Best Goal of All-Time?

VanIslander

A 19-year ATDer on HfBoards
Sep 4, 2004
South Korea
I have seen Gretzky score hundreds of goals but the vast majority of my memories of him are on the passing plays, the only goal of his which I keep thinking about is the 60-foot slapshot in the postseason during his short tenure with the Blues. Funny eh?

One of Trevor Linden's two goals during the Game 7 Stanley Cup Finals was very memorable for me, him putting his body between himself and the defender, protecting the puck as he leaned over while surging in and potting it.

But best goal I've seen?

Elias from Sykora during a 5-pass surge up the ice which had them zigzag past each other, going wide, Sykora pivoting on a dime to backhand to Elias for the winner. it was replayed time and again, and TSN chose it as play of the week. Gawd, I can't recall the game, early 2001.

silkyjohnson50

Jan 10, 2007
I'd defently put the Datsyuk vs Turco on any Top 10...

It's kind of funny, because TSN had the Datsyuk goal ahead of the Afinogenov goal on two different occasions(goals from that season-i think 03) and Russian goals... Yet, they don't have Datsyuk on this list?

Injektilo

Feb 3, 2005
Taiwan
Paul Henderson.34 seconds left in the 3rd.1972.Moscow,Russia.Broke a 4-4 tie.Enough said.

*smacks forehead.

I'm a fan of beautiful passing plays, there's a nice goal i've seen a few different places with couple of Bruins on a two on one with Bergeron finishing.

jiggs 10

Dec 5, 2002
Hockeytown, ND
Visit site
The Savard goal was a thing of beauty, but wasn't even HIS best! I've got a couple on VHS tape that are about that good, plus a couple of his "spin-o-rama" goals from 1988 or so.

Steve Yzerman had a much better one against Darin Pang and Chicago in 1990, but it isn't on YouTube (at least, I couldn't find it), but he skates around the entire team, then goes in and goes over the shoulder of Pang for an incredible goal.

Kamensky's goal is no great shakes, see many like it every year. Spezza's was nice, although since it was Sheldon Sourey he deked, it is no surprise! :D

Some good goals there. THAT'S what hockey is supposed to look like!

OLYMPIA STADIUM

Apr 20, 2007
DETROIT MICHIGAN
groups.yahoo.com
Bobby Baun

I would have to say the goal by Bobby Baun in the 1964 stanley cup finals game 6 at detroit's olympia stadium.it won the game for toronto in overtime.but you also have to mention the Orr goal in 1970 that won the cup for boston.

leafsrok

Feb 3, 2007
Bure skate to stick, Bure against the Devils, Lemieux against the North Stars, Kovalev in the worlds, Kovalchuk :yo: against the Canes.

Slapshooter

Apr 25, 2007
Best goals of all-time would be all homer picks, so I'll skip 'em.

Most of Brett Hull goals were the best. I just love how fast he could release an accurate shot with killing power. Hull could shoot a one timer even when he was not receiving a pass. That's how fast he was.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad