Best player you ever dangled

IkeaMonkey*

Former Atlanta Thrashers prospect - Chad Denny
Former San Jose Sharks Prospect - PJ Fenton

Leafs87

Mr. Steal Your Job
Aug 10, 2010
Toronto
Ryan Murphy, lol we played AAA together our whole lives. Same team as Catenacci, and I'm telling you Catenacci is the steal in this years NHL draft. book it

He's off to the NHL next year, and I'm off to college hockey :(

Phil McKraken

Jul 13, 2010
Sweden
Tobias Enström. Well except for the dangling part (I went for more of a strategy of losing the puck and being awful in general), but I have played against him at least.

The Lollipop King

4th Line = all heart
Mar 9, 2008
Canada
Sometimes **** (lower skilled) players throw you off guard and can pull of a dangle. Playing against really skilled players I have a sense of what they are going to do, and also I probably try harder. When I see a bad player coming down 1 on 1 with me I ease up a bit, and they often do unexpected things that throw you off guard haha. I've been dangled once or twice by a person who has no business pulling a move on me lol.

Could also be that they move at slower speeds so it affects timing.

Maccas

Aug 26, 2010
England
Sometimes **** (lower skilled) players throw you off guard and can pull of a dangle. Playing against really skilled players I have a sense of what they are going to do, and also I probably try harder. When I see a bad player coming down 1 on 1 with me I ease up a bit, and they often do unexpected things that throw you off guard haha. I've been dangled once or twice by a person who has no business pulling a move on me lol.

I am one of these players.
It's not just dangles though, every now and again even the basic beginners can pull off moves that even they didn't think they would be able to.
I was training with my local RAF team (higher level than myself) and scored a beauty of a goal which even I didn't believe I had scored. Picked up the puck just outside the Blueline from a loose pass, drove into their zone, faked the D-man and went outside of him then cut back in protecting the puck, Deked the keeper into thinking I was gonna shoot backhand then dragged the puck across my body and wristed it underneath his glove.
There is no way I should have been able to pull that off against the opposition I was up against but every now and again things just work :D:laugh:

wesott11

May 13, 2009
huntington beach,CA
When I was younger I deked Rhett Rakhshani a few times... We used to play in the same summer league a long time ago... How things have changed dramatically...
Also played mcsorely in an adult league game and dangled him out to dry. Tried the same move two minutes later... Not so much... Ended up on my *** in an extremely embarrassing way from him. He didn't like that move very much... :laugh:

Finnish your Czech

J'aime Les offres hostiles
Nov 25, 2009
Toronto

This is the opposite of me. Dmen usually see me coming in with tons of speed, so they may be more prepared to do something, but they don't realize that you can sharpen skates with my hands :laugh: because they're 'stone'hands! HAHA

Jul 31, 2005
CA
I play in a league that has a team full of cops. One of them looked real familiar, wore the shortest ice hockey pants I've ever seen and had a sweet Magnum PI mustache. Turns out I dangled Lt. Jim Dangle.

tikkanen5rings*

2 days ago I dangled a professional

...powerlifter. I dangled him so good he almost beat me up when I taunted him like 20 mins.

But in all serialness in my junior hockey days I played with this one guy who was the greatest hockey player I've ever seen and a good friend of mine. He would've propably had a great career in the NHL but was forced to quit all sports because of serious back injury. AND I FRIGGIN DANGLED HIM!!! on my 5th thousand try...

Blueland89

Dec 1, 2009
Cartersville, Ga
Former Atlanta Thrashers prospect - Chad Denny
Former San Jose Sharks Prospect - PJ Fenton

Please I'm not down playing your dangle I just have to say Denny Sucks.

I dangle my 2 boston terriers all the time I take them to the inline rink with me and dangle those little stubby pylons. There actually pretty aggresive.

OrrNumber4

Jul 25, 2002
Considering that when I play out, I am a defenseman, I don't really get the opportunity too often. I've dangled a lot of people out in the corners. Really my speciality. Doesn't hurt that most of the bigger guys always try to crush me physically; doesn't work.

Probably done it to some journeymen eventual AHLers and ECHLers back when I was in college. The rink I played at used to get some players from upper-tier leagues all the time for shinny.

Exalted User
Dec 14, 2010
Babylon
Salming.

No really it's true. He came to our hockey camp one time when i was like 11 years old. He was looking the other way, talking to some parrents or coaches or some ****. So i sneaked up on him from behind, pulled the puck through his legs, bounced it of the boards and skated down the ice to put it in the empty net.

But when i turned arround to face the thunderous roar of the crown i realized. They wern't even ****ing WATCHING! And the other eleven year olds were off wrestling in a pile on the other side of the rink.

This was after a practice.

EDIT: I should also add, that after this huge dissapointment i came back arround but never went on to acchieve anything in hockey.

Last edited:

RobertKron

Sep 1, 2007
So... how many D1 college players and AHL/NHLers have you dangled in a hitting league?

Exactly.

Yeah, this.

It's a lot easier to do backflips and pull the puck through a guy's armpits when the guy isn't allowed to just smash you.

Czar

Apr 1, 2011
My biggest 'dangle' achievement was deking the hell out of a WHL player when I was 12 at a summer camp...I'd like to think it was natural talent, but I probably just caught him off guard. He actually grabbed the back of my jersey as I skated by to save face though haha.

Skraut

Jul 31, 2006
Enter city here
STICKHANDLING-AID-001-2.jpg

my dangle was so sweet he never even moved...

ChuckWoods

Sep 13, 2009
Im not a dangler, but I took a good run at Datsyuk/Zetterberg.

Done with hockey now tho.

jsykes

Dec 29, 2009
NoVa
I never got his name, but for an 8 year old at stick and shoot he was pretty damn good. I thought about starting a thread about it, but figured I'd come off so excited I wouldnt even be able to type straight.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad