• Jean Pronovost

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Dessloch

DOPS keeping NHL players unsafe like its their job
Nov 29, 2005
Malkin was far more important to the Penguins than jagr. Who won individual awards n was a selfish guy

What? Jaromir Jagr won 2 Stanley cups with the Pens tallying 37 points in 45 games including a couple of OT game winners in these playoffs, one of them in the cup final.

And then saved the franchise from relocating by dragging a shit team to the playoffs every season when Mario retired while dominating the league like nobody else except Mario and 99 had done before. Without Jagr Crosby and Malkin would have played their careers elsewhere than Pittsburgh.

Last edited:
Reactions: Goodman68

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
Sponsor
May 25, 2014
Pronovist or Lemieux. Coin flip really

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018
I think the wording of these is hurting to some degree along with obvious recency bias. For the Flyers for example, I think you can make a case that Lindros was a better player than Clarke in terms of ability, which could satisfy the poll question “best player in franchise history”, but if it’s for best Flyer in terms of play, achievements, longevity, legacy, etc, it’s obviously not close.

I’d say 3 and 4 are debatable. Jagr has the better regular season prime, individual awards and durability on his side, but Malkin has longevity, playoffs and team success on his side and they’re not far apart in peak play.

If one is taking "best" literally then sure it's Mario and his video game stats but better player and career overall Crosby has a case (the strength of it is open for debate but Mario wasn't anything special as an all around player at ES) but those voting MAF?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad