Best Goal of All-Time?

AlphaInsidious

Dec 15, 2006
I may have just missed the boat, being all new and stuff, but I was wondering what you guys consider the best goal of all-time...
And please...no one say the Orr jumping picture shot....b/c we all know the actual goal wasn't that fantastic, circumstance aside.

-Alpha

AlphaInsidious

Dec 15, 2006
Agreed mostly on the Ovechkin goal...it sure looked pretty though.

Thanks for the link, as well.

-Alpha

J0e Th0rnton*

ROFL, The Spezza goal looked pretty because of Pylon Souray just standing there.......

Those definitely are great, but I have seen some better. That video should be called nicest deke's that lead to goals.

P.S can anyone tell me who scored the goal upside down in midair at 1:23 of this video? THAT was pretty

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xKOaXAwIdZE

Ogopogo*

I may have just missed the boat, being all new and stuff, but I was wondering what you guys consider the best goal of all-time...
And please...no one say the Orr jumping picture shot....b/c we all know the actual goal wasn't that fantastic, circumstance aside.

-Alpha

Gretzky's no look behind the back pass to Coffey in the '85 finals was brilliant, Gretzky & Kurri's give and go and give and go against the Rangers was awesome, Gretzky making the Rockies look like peewees back in '81 or '82 was magical as was his spinarama against the Blues in his 5 goal game back in the mid 80s

but...

Denis Savard's goal against the Oilers is probably the best of all time.

12# Peter Bondra

Apr 15, 2004
ROFL, The Spezza goal looked pretty because of Pylon Souray just standing there.......

Those definitely are great, but I have seen some better. That video should be called nicest deke's that lead to goals.

P.S can anyone tell me who scored the goal upside down in midair at 1:23 of this video? THAT was pretty

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xKOaXAwIdZE
Todd Bertuzzi I think. He wore 27 back then and as I have the video in better quality, in which I can see it is his name.

http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/leagues/seasons/teams/0000391998.html

V-2 Schneider

Mar 8, 2004
Not one goal by Lafleur? Not even Jagr's best, where he was falling to the ice and batted it out of the air? ESPN has no institutional memory of any hockey that they didn't broadcast.:shakehead

seventieslord

Student Of The Game
Mar 16, 2006
Regina, SK
I think, taking the importance of the goal into consideration, that Dougie Gilmour's Double OT goal against St. Louis in game 1 in 1993 is the best goal ever.

seventieslord

Student Of The Game
Mar 16, 2006
Regina, SK
Just watched the sportcentre top 10 though... those were all amazing. The Spezza one could have been replaced with a few nicer ones I can think of off the top of my head, like Dougie's goal, or the Kamensky spin move, or even the Datsyuk goal.

Masao

Nov 24, 2002
masaohf.atspace.com
Just watched the sportcentre top 10 though... those were all amazing. The Spezza one could have been replaced with a few nicer ones I can think of off the top of my head, like Dougie's goal, or the Kamensky spin move, or even the Datsyuk goal.

One I really really liked was one goal Gretzky scored against the Colorado Rockies, I think it was in 1980 or 1981, he made some really nice dekes, putting the puck between the defensemen's legs, then dodging the goalie who was trying to pounce on the puck and putting it in an empty net. I think it's at least better than some of the goals on that top 10.

Also, there were some Lemieux goals that were better than that split against Minnesota they show a thousand times a day.

12# Peter Bondra

Apr 15, 2004
One I really really liked was one goal Gretzky scored against the Colorado Rockies, I think it was in 1980 or 1981, he made some really nice dekes, putting the puck between the defensemen's legs, then dodging the goalie who was trying to pounce on the puck and putting it in an empty net. I think it's at least better than some of the goals on that top 10.

Also, there were some Lemieux goals that were better than that split against Minnesota they show a thousand times a day.
Like the one he put the puck between Bourque's skates?
Or the one at the ASG?

seventieslord

Student Of The Game
Mar 16, 2006
Regina, SK

Yeah, that wasn't Lemieux's greatest. It was merely a fine example of what he can do.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad