Value of: Best offer for those players from Montréal

CTHabsfan

Jul 28, 2007
Why? The Canadiens have plenty of draft picks, I don't see why they are making these trades.

Barron: maybe you make him part of a package deal, or maybe a spot opens for him when someone else gets traded.

Montembeault or Primeau: who is going to backup the remaining goalie? The Habs have no one ready in their system to be a #2 in the NHL.

Armia: probably makes the most sense, but the Canadiens aren't desperate for cap space, Armia is playing well enough to deserve ice time, and there is only one year left on his contract. I'd just as soon keep him rather than getting a 2nd-round pick and retaining salary.

Bouboumaster

Jul 4, 2014
Why? The Canadiens have plenty of draft picks, I don't see why they are making these trades.

Barron: maybe you make him part of a package deal, or maybe a spot opens for him when someone else gets traded.

Montembeault or Primeau: who is going to backup the remaining goalie? The Habs have no one ready in their system to be a #2 in the NHL.

Armia: probably makes the most sense, but the Canadiens aren't desperate for cap space, Armia is playing well enough to deserve ice time, and there is only one year left on his contract. I'd just as soon keep him rather than getting a 2nd-round pick and retaining salary.
I like draft picks. Draft picks give options to either move a bad contract, or trade up, etc. For now, we should stack them, and when we're ready to compete, we should sell them for weaponry (players)

Barron: we are loaded with good young defensemen prospects, we don't even know what we're going to do with them
Is Barron going to play above either Reinbacher or Mailloux in the future?
No.
So let's not waste our assets for nothing, and let's go get a player

Montembeault or Primeau: I think we could get a good asset from a playoff team with suspicious goaltending
Monty has been solid for two years in a row now, even tho he's playing for a turdrrible team, and Primeau has shown a lot of promises in the last past few games. We keep one of them.
We could pick one or two back-ups this summer on the cheap, and wait for Fowler, Dobes or both to come-up

Armia: he's been really solid since he came back, and 1.7M is cheap for what he brings. If we can get a 2nd, or more for him, I say we take that

CTHabsfan

Jul 28, 2007
I like draft picks. Draft picks give options to either move a bad contract, or trade up, etc. For now, we should stack them, and when we're ready to compete, we should sell them for weaponry (players)

Barron: we are loaded with good young defensemen prospects, we don't even know what we're going to do with them
Is Barron going to play above either Reinbacher or Mailloux in the future?
No.
So let's not waste our assets for nothing, and let's go get a player

Montembeault or Primeau: I think we could get a good asset from a playoff team with suspicious goaltending
Monty has been solid for two years in a row now, even tho he's playing for a turdrrible team, and Primeau has shown a lot of promises in the last past few games. We keep one of them.
We could pick one or two back-ups this summer on the cheap, and wait for Fowler, Dobes or both to come-up

Armia: he's been really solid since he came back, and 1.7M is cheap for what he brings. If we can get a 2nd, or more for him, I say we take that
The Canadiens already have a lot of picks to move bad contracts, trade up, etc. I don't see a desperate need to add a bunch more 2nd-rounders.

Barron: maybe he doesn't play above Reinbacher or Mailloux, but a team does need three RHD. Even if Barron isn't part of the Habs future I'd rather make him part of a package rather than settling for a 2nd-round pick.

Montembeault or Primeau: why would a playoff team with suspicious goaltending want to trade a 1st-round pick for someone who isn't an established #1 goalie and has no NHL playoff experience? If they are looking for a backup they can find someone this summer on the cheap.

Armia: not interested in retaining 50% and getting a 2nd-rounder and I don't think anyone would be offering the Canadiens that much this summer. If he plays this well next season he can be traded at 50% on an expiring contract and the Habs could get more than a 2nd-rounder.

TBF1972

May 19, 2018
Montréal will take the best offer available for those players.

- Justin Barron (starting point: a 2nd)

- Choice of Montembeault or Cayden Primeau (Starting point: a 1st)

- Joel Armia (at 50% -> starting point a 2nd)

Anyone interested?
you don't even have retention slot before the draft

Wayfarer13

Jun 21, 2020
Barron is 6 months away from being free on waivers

Nobody is spending a 1st on goalies of that caliber, especially with Monty's questionable extension.

Armia at 50% might net you a 3rd at most, for someone who's his size you sould want at least triple the physicality he provides
If Monty plays at the world championships again (played well last year) does it take away the questionable mindset?

Mrfenn92

Proud to be American
Sponsor
Nov 27, 2018
Chicago,Illinois
Think the habs are better off with sticking with Barron. If not prospect type of swap.
Montembeault should get a decent return but don’t see Hughes moving him after the extension.
Can’t see any way at all Primeau comes near a first at all.
Trade Armia at the next deadline if he continues doing well. No reason to use a retention spot this early. Can’t see a second coming back at least early in the off season.

Last edited:

Lockin17

Jul 31, 2018
Barron is 6 months away from being free on waivers

Nobody is spending a 1st on goalies of that caliber, especially with Monty's questionable extension.

Armia at 50% might net you a 3rd at most, for someone who's his size you sould want at least triple the physicality he provides
Barron will not be put on waiver, next year he will be a full NHLer, took him more time to get there than previously though but he's there now.

Nico Cauzuki

Jul 19, 2009
King Of The North
im guessing Barrons value isnt that high right now alot of defenders been passing him since last year and things wont get better with Mailloux and Reinbacher coming soon best option would be a package deal

No point in trading Monty or Primeau value wont be that high and they been playing good for us so better to be patient

Armia will for sure be traded next deadline his value will depend on his season hopefully a 2nd

Bijelo

Oct 23, 2022
First Flat

Anyone interested?

Armia should not go to other club.

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018
If i'm Mtl, I would try to trade Barron for a comparable fwd and not a pick.
I agree with this. I think someone like Kaliyev fits that description.

A 2nd round pick is not going to make a dent. We have so many picks over the next 2 years that we need to focus on actual players (Draft + 3 / Draft + 4) with potential.

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Oct 23, 2014

Anyone interested?

images

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad