Best Post Cap Team (Peak season)

Best Cap Team

• Total voters

silkyjohnson50

Jan 10, 2007
Another thing to keep in mind with 08 Detroit is that they had an awful stretch in February where their defense got injured and they went 1-8-2. There were games where their entire postseason top 4 missed (Lidstrom, Rafalski, and Kronwall out injured and Stuart not yet traded for.) Obviously injuries happen, especially in a full 82 game season (yes that’s a shot at Chicago,) but I think that kind of speaks to how dominant that team was considering that they still won the President’s Trophy with ease despite that off month.

Maplebeasts

I See Demons!!!!!
Oct 26, 2014
Barrie, Ontario
2013 Blackhawks if we're picking from only cup winners. The 2011 Canucks I think could hang with any team though post salary cap. That team was a sight to behold.

Bob and 200 others

Apr 30, 2012
I don't see how people can say hawks or bolts over the wings. Bolts have been the best team the last couple years but have struggled heavily against the jackets and isles. The 08 wings struggled against no one, and played like they were a part of a different league than everyone else. 08 pens destroyed everyone in the east until they met the wings, who made them look like an ahl team. Advanced stats back this up too.
What? Haven't they beat NY in 5 Of 5 playoff series lifetime? How is that struggling?

Luigi Lemieux

Sep 26, 2003
What? Haven't they beat NY in 5 Of 5 playoff series lifetime? How is that struggling?
Lifetime is irrelevant, I'm talking about the last two playoffs. They were nailbiters. 08 Detroit was not in any nailbiters, they were clearly a class above everyone.

Candyman

Aug 17, 2012
Indiana
Weird that 2 of the 3 options had a big cap hit player on IR all or most of the season then coasted to a cup.

I mean full credit for being dominant in the regular season without a big player, but I'm less impressed when your best player returns for the playoffs and you're dominant with the additions made while that player was out.

Of the options I'll take Detroit. That 2008 team was actually horrifying to play against.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad