Best Food in Nationwide Arena?

1857 Howitzer

******* Linesman
Aug 27, 2007
Ohio
Has anyone tried the bacon on a stick. My dad and I always wonder if that is worth the clogged artery.

Viqsi, Tommy's is the best with Rotolo's a close second!

I've only gotten it on free food night and it sucked. Was nothing but a chunk of fat. Maybe on free food night they bring out the bottom of the barrel stuff?

I may have to, it smells so good going up the west escalator.

I move to 216 this season (right next to that escalator) and the smell up there is amazing. :laugh:

Derby

Pilsners in Prague
Sponsor
Dec 30, 2009
Ohio
I've only gotten it on free food night and it sucked. Was nothing but a chunk of fat. Maybe on free food night they bring out the bottom of the barrel stuff?

Same here. I try all the new stuff on free food night and the bacon on a stick was just as you described.

Sore Loser

Sorest of them all
Dec 9, 2006
Spokane, WA.
Miss the Nat ...

Here at the Spokane Arena, where the US Figure Skating Championships were held a few years ago, the arena was publicly blasted for lack of food. On days where the events ran 8 hours, the food offered to the public was nachos, popcorn, pretzels, and soda.

Since then, they have added a Mexican stand (don't risk it), open up the pizza stand more (good, but QUITE spendy), and a legit restaurant ... which has absolutely no field of view of what's happening in the Arena, so nobody eats there anyway.

And it's not like it's a small building ... the Arena can host nearly 12,000 for a hockey game.

Sounds like you guys have it made... color me jealous.

JKG08

Oct 6, 2014
Southern, OH
I usually can't bring myself to pay the ridiculous prices of stadium food. I'll usually get Jimmy Johns before the game since it's right across the street. Although if I do get food inside the arena I usually stick to the basic hotdog and popcorn, or a pap john's personal pizza since it's just easy to eat in you seat and you can always close the box up and put it under your seat if you want to slave a slice or two for later.

Also, I was glad to see them serving Yuengling lager last time I went to a game. I'm not much of a beer drinker but it's one of the few beers I genuinely enjoy.

Dr. Fire

What, me worry?
Jun 29, 2007
Jacketstown, Ohio
I usually can't bring myself to pay the ridiculous prices of stadium food. I'll usually get Jimmy Johns before the game since it's right across the street. Although if I do get food inside the arena I usually stick to the basic hotdog and popcorn, or a pap john's personal pizza since it's just easy to eat in you seat and you can always close the box up and put it under your seat if you want to slave a slice or two for later.

Also, I was glad to see them serving Yuengling lager last time I went to a game. I'm not much of a beer drinker but it's one of the few beers I genuinely enjoy.

I am a Yuengling fan as well, and this season there are more taps of it around the arena. Last season I had to walk half way around the Club lvl to get to the tap, but this season they added light, amber, and black&tan to the taps at the bar area right behind my seats. The bar is right at the top of the escalator behind C11. As you can see I am a Draft beer fan and only drink draft beer when it is available.

cslebn

80 forever
Feb 15, 2012
They had ciders at a craft beer stand near 117. I want to say Stella Cidre and maybe Angry Orchard.

I think the craft beer stands were basically in every corner of the building (we saw them on both ends of the main food area, so 117 and like 111). Last year they had stella and something else but I don't remember angry orchard, I love that stuff too much to not remember that.

cslebn

80 forever
Feb 15, 2012
Viqsi, Tommy's is the best with Rotolo's a close second!

I miss good old Iaccono's as well. If the mountains in Utah weren't so awesome I'd hate it here for the lack of good pizza.

pete goegan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 6, 2006
Washington, DC
I think the craft beer stands were basically in every corner of the building (we saw them on both ends of the main food area, so 117 and like 111). Last year they had stella and something else but I don't remember angry orchard, I love that stuff too much to not remember that.

Ever tried an Angry Irishman - Angry Orchard and a shot of Irish Whiskey over ice? Very refreshing (and quite potent!).

Fro

Cheatin on CBJ w TBL
Mar 11, 2009
The Beach, FL
Ever tried an Angry Irishman - Angry Orchard and a shot of Irish Whiskey over ice? Very refreshing (and quite potent!).

i prefer Magners Cider with the shot of Jameson...but yes, very tasty...something about Angry Orchard and Jameson just doesn't mix well for me

Apr 9, 2009
USA
Skyline cheese fries

Although for the preseason games I've been to this year I have just gotten popcorn. Seems to be not as tasty this year. Probably just used to movie popcorn though. Easton has the best...

ca5150

Jul 17, 2006
Columbus, Ohio
Club Level without a doubt has the best food, we get our season tickets there partially because they have so many good, somewhat healthy food options

We Want Ten

Make Chinakov Great Again
Apr 5, 2013
Columbus
I can't stand paying the high price of stadium food so I usually go without, but I do hope they keep "low" priced options such as nachos and hot dogs. When I think stadium food it isn't exactly fish tacos.

puckfan64

May 4, 2007
C-bus
Don't know if anyone else saw it, but last night's episode of "Chopped" had a baseball theme to it, and featured four chefs from Delaware North (the F&B provider at Nationwide Arena), representing the Orioles, Rangers, Cardinals and Reds

Crede777

Deputized
Dec 16, 2009
Yeah the price is really high.

If/when I do eat at the arena it's usually Papa Johns or a chicken tenders basket. Problem with the chicken tenders, aside from the price, is that my fries often get cold real fast and I always get ketchup on myself somehow.

Usually it's the ol' Chipotle down the road or something else, though.

JacketsDavid

Jan 11, 2013
Has anyone here tried the Chicken and Waffles yet? I'm curious.

I have and they were ok, and was only $9.50 in preseason (will be interested to see what price is tomorrow). Not a true waffle, it's a waffle bowl. But my friend is a chicken and waffle nut so I've hit several places locally (Belgian Waffle in North Market whose chicken is too spicy but waffle is awesome, Double Comfort across from convention center whose is also good) and most of those places are $9-10, so relatively speaking it's not a bad value (not as much chicken in stadium and waffle is not as great, but for stadium food it's good), but let's wait and see what price is tomorrow.
Also just my opinion - but tell them to hold the slaw the pile on top/side.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad