Best Line in the NHL

Which is the best line in the NHL?

• JEFF SKINNER / JACK EICHEL / SAM REINHART

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

TruePowerSlave

Jun 27, 2015
The Avs 1st is a monster. They produce more than any other line in the league and carry an otherwise weak team night in and night out. Everyone knows it and still they cannot shut them down.

MacKinnon 5th
Landeskog 19th

GOALS
Landeskog 6th
MacKinnon 10th
Rantanen 25th

+/-
MacKinnon 15th
Rantanen 18th
Landeskog 19th

The Avs are 0-12-4 when the top line scores less than 2 goals in a game.

The Avalanche have scored 157 goals so far and at least one member of that line has been a part of 94 of those goals, almost 60%.

They have been held scoreless 5 times.

garyturner3

Jun 16, 2015
COL's line is obviously having the best season without a doubt, but if there's one line I would fear going up against the most in the playoffs, it's still the Bergeron line. That fear is well on its way to becoming a reality for us Leaf fans again unfortunately.

Sstroh84

May 28, 2015
Columbus, OH
Artemi Panarin(18G-34A-52P) - Pierre Luc Dubois(17G-25A-42P) - Cam Atkinson(27G-21A-48P)

Feel like this line is being underrated a bit.

After these three the next two top scorers on the team are Zach Werenski(9-18-27) and Seth Jones (7-20-27) yet the team is in 1st place in the Metro division. Also a top 10 scoring team in GF/G while having the 27th ranked PP.

LetsGoBLUES91

Jan 8, 2013
The Avs 1st is a monster. They produce more than any other line in the league and carry an otherwise weak team night in and night out. Everyone knows it and still they cannot shut them down.

The Avs are 0-12-4 when the top line scores less than 2 goals in a game.

The Avalanche have scored 157 goals so far and at least one member of that line has been a part of 94 of those goals, almost 60%.

They have been held scoreless 5 times.

I mean come on. Some great lines up there but how is this not the Avalanche 100%?

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
This is the Avs pretty easily. They carry that team more than any other line in the league. Every team comes in with the sole focus of shutting them down and it almost never happens.

Sstroh84

May 28, 2015
Columbus, OH
This is the Avs pretty easily. They carry that team more than any other line in the league. Every team comes in with the sole focus of shutting them down and it almost never happens.

Then why do they keep losing? A top line that scores a bunch of goals, but the team keeps losing doesn't seem like the best line in the league.

780il

edm
May 29, 2018
Edmonton AB
1. Avs
2. Bruins
3. Oilers
4. Winnipeg
5. Tampa

Chiasson - Mcdavid - Draisaitl needs to be an option at least.

Why is the Preds line even on here? Their not even close to the others.

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
Then why do they keep losing? A top line that scores a bunch of goals, but the team keeps losing doesn't seem like the best line in the league.

Because the other 3 lines aren’t very good? One line can’t win you every game. Tampa bay and Calgary’s lines are also crazy good but they have the luxury of having a legit 2nd line to take some of the pressure of their top line.

WetcoastOrca

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 3, 2011
Vancouver, BC
For me the top line needs to take into account not just which scores the most points. It needs to look st the net benefit it brings including shutting down other teams top lines.
I’m honestly surprised so many are taking Colorado. I’d take Boston’s pretty easily here. Match than line against the Colorado line and the Bruins line would come out ahead.

bobholly39

Mar 10, 2013
I would definitely have Colorado safely at #1 for now.

Boston definitely has a case for #2 (and maybe to retake#1). Tampa probably too, though i'm less familiar with the exact line. Those are top 3 i think

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
For me the top line needs to take into account not just which scores the most points. It needs to look st the net benefit it brings including shutting down other teams top lines.
I’m honestly surprised so many are taking Colorado. I’d take Boston’s pretty easily here. Match than line against the Colorado line and the Bruins line would come out ahead.

They did get matched up earlier this season and as per usual they dominated.

Reactions: Backcheckmonster3

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
From a scoring and defensive point of view. I have to think about this. I was going to say one line in my mind. But want to give this more thought.

TruePowerSlave

Jun 27, 2015
Its almost like hockey is a team sport, wild idea I know

They did and the Avs top line came out on top, Rantanen walked the Bruins 1st for a highlight reel goal

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
Lol! One game sample size. Want me to find one game where the Avs trio lost to another line and extrapolate a similar conclusion.
Yikes!

In a 7 game series against any team I’d feel confident that the Avs would come out and dominate ~4 games. They’re too good and versatile.

North Cole

♧ Lem
Jan 22, 2017
Missing a bunch of top end talent to put the likes of Nashville's or Buffalo's up there.
Baffling.

EDM/TB/WSH are all superior to those two at least.

EDM?

tumblr_ma52qzVsRo1rvwttvo1_500.gif

Reactions: Canada Drai

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad