Best One-Timer?

Best one-timer?

• Total voters

The Moose is Loose

Jun 28, 2017
St.Louis
Stamkos has arguably the nicest 1-timer in the league over the past decade. The only competition is Ovi who scores more 1-timer goals but his shooting percentage would indicate he’s taking that shot over twice as much.

Reactions: DownIsTheNewUp

Canes

Oct 31, 2017
An Oblate Spheroid
Only Ovechkin is close or possibly better than Hull. Hull in his prime was arguably the best of all-time in most type of shots, including one-timers. Hull played in a higher scoring era but Kovalchuk, Ovechkin and Stamkos played in a golden era of stick technology which certainly helps as well.

Stamkos has arguably the nicest 1-timer in the league over the past decade. The only competition is Ovi who scores more 1-timer goals but his shooting percentage would indicate he’s taking that shot over twice as much.
That doesn't necessarily mean Stamkos is better. Ovechkin's release has always been stupidly quick allowing him to get more chances. One-timers are the most difficult shot to get off in the current era other than a straight slap shot.

Reactions: grentthealien

KirkAlbuquerque

#WeNeverGetAGoodCoach
Mar 12, 2014
New York
someone please post that Stamkos one timer where he was like on the goal line and got a pass from the point and one timed it beautifully, from like 1 degree angle. That is some serious skill.

Reactions: DownIsTheNewUp

ESH

Jun 19, 2011
I think Hull, Stamkos, Kovalchuk, and Ovechkin would be the top-4 of all time. Is there anyone else that could crack into that group?

Reactions: Offtheboard412

Fixxer

Jul 28, 2016
Kovalchuk never had a 60 goal season like the 2 others.... but he never had a Oates/Martin St.Louis to pass him the puck.

Reactions: Dutronc

JasonRoseEh

Oct 23, 2018
It's Ovechkin but the poll is between these 3 sooooo...

It's hard to go against Hull here but if Stamkos didn't get injured he'd still be piling up goals from the same circle and his shot is/was insane. People will poo poo Kovalchuk here as his wrister seems to be the patented shot but on the the Thrashers his one T was the best in the league and he can still hammer it home now.

Splitting hairs but I don't think you can pick against Hull but I'd take all 3 to shoot the puck from a one timer and day of the week.

Offtheboard412

Feb 26, 2012
Splitting hairs between these 3. I give the nod to kovalchuk because he was shooting it from farther out than the other 2. Laine is the only guy I've seen since him that can consistently go bar down from the point like Kovalchuk.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad