Best Middleweights that can play hockey?

AlvintheChoster

Nov 23, 2010
VanCity
Yes, this idea was taken from the "Best heavyweights that can play hockey".

There seem to be more middleweights that can play hockey than heavyweights. Three names that come to mind are Cody Mcleod, Shawn Thornton, and Zenon Konopka. Any more?

AlvintheChoster

Nov 23, 2010
VanCity
Kevin Bieksa.

??

Yeah def. Thornton... does Lucic count as a middle weight too?

Bieksa doesn't fight a lot, but he is actually a really good fighter. According to hockeyfights.com (i know, not the most reliable), he is like 26-2-1 or something.... I may be wayyyyy off on the numbers so if someone can correct me it would be greatly appreciated :)

But ya I guess Lucic would count as well.

Amadeus

Stand Witness
Jun 21, 2004
Toronto
You all hate him but he's probably one of the best middleweights. I'm talking about Matt Cooke.

Brandon Prust is a really good one as well. So is Chris Neil.

JL17

Mar 12, 2009
London
Prust at its not close... 15+ minutes of dependable smart hockey and has 15 points and is a + rating.

straka91*

Well Neil gets my number 1.
Engelland, can hang with some of HW's and plays pretty good D so he def my number 2.

Asham, Carbomb, Konopka, Prust, and Brown are tied for number 3.

McGreat One

Jan 1, 2010
However much i hate the guy, Avery is a pretty decent scrapper and rarely takes a beating when he do fight.

Paris in Flames

Feb 4, 2009
If you drop Colton Orr twice, I don't think you qualify as a middleweight anymore.

Yeah. I'm looking at you Engelland.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
McCormick isn't a true heavyweight, but he's a game fighter and tangled with guys who are clearly over his class and not been destroyed in any of his 10 fights this season. And he's chipping in some timely offense (6-7-13) and a plus 3 for the year. Not the best, but he's a decent energy line player and a good fighter.

arsmaster*

Its Kevin Bieksa and it isnt close.

I remember an interview with George Parros a couple years back, and he was asked who the toughest guy in the league is, who isnt considered a "tough guy"....Parros didnt even think before he said Bieksa.

I can think of one fight where he lost in his whole career, and it was against Eager who had 20-30lbs on him. He didnt lose as much as he ate a really good right hand in the mouth, but kept going....it was the fight that had UFC-like take downs.

Sean Avery? was that a joke, he doesnt even fight light weights, he fights non-fighters and euros.

Matt Cooke....if it wasnt for him getting his ass kicked by Steve Moore, Bertuzzi would not have had to sucker punch him. Matt Cooke has never won a fight in his career, his patented move in most fights is the turtle.

moog35

Jul 25, 2007
Its Kevin Bieksa and it isnt close.

I remember an interview with George Parros a couple years back, and he was asked who the toughest guy in the league is, who isnt considered a "tough guy"....Parros didnt even think before he said Bieksa.

I can think of one fight where he lost in his whole career, and it was against Eager who had 20-30lbs on him. He didnt lose as much as he ate a really good right hand in the mouth, but kept going....it was the fight that had UFC-like take downs.

Sean Avery? was that a joke, he doesnt even fight light weights, he fights non-fighters and euros.

Matt Cooke....if it wasnt for him getting his ass kicked by Steve Moore, Bertuzzi would not have had to sucker punch him. Matt Cooke has never won a fight in his career, his patented move in most fights is the turtle.

agree with Bieksa

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad