Best Show in Town

The Head Crusher

Re-retired
Jan 3, 2008
Edmonton
First would be Nielson and Fraser as I have gotten quite a few thing on the air there and won free stuff (what if Wednesday). Strudwick and Gregor would be number 2 and 3 as I have also been able to get a lot of stuff on the air with them. Honourable mention to eric macramalla as he actually invited me to come onto he show once, but I was unable to do it.

MessierII

Aug 10, 2011
Nielson and Fraser are the best. Both knowledgable guys that keep things entertaining.

McRpro

Cont. without supporting.
Aug 18, 2006
Clown World
I would have said Gregor a couple years ago but i can't stand listening to him anymore, which sucks cause he gets good guests but I just can't tolerate his know-it-all attitude and constant whining anymore.

I suppose Nielson and Fraser get my vote. Nielson seems like a pretty cool guy.

Oilerz

May 10, 2005
River City. E-Town
hate Gregor's voice and know-it-all-ism. turned it off long ago after listening for a long time. Brownlee was usually the bright spot.

listened to Strudwick a couple times. he was OK. just dont have the time to listen to a lot of media anymore and to be frank it's boring at this point.

im fine with Stauffer. i understand his position as half shill and half genuine hockey/oiler fan living the dream. it's easy to read between the lines and he usually gives the best "inside" knowledge of things through direct comment or allusion/innuendo. people take him too seriously and need a diaper change.

the rest i listened to here and there over the past couple years an will on occasion but the team is far too depressing to dig into media.

I'm feeling about the same as this.

TheBusDriver

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Aug 25, 2009
Edmonton
Gregors show is most entertaining

Oilers now is most informative and has best guests

Lowedown has great insight

Strudwick is funny

McDavidMcCup

Jul 9, 2007
Got to go with Lowetide on this one. I like the chemistry he finds with each of his guests (esp. King).

I used to like Stauffer but he lost his edge completely when he signed up with the Oilers. His credibility has dropped to zero and any criticism he levies against the team are quickly followed up with a "all about the process.." quote.

Shame about Stauffer as Katz brought him into the fold to offer credibility and transparency and he has dropped to shill status.

This city really needs a voice to question the process and the decisions that have led to this interminable rebuild. Spector is the last voice to stand up at the MacT newsconference and he got blasted with "I think I know a little about winning".

But what do I know, I am Tier 3 fan (none ticket holder, out of country).

abootzky

Jun 15, 2007
Nielson seems like a pretty cool guy.

I think a lot of people feel that way. What many don't know is that he's also an excellent play-by-play guy (U of Alberta Golden Bears hockey & football). In fact, I hope TSN gets the local CFL radio rights someday soon and they strongly consider him as the new voice of the Eskimos.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad