Best player you ever dangled

Discussion in 'The Rink' started by BRONX_MADNESS*, Mar 27, 2011.

1. I've dangled a few former d-1 college guys during open ice. Who have you dangled? I'm pretty sure we got some danglers on this board who may have possibly dangled some guys now in the NHL. LET ME KNOW I'M INTERESTED. I doubt anyone dangled a top-4 NHL defenseman but forwards getting dangled I can see. Tell me your stories.

2. A 65 year old man.

3. Mr Atoz*

Mr Atoz* Guest

Michael Jackson's son off a balcony.

4. FrozenJagrt

FrozenJagrt Registered User

Hockey industry
    I once dangled the best defenseman on my team out of his jock. And he was like Lidstrom to us. So I guess you can say I dangled Lidstrom. Except his name was Mike. He was a ******. As payback, he brought me a can of Coke at a get together, it was all shaken and it sprayed all over me when I opened it.

This thread sucks.

5. RobertKron

RobertKron Registered User

Alexandre Dangle

6. kr580

kr580 Who knows.

I don't dangle, I pass and shoot and such.

In one small moment of brilliance in a small tournament I dangled thru the whole other team (literally... thru each of their feet) and hit the post. >.< Haven't even tried to dangle before or after that.

7. Cousin Eddie

Cousin Eddie You Serious Clark?

i watched my older brother dangle ex-nhl'er terry ryan in a recreation tournament. it was the best move i have ever seen. The best i have dangled were just a few good d'men in my junior b league but that doesn't happen often.

8. noobman

noobman Registered User

Anytime I dangle a really good guy (did it to an ex-OHLer once) I just remind myself that it's no-hitting, non-competitive hockey. He'd have probably destroyed me if he wanted to, and if he really cared to stop me he would have.

9. Rille

Rille Registered User

Nicklas Bäckström.

10. tarheelhockey

tarheelhockey Highest Boss

Excellent.

11. Jarick

Jarick Doing Nothing

Home Page:
    Nobody worth bragging about it on the internet.

12. gifted88

gifted88 Dante the poet

Aerospace
    I have hands of stone so dangle isn't even in my vocabulary.

13. ponder

ponder Registered User

This one time I dangled a former college player and got so excited that I just had to brag about it on the internet. I was really sneaky though and made it sound like I wanted to hear other people's stories too, when in reality it was just a thinly veiled brag. Nobody noticed or called me out at all.

14. HowToHockey

HowToHockey Registered User

Home Page:
    Simon Gagne - The plumber, not the NHL player

15. WickedWrister

WickedWrister Registered User

my brother?

16. ShawnTHW

ShawnTHW @ShawnTHW

I dont know the best player I ever dangled but I started playing roller hockey 4 years ago and within the past couple months switched to ice. It felt a lot different so I wasn't as good as I was on roller to begin and guys started to noticed. They pressured me a lot and I coughed up the puck. But on one occassion I guess every person on the other team never expected me to deke and dangle, so when I did it caught them off guard. Went through 3 guys and no one on my team was open so I just kept skating around and around until I dished it off. Don't think it led to a goal or anything but I was pleased that I was able to do it.

17. Axman

Axman MoreSkilledThanYou

Will this be part of the new Deke of the week?

18. smitty10

smitty10 Registered User

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

That's all this is.

19. BringTheReign

BringTheReign Registered User

2011 draft prospects Rocco Grimaldi and Shane McColgan. Grew up playing in the same divisions as them in roller and ice hockey.

I also scored a goal in a pick-up game against former Team USA women's goaltender Chanda Gunn. :handclap: :laugh:

20. Word it was so lovely, saw some open space at the blue line so I faked a saucer pass (actually I did like a 7 foot saucer pass but skated to the pass in mid air before it landed and went back to my original position in under 1 second) then backhand toedragged around Tony Amonte then dangled the hell out of some other former d-1 dude who watched helplessly sprawled on the ice as I roofed an impeccable slapshot past some AHL goalie who cried afterwards then I bought everybody heinekens.

True story all hubris aside. I wanna hear some good ones though like reality based.

21. cptjeff

cptjeff [insert joke here]

I manged to deke out the best defenseman in the league to get a clear path to the goal (didn't score on it unfortunately) in my second organized game ever. I haven't have a break as clean against him since. I've certainly gotten the better of him, but never as clean and pretty a deke.

Of course, the best looking one was recent. I was playing as the ringer on an intermural team here at school. The team I was on was not very good. Horrendous, in fact. The team we were facing was no great shakes either, but better then us.

Near the end of the second, I'm getting a little frustrated. I'm playing D, and get the puck behind the goal after taking it from one of their players. So I just start skating. I deke my way out of my end, take it up the ice, weaving through everybody, desperately poking, whacking, and trying to bump me off. I get through the two D who force me to squeeze between them, and the damn thing slides off my stick 10 feet in front of the goalie with no one there.

Frustrating as hell, but the rush would have looked damn impressive from the stands. Except for that whole "against weaker players bit".

22. keslehr*

keslehr* Guest

I've dangled a few guys who are drafted to the dub (Garret Forster, Demico Hannoun, Shane Kumar), as well as a current WHL player (Zach Hodder). The latter was when we were 12, though.

23. keslehr*

keslehr* Guest

Also, I scored (my last) goal for my local association in the sweetest way possible. Stickhandled all up the ice, toe drag in front of the D, flipped the puck over his head, skated around him and went cheds. I couldn't ****ing believe it.

24. BlackDog13

BlackDog13 Registered User

My son's friend. He's 12 but plays with 15 year olds.

Okay, I lied. :laugh:

25. Maccas

Maccas Registered User

The chair in my lounge!