the fastest straight line skater on the Leafs while Marner is the most agile and has the best edgework.
I think you're spot in with your assessments, but for me, Nylander is the team's best skater. Very graceful but strong on his feet too. Nice acceleration while already at speed

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
I remember Lomberg on the Flames had awesome speed on the forecheck, but I don’t ever remember him carrying the puck

He's definitely improved his puck handling skills and honestly think he's close to challenging for a 3rd line spot but seems like an Ida 4th line physical pest.

He was pacing a 27pt season on 4th line which IMO is more closer to 3rd line production.

Canadienna

Jan 27, 2015
Dew drops and rainforest
Byron, if he's done Matheson probably

Byron does look done, and was slow last year before his hip issues.

He ain't it.

I thought about Matheson, but imo Caufield is still way ahead of him.

Caufield's skating isn't his best quality, but it's still very good.

Matheson's skating is his best quality, but still not as good as Caufield's.

TheDawnOfANewTage

Dahlin, it’ll all be fine
Dec 17, 2018
Byron does look done, and was slow last year before his hip issues.

He ain't it.

I thought about Matheson, but imo Caufield is still way ahead of him.

Caufield's skating isn't his best quality, but it's still very good.

Matheson's skating is his best quality, but still not as good as Caufield's.

Ay, shouts to Lord Byron. Dude loves the game more than the game loves him, no quit, their names don’t even share dem letters. Well, unless you count the u from Paul, but whatever, dude is a g. A g I don’t want, a spent g, but a g.

• Love
Reactions: Canadienna

Choralone

Oct 16, 2010
Burbank, CA
LA Kings:

Adrian Kempe, Kevin Fiala, and Rasmus Kupari are all good.

Andreas Athanasiou no longer plays for the Kings, but instead for the Chicago Blackhawks (and he is a hell of a skater).

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005
For Ottawa
Mike Johnson thinks Formenton would win fastest skater at an all star game, if they invited the fastest skaters.
Matthieu Joseph, and Stutzle are fast
Sanderson and Chabot are smooth effortless skaters.

Number 57

Dec 21, 2004
Montreal
Montreal IMO

1- Byron (although may have slowed down with recent injuries)
2- Caufield
3- Matheson
4- Drouin
5- Anderson
6- Pitlick
7- Hoffman
8- Suzuki (great technical skater)
9- Wideman
10- Dadonov
11- Monahan (looked pretty fast in pre-season)
12- Evans
13- Dach
14- Barron
15- Harris
16- Guhle
17- Pezzetta
18- Gallagher (has slowed down with age)
19- Dvorak
20- Armia
21- Edmundson
22- Slafkovsky
23- Savard
24- Xhekaj
25- Kovacevic

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad