Best Line in the NHL

Which is the best line in the NHL?

• JEFF SKINNER / JACK EICHEL / SAM REINHART

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Just Linda

Feb 24, 2018
If I had an O zone faceoff, of course I'd pick the Avs line right now. If it was 3 on 3 I'd choose the Avs line. For any other reason, Boston. I chose Boston.

Canada Drai

Dwemer Remix
Oct 4, 2017
EDM?

tumblr_ma52qzVsRo1rvwttvo1_500.gif
EDM-lights-EDC.jpg

SotasicA

Aug 25, 2014
Point's two-way play, Kucherov's raw point totals and the success of that Lightning team make it at least the best performing line in the league.

Absolute best? I don't know. I voted Avs but maybe they've been over-achieving.

A4T1L6

Feb 10, 2015
wait I just looked up the Flames line and damn they are putting up points

J T Money

Biggest Bozo
Jan 21, 2016
Tampa
Boston/Calgary
Colorado

Top line on the best team (by a very large margin) is the clear winner here. The fact that they are so dominate, it allows the team to maintain that scoring depth.

Calgary and Boston are fantastic lines. Defensively, I'd say Boston is the best by a decent margin over the rest, but overall, I'd put Calgary up there with them due to their offensive effectiveness.

Colorado is 4th only because the team is falling apart (due to zero depth). If they were the best, they'd be good enough to hold it together.

TruePowerSlave

Jun 27, 2015
Tampa
Boston/Calgary
Colorado

Top line on the best team (by a very large margin) is the clear winner here. The fact that they are so dominate, it allows the team to maintain that scoring depth.

Calgary and Boston are fantastic lines. Defensively, I'd say Boston is the best by a decent margin over the rest, but overall, I'd put Calgary up there with them due to their offensive effectiveness.

Colorado is 4th only because the team is falling apart (due to zero depth). If they were the best, they'd be good enough to hold it together.
Have you watched what kind of a team the Avalanche are when the top line is not on the ice? Look at the roster and the games, that line is doing everything that can be done to drag a mediocre at best team to the playoffs. The Avs have not won a single game this season when the 1st line has not created 2 goals or more, that is pathetic. The Avs flat out suck when the 1st line is not on the ice, hard to put the lack of success on them.

Last edited:

J T Money

Biggest Bozo
Jan 21, 2016
Have you watched what kind of a team the Avalanche are when the top line is not on the ice? Look at the roster and the games, that line is doing everything that can be done to drag a mediocre at best team to the playoffs. The Avs have not won a single game this season when the 1st line has not created 2 goals or more, that is pathetic. The Avs flat out suck when the 1st line is not on the ice, hard to put the lack of success on them.

I was never disputing the teams success - that's entirely because of the first line. Now that they're faultering, the rest of the team is falling apart.

I stated that they have zero depth. My perception is that even when they stay off the board, they should be able to get the rest of the team to step up and try (unless they're completely void of talant, which is likely).

I worded things kind of weird but that's just my perception of them.

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018
As much as it pain me to say it its the Bruins line. Sure the Avs trio is devastating offensively but the Bruins line has 2 players on it(Bergeron and Marchand) who are absolutely terrific defensively. To me the Bruins line has the perfect combination and each guy compliments the other

I agree here but Bergeron gets injured every year now and that has to be part of the equation for me.

Took the Calgary line, then McDavid/Draisaitl and then the Avs 3some then Boston's 3.

Sstroh84

May 28, 2015
Columbus, OH

1. But you are correct. Columbus doesn't need to be included in this poll...

heretik27

Apr 18, 2013
Winnipeg
By that table, Pittsburgh's trio looks the most impressive to me. They more than triple the amount of goals they've given up.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad