• Jean Pronovost

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

toothlessgoon

Apr 18, 2020
Previous poll winners

Toronto Maple Leafs: Auston Matthews (30.5%)
Montreal Canadiens: Jean Beliveau (43.9)
New York Rangers: Brian Leetch (48.7%)
Chicago Blackhawks: Bobby Hull (57.2%)
Detroit Red Wings: Gordie Howe (81.3%)
Boston Bruins: Bobby Orr (91.1%)
St. Louis Blues: Brett Hull (82.2%)
Philadelphia Flyers: Bobby Clarke (65.7%)

Last edited:

Johnny Tomala

Jan 24, 2017
So 5 super Crosby fans and 3 super Jagr fans voted for them. The vote for Letang is clearly missclick by someone who wanted to vote for Lemieux.

pcruz

Mar 7, 2013
Vaughan
Voters should be visible. Would love to see who didn't vote for Howe, Orr and Lemieux. Guaranteed even Gretzky won't get 100% for the Oilers.
I agree completely.

Good f***ing Lord.

There are good players, then there are great players.
There are hall of fame players.
There are the special list of hall of fame players that everyone reminisces about whether they watched them or not.
And then there is Mario, Wayne, Gordie and Bobby.

What those 4 mean to the sport is unprecedented and on any given day they can be considered the greatest player of all time - depending on what you personally believe makes one player greater than another. There isn't a wrong answer as to which was the greatest, but there is a "more correct" answer.

93gilmour93

Feb 27, 2010
Anyone who doesn’t think it’s Lemieux needs to put the booze away….

093C1B02-5B9B-49F4-932A-D2C674AEB72A.gif

Reactions: KrakenFan92

nowhereman

Jan 24, 2010
Los Angeles
Voters should be visible. Would love to see who didn't vote for Howe, Orr and Lemieux. Guaranteed even Gretzky won't get 100% for the Oilers.
Some of the voting percentages from the other polls are just ludicrous. Howe with only 81% of the votes for Detroit, even though he's a top 3 player of all time, won them 4 Cups and played 25 seasons for them? 57% for Bobby Hull, a top 10 player of all time? Clarke with only 65%, when no other Flyer is even remotely close to his legacy?

Reactions: jigglysquishy

Regal

Mar 12, 2010
Vancouver
Some of the voting percentages from the other polls are just ludicrous. Howe with only 81% of the votes for Detroit, even though he's a top 3 player of all time, won them 4 Cups and played 25 seasons for them? 57% for Bobby Hull, a top 10 player of all time? Clarke with only 65%, when no other Flyer is even remotely close to his legacy?

I think the wording of these is hurting to some degree along with obvious recency bias. For the Flyers for example, I think you can make a case that Lindros was a better player than Clarke in terms of ability, which could satisfy the poll question “best player in franchise history”, but if it’s for best Flyer in terms of play, achievements, longevity, legacy, etc, it’s obviously not close.

1) Mario
2) Crosby
3) Jagr
4) Malkin

this is not debatable.

I’d say 3 and 4 are debatable. Jagr has the better regular season prime, individual awards and durability on his side, but Malkin has longevity, playoffs and team success on his side and they’re not far apart in peak play.

Last edited:

kerrabria

May 3, 2018
I’d say 3 and 4 are debatable. Jagr has the better regular season prime, individual awards and durability on his side, but Malkin has longevity, playoffs and team success on his side and they’re not far apart in peak play.
I LOVE Malkin, but it's not debatable. Even regarding your points...

MalkinJagr
Total seasons1611
Reg Season GP981806
Playoff GP172140
Playoff Points176147
Cups32
Smythe10
Playoff series wins2016
President's Trophies01
Division Titles45

Malkin has not had more success than Jagr given their time frames. Plus, Jagr wore the C for three years. Something Malkin will never do.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad