• Thomas

Votes: 62 22.1%
  • Luongo

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018
Like I said, by next poll, I better see a good amount of Toews votes. Because using YOUR logic and YOUR evidence that you used, he’s the “better player.” Nothing confusing about that. In fact, it’s very straight forward. But let’s see if your mind can wrap around those facts
Nice strawman here the pill is for best player yet you are fixated on some imaginary conclusion that I never came to or put forward but instead you are trying to insert

Feel free to disagree but try to make your own arguments and not speak fasley of other people's arguments.

My argument was pretty clear as was my bringing up the poll results, the players didn't care about the injury and they actually read and answered the question that this thread is about,please try to do the same instead of distract and distort, it's not helpful.

GreatGonzo

Surrounded by Snowflakes
May 26, 2011
South Of the Tank
Nice strawman here the pill is for best player yet you are fixated on some imaginary conclusion that I never came to or put forward but instead you are trying to insert

Feel free to disagree but try to make your own arguments and not speak fasley of other people's arguments.

My argument was pretty clear as was my bringing up the poll results, the players didn't care about the injury and they actually read and answered the question that this thread is about,please try to do the same instead of distract and distort, it's not helpful.
players also said Toews>Malkin, even Datysuk>Malkin that year…so either you agree that the link is legit and that that’s factual, or your just picking and choosing from that link what you want to believe. It’s basic stuff.

Nothing to do with strawmen arguments or distorting anything. The link YOU provided as evidence has major flaws. Sorry if you don’t understand that. Sounds like a personal problem.

I expect the next poll to have guys like Giroux, Datysuk, Toews, and Stamkos to all have more votes than Malkin….because again, the players have spoken according to you.

The Grim Reaper

Sponsor
Apr 18, 2017
Hobart, Tasmania
players also said Toews>Malkin, even Datysuk>Malkin that year…so either you agree that the link is legit and that that’s factual, or your just picking and choosing from that link what you want to believe. It’s basic stuff.

Nothing to do with strawmen arguments or distorting anything. The link YOU provided as evidence has major flaws. Sorry if you don’t understand that. Sounds like a personal problem.

I expect the next poll to have guys like Giroux, Datysuk, Toews, and Stamkos to all have more votes than Malkin….because again, the players have spoken according to you.
986_06de69caa43a65b277f4e21075bd5868_obsession_eau_de_parfum.jpg

Reactions: wetcoast

MOGlLNY

Jan 5, 2008
Correct. Go get some fresh air, it's a nice autumn night. Save your energy for tomorrow's game.
Ironic that you’re saying that…sitting here, like me, on an internet site debating….well I wouldn’t call what you’re doing “debating.” You’re just being a troll. Take your own advice maybe?
Kids, kids... There's no need to fight and plenty to go around.. You're both awful.

• Haha
Reactions: GreatGonzo

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
Stamkos had a 60 goal year and got badly injured the following season. He was never really the same. Kind of similar story to Jermey Roenick in that injuries derailed him as he was taking off. Stamkos would’ve been a much better player otherwise.

Stammer still had some really good elite level seasons after his injuries. Heck, he set a career high in points in 2022. Still ends dup with a bunch of years where he finished top 10 in goals/points but yea, likely adds tot hat if he doesn't get hurt in 2014 or 2017.

Since the NHL neglected to go to the Olympics in 2018 & 2022, and with no guarantee he makes the 2026 squad, might end up without an Olympic Gold too.

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
Stammer still had some really good elite level seasons after his injuries. Heck, he set a career high in points in 2022. Still ends dup with a bunch of years where he finished top 10 in goals/points but yea, likely adds tot hat if he doesn't get hurt in 2014 or 2017.
You’re right, yes he did. He came back but it was much later on. After his 60 goal year he was seen as the next big scorer and then got hurt. It’s disingenuous to say he was inconsistent.’ The reality is that he got hurt and it derailed his career.

Video Nasty

Mar 12, 2017
You’re right, yes he did. He came back but it was much later on. After his 60 goal year he was seen as the next big scorer and then got hurt. It’s disingenuous to say he was inconsistent.’ The reality is that he got hurt and it derailed his career.

He was already seen as that. Prior to his 60 goal campaign, he won a Rocket and was second in goals the next year.

After winning Rocket #2, he finished second again. Four straight top 2 finishes from 2009-2010 through 2012-2013.

Then through the day before he played the game he got injured in during the 2013-2014 season, he had 14 goals and 23 points in 16 games. He was tied for the league lead in goals and points and was the leader in PPG a month in.

Of course, add in the point finishes of 5, 5, 2, 2 in the 4 prior seasons and he was well on his way to being the best player to debut after Crosby, Ovechkin, and Malkin and before McDavid. We also lost our only consistent threat to Ovechkin’s eventual stranglehold on the Rocket.

I agree that people are being disingenuous with their comments. He got derailed by injuries, it is what it is, and he has still carved out a really nice career, but he’s a much more interesting what if than Crosby for instance who ultimately accomplished so much as an individual regardless.

It frustrates me as well when people act oblivious about Stamkos and don’t play the what if game for him like they do with so many other players.

TheStatican

Mar 14, 2012
Not sure what injuries in subsequent years have to do with how Stamkos was an inconsistent scorer in his first 3 seasons in the league, but ok? Or perhaps you think middle of his peak Crosby was also going to score at only a 25-goal 65-point season-long pace for the season half of this season had he played.

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
Not sure what injuries in subsequent years have to do with how Stamkos was an inconsistent scorer in his first 3 seasons in the league, but ok?
Not sure why you’d bring this up at all. Nathan Mackinnon took a few years. Stamkos’ rookie year was good and then he put up great numbers. The point is that he had ‘arrived’ and put up a 60 goal year. He was poised to be the next big scorer and then he got hurt. Saying he was inconsistent is disingenuous. He was primed to put up huge numbers.

Or perhaps you think middle of his peak Crosby was also going to score at only a 25-goal 65-point season-long pace for the season half of this season had he played.

Crosby has zero to do with anything here. Whether he or OV would be better or not is beside the point.

The point is injuries got in the way of what should’ve been an awesome prime.

Last edited:

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
He was already seen as that. Prior to his 60 goal campaign, he won a Rocket and was second in goals the next year.

After winning Rocket #2, he finished second again. Four straight top 2 finishes from 2009-2010 through 2012-2013.

Then through the day before he played the game he got injured in during the 2013-2014 season, he had 14 goals and 23 points in 16 games. He was tied for the league lead in goals and points and was the leader in PPG a month in.

Of course, add in the point finishes of 5, 5, 2, 2 in the 4 prior seasons and he was well on his way to being the best player to debut after Crosby, Ovechkin, and Malkin and before McDavid. We also lost our only consistent threat to Ovechkin’s eventual stranglehold on the Rocket.

I agree that people are being disingenuous with their comments. He got derailed by injuries, it is what it is, and he has still carved out a really nice career, but he’s a much more interesting what if than Crosby for instance who ultimately accomplished so much as an individual regardless.

It frustrates me as well when people act oblivious about Stamkos and don’t play the what if game for him like they do with so many other players.
Yes, he’s a HOFer. But it took him a while to put his game back together. Much of his prime was derailed by injury though, not inconsistency.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad