TV: Best series finales

Spring in Fialta

A malign star kept him
Apr 1, 2007
Montreal, QC
Watched it last winter, loved it. After the first season youll really get to know the characters and be able to understand the prison politics.

I'm midway through the first season. I'm enjoying it, but part of the enjoyment is kind of because it's interesting to watch it as a template as a prototype of what later HBO shows such as The Sopranos, The Wire and Deadshows did/used the ability to create a concentrated world without much, if any, creative restrictions. Some of the shots are incredibly creative, especially for TV at the time, but it's seriously flawed too.

Last edited:

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
I'm midway through the first season. I'm enjoying it, but part of the enjoyment is kind of because it's interesting to watch it as a template as a prototype of what later HBO shows such as The Sopranos, The Wire and Deadshows did/used the ability to create a concentrated world without much, if any, creative restrictions. Some of the shots are incredibly creative, especially for TV at the time, but it's seriously flawed too.

Not to be rude but Sopranos & Wire came out before Lost :D

& I liked how it evolved - won't spoil it for you but cliches aside, it really does get better each season

zombie kopitar

custom title
Jul 3, 2009
Best Coast
Mad Men and Scrubs

The Office (US) was a great ending to floundering last few seasons.
Breaking Bad was expected but still satisfying.

WOAT series finale; Weeds!

Feb 13, 2003
Visit site
Love that final montage from The Wire. The Shield also had an amazing final season, capped off with a great finale.

I think you were the first guy to mention The Shield. That is still my favorite. An incredible final season after the post money train robbery decline. And Vic Mackey receives a perfect, well deserved ending.

Reactions: SniperHF

ManwithNoIdentity

Jun 4, 2016
Kalamazoo, MI
Six Feet Under..seems like its the one HBO show that gets ignored

I think you were the first guy to mention The Shield. That is still my favorite. An incredible final season after the post money train robbery decline. And Vic Mackey receives a perfect, well deserved ending.

Oh man I loved The Shield and Vic definitely deserved that. “I’ve done worse”

SniperHF

Rejecting Reports
Mar 9, 2007
Phoenix
Did a The Shield re-watch somewhat recently, finale holds up to memory (2nd rewatch)
Though I think it loses some punch when you know what happens.

Justified is mentioned a lot but I think it's a C level finale tops, fine but not great. It's held up by a couple great scenes and is otherwise kinda bleh.

The dorky guy in the other hat never seemed like a real threat to Raylan so that entire plot line seemed like a waste of time and something they should have resolved in the prior episode, I hate time advancing in general, Ava got off way too easy, giving Winona a random husband we didn't know anything about was dumb and felt like cheating since it wasn't an established character. Leaving both Raylan and Boyd alive was perfect but they tried way too hard to tie up everything else.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad