Best shoes for ball hockey

Jan 21, 2011
Massachusetts
I might join an outdoor ball hockey league soon and was wondering what kind of shoes people wear for it. It's a smooth concrete surface so I don't think running shoes would do (too slippery).

There's a brand called Knappers which makes shoes specifically designed for ball hockey, they have great traction & offer some protection as well. I ordered a pair but had to return them because they were too small, ended up just buying a pair of Asics court shoes. But I hope to switch to Knappers when I get a new pair, just impossible to find in store so you have to make sure they'll fit. They fit a half size small IMO
Shoes

So I was able to come across a pair from a guy in our league - the Knapper AK7's. Let me tell you something, these are the best shoes/sneakers ever for Ball Hockey: Knapper AK7 Men's Speed 2019 (Low) Ball Hockey Shoes

Aesthetically, they do look 'big' (thick) and clunky (they actually look like clogs on steroids LOL). But, there is protection in the front similar to a steel-toe shoe, and some padding along the sides. Light grip on the bottom so I am not afraid of rolling my ankles from going back and forth.

Ed, you are right about the shoe size. I'm run about a size 7.5 - the ones I received were a size 8 and they feel perfect.

Reactions: EdJovanovski

EdJovanovski

#RempeForCalder
Apr 26, 2016
The Rempire State
So I was able to come across a pair from a guy in our league - the Knapper AK7's. Let me tell you something, these are the best shoes/sneakers ever for Ball Hockey: Knapper AK7 Men's Speed 2019 (Low) Ball Hockey Shoes

Aesthetically, they do look 'big' (thick) and clunky (they actually look like clogs on steroids LOL). But, there is protection in the front similar to a steel-toe shoe, and some padding along the sides. Light grip on the bottom so I am not afraid of rolling my ankles from going back and forth.

Ed, you are right about the shoe size. I'm run about a size 7.5 - the ones I received were a size 8 and they feel perfect.
I'm glad my advice worked out and you didn't end up getting shoes that were too big lol. Wish I ended up buying some though as I now have a pretty bad sprained ankle lmao. A bit over 2 months ago and it's still painful. I'll definitely be buying a pair when I start playing again.

I do wish they were more aesthetically pleasing shoes, I'm into fashion & sneaker collecting so honestly I do take looks into consideration a fair bit when buying my hockey gear. But I guess we can't complain because of how small of a niche market this is. If ball hockey ever becomes more popular, perhaps if hockey grows a lot in the US I could see ball hockey being popular in the warmer climates; maybe one day we'll have lots of options when it comes to gear

Reactions: Smirnov2Chistov
Jan 21, 2011
Massachusetts
I'm glad my advice worked out and you didn't end up getting shoes that were too big lol. Wish I ended up buying some though as I now have a pretty bad sprained ankle lmao. A bit over 2 months ago and it's still painful. I'll definitely be buying a pair when I start playing again.

I do wish they were more aesthetically pleasing shoes, I'm into fashion & sneaker collecting so honestly I do take looks into consideration a fair bit when buying my hockey gear. But I guess we can't complain because of how small of a niche market this is. If ball hockey ever becomes more popular, perhaps if hockey grows a lot in the US I could see ball hockey being popular in the warmer climates; maybe one day we'll have lots of options when it comes to gear

Yeah, not the most fashionable shoe out there. The Velcro strap across the top provides some good cushion and protection, but I wouldn’t be caught dead with these if I was just going out casual.

Here’s another angle of it. Grip is nice, not something overbearing.

If you plan on getting some, yes, one size or a half size up should be what your looking for!

Attachments

• 3F568894-57B6-40DC-95F6-E7A2252ABB62.jpeg
    3F568894-57B6-40DC-95F6-E7A2252ABB62.jpeg
    211 KB · Views: 16
  • 70679017-E332-4C75-9B41-E005421CF23C.jpeg
    70679017-E332-4C75-9B41-E005421CF23C.jpeg
    340.8 KB · Views: 15
Reactions: EdJovanovski

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad