Best prospect from 2017 and beyond

habsrule4eva3089

Nov 22, 2008
Beyond?

With this era of technology, and every child in every country training the same way. You will have more Connor McDavid's and Jack Eichel's coming along. We won't have to wait every 10-15 years.

The next 10 years the game of Hockey is about to change. The World of sport is already changing and Hockey is following tune. Youth takeover just like every generation, but I think this time it'll be insane with the impact and the amount of players that will come up, the average player will be super skilled whereas you can barely watch nhl Hockey nowadays because some players are just so bad.

It'll be amazing to see what kids born in 2002/03/04 are going to be like, I'm sure we'll hear about another 2001/02 born prodigy by the end of the year or next year, it's inevitable.

Last edited:

Roof Daddy

Apr 1, 2008
How is that Swedish D man tracking? IIRC, his name was Adam Thilander? 3 years ago someone started a thread on him, though I remember similar threads for guys like Patrik Koys who never seemed to progress as expected from the first time they got on scout's radar.

Tkachuk Norris

Jun 22, 2012
I know some kid Veleno got excpetional status in the Q this year.

Fifth guy to be granted exceptional status if my memory serves me correctly:
Tavares
Ekblad
McDavid
Day- poor kid
Veleno

habsrule4eva3089

Nov 22, 2008

1st Overall in 2018.

Book it.

You read it here, first.

Now, who's the phenom for 2019?

Last edited:

Fantomas

Aug 7, 2012

1st Overall in 2018.

Book it.

You read it here, first.

I have been reading about Svechnikov for the last couple of years. His name has been thrown about.

I hear he's much more dominant than his brother and maybe the best Russian prospect since Malkin.

Vide

Mar 2, 2015
The 2018 draft crop is quite promising with Oliver Wahlstrom, Jake Wise and Bode Wilde. Kjell Samuelssons son Mattias Samuelson has been getting high praise as well.

Dec 13, 2010
The 2018 draft crop is quite promising with Oliver Wahlstrom, Jake Wise and Bode Wilde. Kjell Samuelssons son Mattias Samuelson has been getting high praise as well.

2018 has a ton of high end but that's a solid top 3 in North America at least. Veleno is obviously right up there too. Svechnikov has looked very good but tough to track where he is today without seeing him at World Selects as you've seen kids like Wilde and Wahlstrom emerge.

2019 is too far away. '18 is only reasonable to talk about because of CHL drafts coming up next year.

kp61c

Apr 3, 2012
separate civilization
I have been reading about Svechnikov for the last couple of years. His name has been thrown about.

I hear he's much more dominant than his brother and maybe the best Russian prospect since Malkin.
10 (9 goals) points in 2 games. i don't know why they are marinating him in his age group. he'd play in the mhl already.

zeropotentate

Dec 4, 2012
Ontario
While Veleno is getting all the attention in the Q, there are some other rookies that are impressing from right off the bat.
Maxime Comtois (C/LW) (1999) has 3g 6a 9pts 12pim in 8gm for Victoriaville
Antoine Morand (C) (1999) has 3g 3a 6pts 8pim in 8gm for Acadia-Bathurst
Jacktan Chainey (D) (1999) had 0g 5a 5pts 4pim in 6gm for Shawinigan

I'm not too familiar with prospects from the OHL and WHL, but in the first few games, Nick Suzuki (Owen Sound), Gabriel Vilardi (Windsor), Jack Studnicka (Oshawa), and Markus Philips (Owen Sound) have had good starts

and Jaret Anderson-Dolan (Spokane), Dawson Holt (Vancouver), Jordy Bellerive (Lethbridge), and Stelio Mattheos (Brandon) are also people to keep an eye on in the WHL

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad