OT: Best pizza in Edmonton

Up the Irons

Mar 9, 2008
Canada
funny that this thread got bumped today, as I had a real hankering for the best pizza in town, and am currently eating it!!!

Versato's T-rex. hands down. no doubt about it.

sepHF

Patreeky
Feb 12, 2010
funny that this thread got bumped today, as I had a real hankering for the best pizza in town, and am currently eating it!!!

Versato's T-rex. hands down. no doubt about it.

That stuff is too much for me :laugh: no thanks on the meat sweats.

McGhostbuster

Who ya gonna call?
Apr 30, 2007
Edmonton
I like Versatos and all but they pretty much buy bulk deli meat for their toppings.

Nitza's in the Park is probably my favourite now though.

Replacement*

Checked out
Apr 15, 2005
Hiking
I make a pretty good pizza actually.

Dough from scratch? Just curious.

I once hit on a great dough recipe involving beer (what could sound better) but lost the recipe somewhere and forgot how I made it. Crust always seems to be too bland, too thin, too doughy since. The beer recipe had the best uniform rising and taste.

I also like my own pizza sauce and amped with flavor. Use more than most places do.

As with any homemade pizza mine is definitely more loaded than the sparse *pies* you get anywhere..

Seedling

Tier 7 fan (ballcap)
Jul 16, 2009
Canada
We do pizza on our BBQ. Homemade dough and all. It's a lot of fun for a summer night because they cook so fast that you need lots of runners and the pizzas are about 7-8 inches with a very thin crust similar to a tortilla (thickness wise).

Just google it. It's fantastic way to spend a summer dinner with friends. Also, pre cook a lot of things like your veggies as they are only on the BBQ for about 4-5 minutes.

It's worth the effort.

Sniper99

Jan 12, 2011
Edmonton
I know the topic is "Edmonton Pizza", but I'm new to Millwoods. Does anybody have any suggestions for pizza, (or other good restaurants) down here in the hood?

Thanks

Royal Pizza in the Mill Woods Town Centre parking lot
Boston Pizza just a block east of MWTC
Papa Johns
Pizza hut just north of MWTC
Pizza 73 50th and about 44 avenue

abootzky

Jun 15, 2007
Nitza's in the Park is probably my favourite now though.

'Real' Nitza's by the Mac's store on Wye Rd. or Sherwood Nitza's just south of Superstore on Graham Rd.? Believe me, it matters to them which one you mean. We regularly buy from Nitza's on Wye because a) it's close to our house and b) the other one's a little sketchy. The previously mentioned Jepama's on Lakeland Dr. is better than both of them (and NO I don't own the place!).

McGhostbuster

Who ya gonna call?
Apr 30, 2007
Edmonton
'Real' Nitza's by the Mac's store on Wye Rd. or Sherwood Nitza's just south of Superstore on Graham Rd.? Believe me, it matters to them which one you mean. We regularly buy from Nitza's on Wye because a) it's close to our house and b) the other one's a little sketchy. The previously mentioned Jepama's on Lakeland Dr. is better than both of them (and NO I don't own the place!).

Real Nitza's on Wye.

I feel like I need to try Jepema's again. Tried it way back when it opened and thought it was average at best.

nabob

Big Daddy Kane
Aug 3, 2005
HF boards
Yup. Not sure what the deal is with that place, but they don't stay in business with the food and drinks.

When the server tells you 30 to 45 minutes for your pizza it's a big hmmmm.

I went there last night thanks to this thread and wasn't dissapointed. Server told me the same thing that it would be about 35 minutes for our pizza. So we ordered some salt and rouge wings (amazing) and the pizza was out as soon as we were done those, about 20 minutes. Drinks were normal priced as well.

Not the best pizza I've ever had but it was pretty good

Panda Bear

Apr 2, 2010
I hate Royal Pizza for the reasons why some people love it: thick crust, loads of cheese, not much sauce, etc.

Tony's Pizza Palace on 96 St and 111 Ave has some great American-style pizza. Their Penne Sambuca dish is amazing too.

I like Rosso Pizzeria on 109 St and 87 Ave a lot. The owner's even from Italy. Good ****.

Approved Variety

Nov 14, 2010
Oh man, I used to live just down the road from there. Fantastic pizza.

Yeah, me too. 5 blocks away. Honestly, Versato's is amazing and awe-inspiring, but I can only eat that once a year, lol...

And Royal Pizza is ok, but Dallas pizza is the same style of pizza, but done better. If RP is your favorite style of pizza, try Dallas. It's worth it, despite the name. Better sauce, slightly better crust and cheese, similar ingredients. Overall similar, just a bit better across the board.

dustrock

Too Legit To Quit
Sep 22, 2008
I hate Royal Pizza for the reasons why some people love it: thick crust, loads of cheese, not much sauce, etc.

I like Rosso Pizzeria on 109 St and 87 Ave a lot. The owner's even from Italy. Good ****.

I feel the same about RP.

I'll check out Rosso.

Replacement*

Checked out
Apr 15, 2005
Hiking
Some real pizza aficionados here.

I keep hearing about it but don't know. What is the difference between real meet pizza toppings and deli meat used as pizza toppings.

I know I try to go for more heavily smoked meats in pizzas and will slice prime cuts myself. Even slice a good ham for Ham and Pineapple vs using deli cut. I like to get the thickness and cut just right.

Anyway if I was young again and could burn calories like water Versatos sounds good.

Eirhead*

Not in Edmonton, but there's a Pizza Delight in Fort Saskatchewan, they make amazing pizzas.

Big Mess

Oct 9, 2010
Some real pizza aficionados here.

I keep hearing about it but don't know. What is the difference between real meet pizza toppings and deli meat used as pizza toppings.

I know I try to go for more heavily smoked meats in pizzas and will slice prime cuts myself. Even slice a good ham for Ham and Pineapple vs using deli cut. I like to get the thickness and cut just right.

Anyway if I was young again and could burn calories like water Versatos sounds good.
One obvious difference is the spelling. :sarcasm:

Mowzie

Sep 17, 2003
A little out of the way, but if anyone comes to Slave Lake, try Alimo's. We get many customers coming in who beg us to open up show in Edmonton/Calgary/other cities. We have a hand full of guys who order half baked pizza to take back with them to the city.

Approved Variety

Nov 14, 2010
When I make a basic pizza at home, I just get my local deli to finely slice pepperoni and salami- the thinnest they'll do.

I pile it high because the fiancee likes Versato's more than I do, so it's a thinner crust version of theirs, lol.

I'll save the finer cuts of meat for non-pizza meals.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad